Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling, Swapping or Wanted Watches & Timepieces *Please read rules in 1st post**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,803 ✭✭✭✭banie01

So the Seiko Chrono I got from Mick is gone up on adverts.

It's advertised at €180 with the auld adverts tax ;)
    For anyone interested here, it's available for what I paid which is a cool and eminently reasonable €150 delivered.

https://touch.adverts.ie/casual/seiko-snn123p1/20601077

• Registered Users Posts: 65,482 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Very nice. Speedy homage in a way. Ad needs a more close up picture of the dial though.

unkel wrote: »
    Very nice. Speedy homage in a way. Ad needs a more close up picture of the dial though.

Added 1 of Mick's there, as it's the same watch.
    Thanks for the critique, it's appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭This is it

I like it but I've taken up another hobby which is expensive in itself, so I really shouldn't!

This is it wrote: »
    I like it but I've taken up another hobby which is expensive in itself, so I really shouldn't!

Hobbies can get real expensive, real quick!

I'm trying to thin the herd, and after buying an Arnie this one needs to go.
    It's not quite a Tag :P
    But it's a far nicer watch than the pricetag implies IMO.

• Advertisement

banie01 wrote: »
    Added 1 of Mick's there, as it's the same watch.
    Thanks for the critique, it's appreciated :)

I'm the last person who should comment on pictures in ads as mine are always terrible, no exception :p:o

But I thought I'd give you this feedback anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,505 ✭✭✭VW 1

I'll offer the 150 Banie, PM if you are happy to accept!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

Hobbies can get real expensive, real quick!

I'm trying to thin the herd, and after buying an Arnie this one needs to go.
    It's not quite a Tag :P
    But it's a far nicer watch than the pricetag implies IMO.

Adverts blocked in my work place :mad: any chance adding photo on here for a look?

Adverts blocked in my work place :mad: any chance adding photo on here for a look?

https://m.imgur.com/a/xM2FLJm

That's today's photos and micks_addresa has a post a few pages back with it in its previous home.
    Other than actually trying it on since it got here, it's not been worn.

VW 1 wrote: »

PM sent :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

VW 1 wrote: »

I'll take it if you decide it's not for you. Otherwise, health to wear!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,743 ✭✭✭micks_address

Exact reason I bought till I bought the speedmaster same weekend :
    The little fellas price held up well

Exact reason I bought till I bought the speedmaster same weekend :
    The little fellas price held up well

Washed my face on it ;)
    With the Arnie on the way, it had to go.

I have no bloody impulse control!
    Nice to see it stay here tho :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,443 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Seems An Post have lost my Barton Watch Straps

I ordered in April, They arrived in Ireland 22 May but not here yet. Fair play to Barton, they have refunded me.

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,849 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

I ordered in April, They arrived in Ireland 22 May but not here yet. Fair play to Barton, they have refunded me.

I ordered mine on 22 Apr and it arrived last Friday. Some serious delays from the states.

Glad to hear my company... or I mean Barton refunded you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

That sucks.

What types and colour of straps were you getting?

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭tweek84

So the Seiko Chrono I got from Mick is gone up on adverts.

It's advertised at €180 with the auld adverts tax ;)
    For anyone interested here, it's available for what I paid which is a cool and eminently reasonable €150 delivered.

https://touch.adverts.ie/casual/seiko-snn123p1/20601077

Let me know if your sale doesn't go through, I see you are in Limerick as well so it is convenient for me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Is it better to order straps from Barton or through Amazon?

tweek84 wrote: »
    Let me know if your sale doesn't go through, I see you are in Limerick as well so it is convenient for me

The interest is appreciated.
    It's after being dropped in the post this morning tho, but good for VW1 to know there is a queue after his done ;)

good for VW1 to know there is a queue after his done ;)

That's the brilliant thing. A lot of us get to own / try / wear watches for a while for very little money that way :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,743 ✭✭✭micks_address

That's the brilliant thing. A lot of us get to own / try / wear watches for a while for very little money that way :)

Like some sort of watch club :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

dinorebel wrote: »
    Is it better to order straps from Barton or through Amazon?

I've done both and had no issues.

Amazon will likely be faster though. Assuming the one you want is listed on Amazon.

