Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling, Swapping or Wanted Watches & Timepieces *Please read rules in 1st post**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

893bet wrote: »
    Might regret letting the VC go. Close to irreplaceable. There is only one more 42040 for sale that I can see on chrono24. Genuinely rare (unlike the rare at RRP Rolex and patek) but Uber low demand.

I am after an A Lange and Sohne....exact model not quite sure yet.

The VC is a heavy hitter and would be a crown jewel in anyone's collection. To get a VC for that price is a steal for anyone. A Lange et Sohne...doesnt matter the model all 100% class.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

hitemfrank wrote: »
    I reckons he's after one of those *tastefully done white gold diamond encrusted Pateks.

*this might be the entirely wrong word

Last off topic post on this (because I was going to post up a thread about whatever happened to the Zenith Defy Lab? - apparently it is now in serial production and called the Zenith Defy Inventor).

Here's the ordinary Inventor (with that uber accurate 18hz movement):
    95.9001.9100.78.r920.png?im=Resize=700

and the "Greater China model"
    https://www.zenith-watches.com/en_us/product/defy-inventor-greater-china-32-9000-9100-76-r582

32.9000.9100.76.r582.png?im=Resize=700

...they know the Chinese market well :pac: - tastefully decorated indeed :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

Fire sale.

Boards prices

Nomos 1600
    Omega PO 2500
    Vacheron 4500

https://www.adverts.ie/20537966

https://www.adverts.ie/20538178

https://www.adverts.ie/20539815

Good luck with these by the way. Lovely, lovely watches.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

banie01 wrote: »
    Glad to hear that you are well :D

I can totally get the sellers remorse :pac:

I was supposed to sell my B&R on foot of buying the Accutron...

Instead, My son got a late 16th bday present and I can borrow it when I want! ;)

The wife will be getting "surprise" gifts soon...

28fea927d358614e2816899d1c201d26.jpg

And to keep it on-topic - here is 893's post on his watch ads:
    893bet wrote:
    Originally Posted by 893bet View Post
    Fire sale.

Boards prices

Nomos 1600
    Omega PO 2500
    Vacheron 4500

https://www.adverts.ie/20537966

https://www.adverts.ie/20538178

https://www.adverts.ie/20539815

• Registered Users Posts: 65,482 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Who would have thought, certainly not me, but I already have my eye on another Rolex. Or two or even three others! Can't afford to own more than one at the same time, so I've decided to sell my Explorer 1 ref. 214270 from 2012, box and papers, in excellent condition.

I will most likely buy my next Rolex new from an AD, so it would quite likely involve getting on a waiting list. So I am not pushed for time or for cash here.

The cheapest 214270 from Chrono24 in the EU is a private sale looking for just under EUR5600 and it is in fairly poor condition. I will consider offers above that. Anyone seriously interested, feel free to PM me. I have not advertised the watch yet.

515495.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

What have your eye on as your next rolex Unkel?

Which one don't I have my eye on would get a shorter answer :p

My head is all over the place, some of them are out of budget but the realistic ones are an OP blue - probably too small at 36mm, a non date sub (have to get that out of my system) or the dark horse, the Z-Blue Milgauss. That could prove to be a keeper.

unkel wrote: »
    Which one don't I have my eye on would get a shorter answer :p

My head is all over the place, some of them are out of budget but the realistic ones are an OP blue - probably too small at 36mm, a non date sub (have to get that out of my system) or the dark horse, the Blue Z Milgauss. That could prove to be a keeper.

Watch that Z blue...its a very strong colour...I love it but its a strong choice.

Please please please if you are putting an ad on adverts take some good photos of the explorer. Low light, like at dusk outdoors and off the wrist as well. Nobody like to associate their potential new expensive watch with some hairy blokes arm.

You are totally ****ed now, Rolex all the way....I have one, I trade it for another, I buy another, now I have two. then three, then back to one then 4. Then you are hiding them from the wife. You have it bad and there aint no cure.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,121 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Watch that Z blue...its a very strong colour...I love it but its a strong choice.

