Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling, Swapping or Wanted Watches & Timepieces *Please read rules in 1st post**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,121 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

if for some reason you had paid retail on one youd be crying :pac:

and its an understandable asking price from someone who did pay retail as youd have to assume they dont know any better

he will get a shock!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Cyrus wrote: »
    if for some reason you had paid retail on one youd be crying :pac:

and its an understandable asking price from someone who did pay retail as youd have to assume they dont know any better

he will get a shock!

he might just come away thinking all buyers on adverts are low balling dicks. I would come in there at 2400 and see whats what and yes 3k would be about right on it as its 10/10. The buyer has to go low in order to meet in the middle, but that first offer is 1600 under asking, which really seems a dick move. If I wanted to sell that I would start 3300 with 3k as a reasonable final price. It shows intent to sell. But as you maybe rightly point out if the chap did pay anywhere close to retail he is about to get a fright.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Embarrassed to be selling these, came with my turtle. If anyone wants them for their kid etc let me know. Price of a pint Revolut incl postage for anyone here.

https://www.adverts.ie/sports/fossil-nato-strap-22mm/20469164
    https://www.adverts.ie/sports/stainless-steel-22mm-bracelet/20469149

WTB - Seiko SRP Turtle bracelet - let me know if anyone has anything, open to OEM or Strapcode etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,482 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

There's one for sale here for EUR70

Linky

Bit expensive and very strange that the ad is called "Seiko Watch" when there isn't a watch for sale, just a bracelet

But I guess that is yourself over there making an offer for PM just now?

• Advertisement

Yeah been following this - asking price and shipping estimate is a bit salty though, they’re about £80 new just finding stock is a problem. I thought my €60 offer incl a €1 stamp was generous enough for a used item.

Another guy on adverts tracked me down through an ad to sell one but I don’t think it’s legit will post a picture on the fake watch buster thread.

Selling my Isofrane strap. The original rubber diving strap. Considered the best. Had it on my Seamaster last summer, but the watch is gone and the strap needs to go too. Looking for €80 for it, and that is lower than you will ever get one on eBay.

Linky

514503.jpg

unkel wrote: »
    Selling my Isofrane strap. The original rubber diving strap. Considered the best. Had it on my Seamaster last summer, but the watch is gone and the strap needs to go too. Looking for €80 for it, and that is lower than you will ever get one on eBay.

Linky

Nice - 20mm is it?

Yes, 20mm

david wrote: »
    WTB - Seiko SRP Turtle bracelet - let me know if anyone has anything, open to OEM or Strapcode etc.

Sorted guys. Big thanks to the absolute gent @Cmar-Ireland, very sound deal for a brand new bracelet and nice talking watches with you today!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

david wrote: »
    Sorted guys. Big thanks to the absolute gent @Cmar-Ireland, very sound deal for a brand new bracelet and nice talking watches with you today!

Nice to meet you too David. Glad you like the bracelet. Better on your wrist than sitting in my watch bits drawer !

Ciaran

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭Roycropper63

@Cmar
    Would there be a bracelet for an skx in that parts bin by any chance?

I have a Super Oyster style bracelet with hollow fitted end links for SKX007/9/11. No idea where it came from, spurious no doubt. Came as part of another deal. It's weighty enough at 91g compared to the stock Jubilee 55g. It's sized for 7", I have 3 more links and there's good wiggle room on the micro adjustment. Takes Seiko fat boy 2.5mm bars.

If it's any use to you let me know.

514713.jpeg
    514712.jpeg
    514711.jpeg
    514710.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

@Cmar
    Would there be a bracelet for an skx in that parts bin by any chance?

No, I don't have anything for an SKX.

Many thanks to both replies. Missed out on the skx this time but will keep it in mind thanks Cmar/David

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I might have a jubilee from an SKX, will dig around.

Many thanks to both replies. Missed out on the skx this time but will keep it in mind thanks Cmar/David

You’ve been trying to pick up one for a while? I’ll keep an eye out for you. The prices are fairly mental. They’re €250 on creation watches for the 009, that’s unfortunately the best value I’m seeing for a new one. Can’t see them getting any cheaper. I’d always recommend second hand if you’ve plans to mod it anyway. I got mine for a fair deal with a scratch on the crystal which I was replacing with sapphire anyway. The 7S26 is the most reliable movement I have, it’s lost about 5 seconds over the last fortnight compared to my iPhone. It’s the cockroach of the clock movement world. Survive anything.

