Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling, Swapping or Wanted Watches & Timepieces *Please read rules in 1st post**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,483 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I'd aim for €2600 (very good deal) to €3000 (ok deal) second hand, box, papers, big box hesalite version

• Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭scwazrh

unkel wrote: »
    I'd aim for €2600 (very good deal) to €3000 (ok deal) second hand, box, papers, big box hesalite version

Yes that’s the price range I had in mind for 2nd hand , there’s a nice one on adverts but he’s looking for over €3k which seems to much . If I can get 20% in lunns that would be €3520 for new from AD so definitely the way to go . I suppose that’s a big IF though

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭893bet

scwazrh wrote: »
    Yes that’s the price range I had in mind for 2nd hand , there’s a nice one on adverts but he’s looking for over €3k which seems to much . If I can get 20% in lunns that would be €3520 for new from AD so definitely the way to go . I suppose that’s a big IF though

I would take a second hand one. Good chance you won’t keep. They are easy move on for what you paid. There is no AD experience and the papers with your name on it will be crammed into the attic.

893bet wrote: »
    I would take a second hand one. Good chance you won’t keep. They are easy move on for what you paid. There is no AD experience and the papers with your name on it will be crammed into the attic.

What is it that make people move them on so much

What is it that make people move them on so much

Lots do keep I am sure but they are so easy get and so easy sell on that’s what happens.

Plus they are a “gateway” watch. Often the first big watch purchase that starts the obsession.

• Advertisement

You should 20 percent off new from RRP.

I have two suggestions.

1) Reg on TZ-UK and I will keep an eye out for one on Sales corner and let you know who is selling one and you can engage with them via Private message. They pop up every week nearly.

2) Ring Lunns in Belfast and get your 20 percent off there and the better exchange rate and **** Weirs.

Cheers , I’m on tz but not enough posts for sales corners . Same user name if you see anything come up on the sales, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,743 ✭✭✭micks_address

Cheers , I’m on tz but not enough posts for sales corners . Same user name if you see anything come up on the sales, thanks

In same boat but you can actually pm a member about a watch and I have bought that way. Sales there seem to be pm driven anyway

Watch box winder case with space for 4 watches on the winders and another 6 watches in the bottom tray, so 10 watches in total

Brand new, very decent build quality, but not working, although the supplied 3V power supply does what it says on the tin, I've measured the output with a multimeter

I have a new one on the way, any reasonable offer will take this one, but you have to collect it from me in Lucan

520551.jpg

Rang lunns today to check stock and price of speed master .Was told one available and no negotiation possible on price .Similar to the response from Weirs on Saturday .
    Granted may get a better response stood at the counter but it appears the 20% and more discount days are over

it appears the 20% and more discount days are over

I wouldn't just assume that. Any salesperson worth their salt will not give you any discount if they sense they can sell it to you at full price. Not saying that's what happened here, but it could be a standard phone reply

Omegas have shot up in RRP over the last what maybe 5-10 years, to frankly mostly ludicrous levels. Base model Seamaster 300M auto, now €5k. C'mon that is crazy. Pay that and you will have lost over €1,500 as soon as you walk out the door.

Linky

• Advertisement

Every outlet across the UK was doing 20 percent off speedmaster online during the shutdown.

I would buy second hand personally.

I wouldn't just assume that. Any salesperson worth their salt will not give you any discount if they sense they can sell it to you at full price. Not saying that's what happened here, but it could be a standard phone reply

Hopefully it is achievable, I told them I would pay by Card over the phone straight away If they did it at 3500 sterling but they just repeated no negotiation available on omega .

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Johnny1980

Every outlet across the UK was doing 20 percent off speedmaster online during the shutdown.

I would buy second hand personally.

Have to agree , I had two of them and ended up selling them both . Excellent watch but never happy with it on the bracelet. There is a guy on adverts selling one of the Seamaster 1957 trilogy’s . I have one and can honestly say it’s a superb watch . Much better value than the speedie in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭redlead

Lots do keep I am sure but they are so easy get and so easy sell on that’s what happens.