Please please please if you are putting an ad on adverts take some good photos of the explorer. Low light, like at dusk outdoors and off the wrist as well. Nobody like to associate their potential new expensive watch with some hairy blokes arm.

You are totally ****ed now, Rolex all the way....I have one, I trade it for another, I buy another, now I have two. then three, then back to one then 4. Then you are hiding them from the wife. You have it bad and there aint no cure.

yep I can attest to that

Z blue I've had twice , I loved it but as Fitz said it's a strong colour .

What about a datejust 41 blue?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,864 ✭✭✭fat bloke

That's rather an alarming flip-rate for what would be considered significant.... destination watches. I always thought that further up the "expense" axis meant a diminishing "flip-factor", but I'm beginning to think that's not the case at all. Could it be in fact that the cheaper the watch, the more likely it is to be a keeper, and so-called "grail" watches provide little in the way of satisfaction or succour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,649 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

fat bloke wrote: »
    and so-called "grail" watches provide little in the way of satisfaction or succour.

Well that would be a sad thing if it's true.

Spend thousands on a watch and not be content with it? To me that defies logic, but I'm at the lower end of the scale completely to those buying and selling top end watches. Maybe they get the enjoyment of wearing it for a while then want another one? I'm guessing with the huge amount of watches out there, there will always be something better?

I have maybe 5 or so watches, and a lower end Hamilton Khaki was my so-called grail watch if you want to put it like that. I'll never be in the market to flip Rolex watches unless my numbers come up.

But I really like the ones I have, as cheap and cheerful as they may be.

Cyrus wrote: »
    yep I can attest to that

Z blue I've had twice , I loved it but as Fitz said it's a strong colour .

Interesting you had it twice! I'll have to try it on, see what it is like. But is does sing to me from the screen.
    What about a datejust 41 blue?

Lovely colour blue, but I don't like the date and particularly not the cyclops and the design is too conservative / tame / old man looking for me. Same as the OP 39 you recommended to me before. If only Rolex did more watches in that colour though. Like the Explorer 1 (that I have) or the sub no date! I've always loved blue watches and I've always parted quickly with black watches

That brings me to fat blokes point. For many years my grail watch was a Seamaster 300M, blue of course. When I bought it, I was very content with it for the three years that I had it. There is a pattern here...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,330 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Fickle is what you are.

Then again, I'm thinking of selling my OP 39 black dial I've barely worn since buying a few months ago...not that I don't like it but never getting a chance to wear it.

Interesting you had it twice! I'll have to try it on, see what it is like. But is does sing to me from the screen.

Lovely colour blue, but I don't like the date and particularly not the cyclops and the design is too conservative / tame / old man looking for me. Same as the OP 39 you recommended to me before. If only Rolex did more watches in that colour though. Like the Explorer 1 (that I have) or the sub no date! I've always loved blue watches and I've always parted quickly with black watches

That brings me to fat blokes point. For many years my grail watch was a Seamaster 300M, blue of course. When I bought it, I was very content with it for the three years that I had it. There is a pattern here...

to be honest sub nd is all the watch anyone could want it's a proper one watch job

A colleague of mine in London who must have a 100ks worth of watches agrees with me for what it's worth !

fat bloke wrote: »
    That's rather an alarming flip-rate for what would be considered significant.... destination watches. I always thought that further up the "expense" axis meant a diminishing "flip-factor", but I'm beginning to think that's not the case at all. Could it be in fact that the cheaper the watch, the more likely it is to be a keeper, and so-called "grail" watches provide little in the way of satisfaction or succour.

It's more to do with the fact you build the expensive watch up so much it's almost impossible for it to live up

And you do stupid stuff I've had a good few twice like the aforementioned Milgauss blue and I had a brand new Daytona and sold it and now I'm convinced I want another

There is just too much choice it's hard to be satisfied unless you stop looking

I had a milgauss twice too. I made a mistake selling it, and when it was gone I really missed it. Agree a ND sub is all you need, a class watch (watch the supercase, its a bit bulky...rumour is that the new sub which should have been the 2020 Baselworld, has a smaller case between the supercase and the old small case, maybe wait for that new model? The problem with the sub is the ubiquity of them, their homages and their fakes.