Like some sort of watch club :)

There goes that business idea I'd scalped from a thread I definitely didn't see in here :pac:

EDIT

Best place to sell a new and unused Sinn H-Link strap?

I'm going to assume TZ-UK or WatchUseek?
    I've become quite attached to the silicone and NATO and honestly have no use for it now...
    After going balls to the wall last year to actually get hold of the thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

Hi folks, to help free up some funds for a potential purchase I've decided to sell my Speedmaster MK40... Before I advertise it, I'd like to offer it to forum members at a reduced Boardsie price.

IMG-20191008-184748.jpg

I don't have the original purchase papers or box, but I do have certificate of authenticity and box from Watchfinder - who I bought it from.

I've really enjoyed owning this watch, always wanted a Speedie, but couldn't live with manual wind or lack of date. I'm a sucker for complications and some of my favourite watches are triple dates, but often out of my league from a price perspective. So when I discovered the 3520.50.00 it answered all my requirements.

The watch is 39mm diameter and 13mm high so it wears well on most wrists and slips easily under a cuff. It comes on the original steel bracelet which has very little wear, only one centre link has a scratch and it's on the side of the bracelet that you don't see when wearing the watch.

I also have a Crown & Buckle Grey Braided Perlon strap which I'll throw in. Visually I think it suits the Speedmaster and is very light and comfortable to wear.

The crystal is sapphire which is unmarked as is the aluminum bezel. One of the things I like most about the bezel is how it catches the light, I'll upload some pics which I think highlight this.

The push buttons for the chronograph work perfectly as do all the date set features.

Similar watches on C24 (in Europe) are in the €2200 - €2400 bracket excl. delivery, I'll probably advertise it somewhere around that figure. I'll happily sell to a member of the forum for €2k. Drop me a PM if interested please. Not interested in swaps on this occasion, unless it's for a black ceramic 300M ;)

COPIED FROM FRATELLO WATCHES:
    The automatic movement of the Speedmaster Day-Date is Omega’s caliber 1151. This movement is based on the famous ETA / Valjoux 7751 movement. A work-horse and different from the Speedmaster Reduced (3510.50) that uses an ETA 2890-A2 with a Dubois-Depraz chronograph module on top. The Valjoux 7751 is a dedicated chronograph movement, whereas the Speedmaster Reduced uses a so-called piggybacking movement

IMG-20190711-122505.jpg
    IMG-20190711-123459.jpg
    IMG-20190715-121955.jpg
    IMG-20190715-122002.jpg
    IMG-20190715-122012.jpg
    IMG-20191005-161313.jpg
    IMG-20191007-135507.jpg
    IMG-20191007-135507-01.jpg
    IMG-20200211-140732.jpg
    IMG-20200223-211743-01-01.jpg
    IMG-20200319-123457.jpg
    IMG-20200505-124846-01.jpg
    IMG-20200522-233903.jpg

I have my eyes on another Rolex. The seller will take my Rolex Explorer 1 ref 214270 39mm as a trade in, but the deal is not quite there for me. So I will offer it here for sale, and later on today on adverts.ie

Cheapest one in the EU with box and papers (like mine) on chrono24 is EUR5600, but it is quite badly scratched. Mine is in excellent condition. PM me offers if you like, don't be shy. Please only if you are certain that you can come up with the cash within a reasonable time though, say a week

515904.jpg

I'm very close to doing a deal with the seller of that Rolex that I fancy. So if you want to pick up my Explorer for a few hundred quid under its market value, you will have to be quick. A cash sale here would save me a few hundred too, so win-win

5500 takes it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,443 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

hitemfrank wrote: »
    That sucks.

What types and colour of straps were you getting?

Khaki and Green sailcloth, 22mm

Amazon have them but only 21mm

Would the size difference look stupid ?

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,849 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

5500 takes it

FML... that's been my grail for a few years now.
    Out of reach in the present climate.
    Good luck with sale Unkel

• Advertisement

sparrowcar wrote: »
    FML... that's been my grail for a few years now.
    Out of reach in the present climate.
    Good luck with sale Unkel

If I do a deal with the seller of the other Rolex, he will put my watch straight back up for sale. No chance you'd get it for that sort of money off him though, but it would probably give you some time to gather up some more cash

The last 214270 on adverts went for 5800 in a private sale I think it was in April

Advertisement