There’s better value right now in prospex turtles, you’d get an SRP 775/777 for less money than an SKX with a bit of patience

Eoin wrote: »
    I might have a jubilee from an SKX, will dig around.

Pm us a price on that if Roy doesn’t want it, owe you one since the chapter ring.

Work away david had my eye on an 013; but was indecisive on 2:occasions recently and missed them. Have an srp773 turtle already and got a 4th generation monster .
    So will keep searching.

Ah ok I’ll let you know if I come across any bargains, 20mm lugs on the 013 so neither bracelet would work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I am looking at a bit of a clear out but throwing these up here before putting on the ebay/adverts. PM if interested or want prices etc.

First pic is a no name Chinese flieger. I think this is a Parnis with no name on the dial.
    Second pic is a Seagull 63. About 2 years old. Includes original case and unworn straps.
    Third is an old Chrono from the early 1960s with a landeron movement inside.
    And the last is an Omega Seamaster 30 from 1963.

All sold now except the no name Chinese Fleiger.
    California dial and display case back.
    Looking for 80 for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭893bet

Fire sale.

Boards prices

Nomos 1600
    Omega PO 2500
    Vacheron 4500

https://www.adverts.ie/20537966

https://www.adverts.ie/20538178

https://www.adverts.ie/20539815

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

893bet wrote: »
    Fire sale.

Boards prices

Nomos 1600
    Omega PO 2500
    Vacheron 4500

Wow, there are some good deals there. I am tapped out at the moment but I would have any in a heartbeat. Must look behind sofa for extra dosh when I get home. GLWS

• Registered Users Posts: 16,803 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Fire sale.

Boards prices

Nomos 1600
    Omega PO 2500
    Vacheron 4500

Hope all is ok mate!

The Vacheron is beautiful, indeed all those watches are.
    If I'd not just bought some bits recently I'd be all over at least 2 of these.

GLWS, and someone is scoring a real bargain with the Vach IMO.

banie01 wrote: »
    Hope all is ok mate!

The Vacheron is beautiful, indeed all those watches are.
    If I'd not just bought some bits recently I'd be all over at least 2 of these.

GLWS, and someone is scoring a real bargain with the Vach IMO.

All is ok thankfully. Not really a firesale btw. Was just jesting as we had been discussing people getting desperate and dumping watching.

Looking to trade up to something a little bit special and a lot expensive. It’s a longer term plan so not in a rush to sell.

All three are lovely watches. As I took quick and dirty images I was having second thoughts. Especially about the Planet Ocean. And the Vacheron. And the Nomos.

Already thinking of withdrawing lol.

As an affordable watch guy, that Nomos is my grail dressier watch, absolutely beautiful and amazing price. If I wasn't on temp-layoff I'd be on it in a heartbeat. GLWS, or not as the case may be :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,803 ✭✭✭✭banie01

All is ok thankfully. Not really a firesale btw. Was just jesting as we had been discussing people getting desperate and dumping watching.

Glad to hear that you are well :D

I can totally get the sellers remorse :pac:

I was supposed to sell my B&R on foot of buying the Accutron...

Instead, My son got a late 16th bday present and I can borrow it when I want! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Glad to hear you're okay 893

Something more special than the VC? That's got to be pretty spectacular then (diamond encrusted Hublot big bang?) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

I reckons he's after one of those *tastefully done white gold diamond encrusted Pateks.

*this might be the entirely wrong word

• Advertisement

Thirdfox wrote: »
    Glad to hear you're okay 893

Something more special than the VC? That's got to be pretty spectacular then (diamond encrusted Hublot big bang?) :D

Might regret letting the VC go. Close to irreplaceable. There is only one more 42040 for sale that I can see on chrono24. Genuinely rare (unlike the rare at RRP Rolex and patek) but Uber low demand.

I am after an A Lange and Sohne....exact model not quite sure yet.

Advertisement