Grail watches are just a goal. To stop there is to say that the hobby of collecting is over for you. I have watches I would never sell, but the grail changes over time. I think...."well if I got this one, may that supergrail is possible"...sometimes you get a watch and its not for you, or it doesnt live up to what you hopped, and its too expensive to just keep as a filler.

Cyrus...Daytona for me is just class.

to be honest sub nd is all the watch anyone could want it's a proper one watch job

If only they had it in that blue colour, it would likely be all the watch I would want for many years to come. The glidelock system would probably be the first system that would make me 100% happy with a bracelet. I gravitate to divers and to blue face watches (on anything but a bracelet). I can't even stop myself from buying blue Seiko divers, I've had 3 blue PADI turtles already, all the exact same model :p:o

If only they had it in that blue colour, it would likely be all the watch I would want for many years to come. The glidelock system would probably be the first system that would make me 100% happy with a bracelet. I gravitate to divers and to blue face watches (on anything but a bracelet). I can't even stop myself from buying blue Seiko divers, I've had 3 blue PADI turtles already, all the exact same model :p:o

Easy choice so, Smurf or a BLRO GMT master II. Job done. Batman has just enough blue, or a pepsi GMT

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭oxocube

Easy choice so, Smurf or a BLRO GMT master II. Job done. Batman has just enough blue, or a pepsi GMT

A BLNR or a Yacht Master in rhodium :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭893bet

116622 had to be worth a shout, the blue one.

Not one I would buy new though.

• Advertisement

Don't like any of the GMT, too loud for me. Yacht Master rhodium (or blue!) is gorgeous. Outside of my budget though.

116622 had to be worth a shout, the blue one.

Not one I would buy new though.

Care to explain why?

Care to explain why?

Just from a residuals point of view. You won’t be able to flip it and get the RRP back or close to it.

So they depreciate a fair bit? I didn't expect that for as good looking a Rolex as that!

A bit more than a sub or gmt.

Less than every other brand still mind you.

Had a quick glance on chrono24. Cheapest one second hand in the EU $11k, RRP $12k. Not so bad, similar percentage to many other Rolex like Explorer, OP, etc. Buying new, with full warranty and your name on the card, relation with AD, easily bridges this gap for me, I have to say.

Had a quick glance on chrono24. Cheapest one second hand in the EU $11k, RRP $12k. Not so bad, similar percentage to many other Rolex like Explorer, OP, etc. Buying new, with full warranty and your name on the card, relation with AD, easily bridges this gap for me, I have to say.

C24 same as WF is no real yard stick for prices.

Last one on tz was for 7150. March just gone.

I think RRP on there is 10k euro. 8k is realistic 2nd hand price. Less really given they are very low demand.

Wow, GBP7k? That's a Rolex with a bit of a difference for very reasonable money.

I had a blue dialled yachtmaster aswell I'll see if I can dig out some pics lovely watch but it's flashy and the bezel is a concern I'm not really a big fan of metal bezels as they are too easy to mark (same reason I didn't keep any of the 3 different 216570s I had )

What about the blue pelagos sounds like it meets your criteria ?

Also I wouldn't overplay buying from an ad as 893 said retail on a ym isn't a good idea , a relationship with one is more like 5 or 6 watches and having your name on the warranty card is over rated :D

Edit

Here's the tz-uk thread from when I got the yachtmaster unfortunately I used photo bucket

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.php?280992-New-yacthmaster-incoming&highlight=Yachtmaster

Sold it for 5,100 6 months later how times have changed

• Advertisement

Wow, GBP7k? That's a Rolex with a bit of a difference for very reasonable money.

Yes 7150 sterling.

I am a fan of the blue YM myself, aside from the polished centre links but they are easily fixed.

Advertisement