Plus they are a “gateway” watch. Often the first big watch purchase that starts the obsession.

This and I think it's in that category of watch that "everyone has to have in their collection", kind of like a rolex sub except obtainable and affordable, so a lot of people get them only to realise that they don't really love it. I fell into this trap last week (albeit on a very cheap watch) when I got a casioak. "Everyone has to have a gshock in their collection" etc but I had it up on ebay 20 mins after it arrived. As much as I want to like them, I just don't and know I'd never wear it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭redlead

very decent build quality, but not working, ]

I have to admit, that gave me a giggle :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 16,803 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Hopefully it is achievable, I told them I would pay by Card over the phone straight away If they did it at 3500 sterling but they just repeated no negotiation available on omega .

https://www.heptinstalls.co.uk/product/omega-speedmaster-moonwatch-professional-chronograph-42mm-311-33-42-30-01-001/

@Scwarzh, saw this and thought of you mate.
    Might give you leverage at least when chasing a discount.

banie01 wrote: »
    https://www.heptinstalls.co.uk/product/omega-speedmaster-moonwatch-professional-chronograph-42mm-311-33-42-30-01-001/

Thanks for that !

banie01 wrote: »

Or else just buy it above! No chance Weirs will match it. The warranty is valid in ever AD after.

Or else just buy it above! No chance Weirs will match it. The warranty is valid in ever AD after.

There’s a post on tz uk about the jewellers , they are not taking any more orders until Omegas price increase is complete

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

I've got a Omega Speedmaster Reduced without a box or papers. As I'm a newbie, I'm wondering where you would advise that I sell it and for what sort of price.

One issue is that I'm not sure if I have any spare links and I know my wrist is fairly small. Any advice would be much appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

Would there be any interest here in my DJ36? Its a year old and is a full set. I've the BLNR now and have my eye on another blue dial watch, so this would have to go first.

dRKAZv.md.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,743 ✭✭✭micks_address

I've got a Omega Speedmaster Reduced without a box or papers. As I'm a newbie, I'm wondering where you would advise that I sell it and for what sort of price.

One issue is that I'm not sure if I have any spare links and I know my wrist is fairly small. Any advice would be much appreciated.

I'm sure others will offer advice but I'd have thought about 1500 euro ball park.

Time wrote: »
    Would there be any interest here in my DJ36? Its a year old and is a full set.

Timeless classic. Stick it on adverts. Rolex seem to command higher prices here in Ireland than the cheaper ones on chrono24, which will help you :)

What's the other blue face watch you are eyeing up?

Timeless classic. Stick it on adverts. Rolex seem to command higher prices here in Ireland than the cheaper ones on chrono24, which will help you :)

What's the other blue face watch you are eyeing up?

An AP Royal Oak Dual Time

audemars-piguet-royal-oak-dual-time-power-reserve-mens-watch-26120stoo1220st02-26120stoo1220st02.jpg

or the Chronograph

f_3197.jpg

My DJ up on adverts here. I've more room for negotiation for the users here than on adverts so feel free to drop me a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,121 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

An AP Royal Oak Dual Time

or the Chronograph

Are these available anywhere without paying a ridiculous premium ? Aps are crazy expensive now it seems.

Cyrus wrote: »
    Are these available anywhere without paying a ridiculous premium ? Aps are crazy expensive now it seems.

Nope unfortunately not, although surprisingly those models are actually cheaper than the plain royal oak in a lot of cases.

My DJ up on adverts here. I've more room for negotiation for the users here than on adverts so feel free to drop me a PM.
    Is this watch sold

Hello all,

Putting the feelers out here , I am thinking about selling my Omega Seamaster 300 1957 trilogy edition . Full set and like new . Looking to recoup majority of what I paid and it was purchased in UK AD April 2018

Would be expecting 5k and no less . Please let me know if interested

• Advertisement

Johnny1980 wrote: »
    Is this watch sold

It looks like he traded it in with Thomaskutty (a dealer) who has it up for sale now

Edit, looks like he already sold it

Linky

Advertisement