Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling, Swapping or Wanted Watches & Timepieces *Please read rules in 1st post**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

I hate visiting this thread! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lardy

Hi all,

I've decided to move on the 1977 Military Timex. It just gets no use at all and someone else may appreciate it. It comes on a new Bond NATO strap.

http://www.adverts.ie/vintage/1977-military-timex/7147904?notification=a37fbd616a6f83b852bd52ba4aa2285b-1420422301

IMG_0086_zpse860db03.jpg

Also selling a new Zulu leather NATO strap. Only warn twice but it doesn't suit me...

IMG_0084_zps2f2cdd39.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Mredsnapper

Hi, what's the lug width and price for the nato?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Lardy

Hi, what's the lug width and price for the nato?
    Sorry, I should have said that... It's 22mm and €12 + postage.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,422 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Hi
    Hi All

Its my 50th birthday this year and herself has told me that I can buy watch up to 5K (woohoo) and am thinking hard and could get two crackers for it

So, her rule is easy...2 in, then 2 out

So as not to risk losing the offer, I am putting up 2 watches for sale

1st is my Tissot Visodate. Bought it from member 893bet last month.

Am looking for what I paid €300 which I feel is great for this watch

2nd is my Precista PRS-20 LE Mod - number 30/100

am looking for €550 what is exactly what I paid.

The mod is a new push/pull crown and new gold hands

comes with 3 straps and a two watch travel case and the original hands in case you want to change them, its 44mm diameter and 11mm high

The watches and I are in Dublin and price includes tracked shipping. Paypal net to me or BT

DSC00176_zps2d91070b.jpgDSC00173_zps492be02f.jpg
    DSC00167_zpse3a5a7ac.jpgDSC00169_zpsae6ce97e.jpgIMG_0528_zps46e20beb.jpg

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,942 ✭✭✭893bet

Flipperitis

So what two watches you have in your head?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Eoin wrote: »
    Now on adverts, so please use there instead if you're interested.
    http://www.adverts.ie/7060751

Obris Morgan sold (first international deal for me on adverts!).

Tissot Sold

893bet wrote: »
    Flipperitis

So what two watches you have in your head?

Am really needing to get a Speedy, could get a moon for about 2.5K (used) and thought maybe a Broadarrow as well or take what I am selling add it and try to get a IWC Portugeuse

Tissot Sold

Set the price a little low on tz I thought. But a sale is a sale with no faffin

• Advertisement

Am really needing to get a Speedy, could get a moon for about 2.5K (used) and thought maybe a Broadarrow as well or take what I am selling add it and try to get a IWC Portugeuse

Iwc on adverts at min!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,150 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Hi
    Hi All

Its my 50th birthday this year and herself has told me that I can buy watch up to 5K (woohoo) and am thinking hard and could get two crackers for it
    5K? ooooh my gaaawd. I think I've wet myself. Ohh the vintage stuff I would look for with that budget. I'd be reckoning three crackers and high end ones too(inc an Omega Speedy with the "right" moon movement). Let me digest that for a bit... I'm also seeing a 1940's Hanhart in the mix.
    So, her rule is easy...2 in, then 2 out
    Very clued in on her part. Clearly you've unreal luck and taste in partners. Defo a keeper. :)

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭mickc

Tissot Sold

Out of curiosity why the price diff on tz and here?

£200 is approx €255 according to XE and many here (myself included) would have probably snapped it up at that price imo

yep, but one went for 175 last week... and you know TZ..they would be pointing that out every day

and according to the chap who made the mods on the PRS-20, this is the only one in the world.....

yep, but one went for 175 last week... and you know TZ..they would be pointing that out every day

That was ridiculously cheap though. 3 have moved for 220-250 in the last 6 months or so as well.

I see a nice broad arrow on TZ....

That was ridiculously cheap though. 3 have moved for 220-250 in the last 6 months or so as well.

I see a nice broad arrow on TZ....

yep..seen it....Lovely..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

sparrowcar wrote: »
    Happy New Year all, wishing you all the best in 2015

Selling my recently acquired Sinn 657s. Need to fund a possible move on a mini-grail I've been after for years.

Special price for any of the boardsie gang ;)

http://www.adverts.ie/casual/sinn-657s-watch/7126734

3B2316B8A3D84C528D3F7C238CB6E4C8-0000345144-0003703044-00800L-037EFB6DB1B744EBB038836A11E21FCB.jpg

Price drop on adverts. Very special price for a boardsie :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

Price drop on adverts. Very special price for a boardsie :)

What wrist size is the rubber strap cut for?

What wrist size is the rubber strap cut for?

Approx 7.25" :)

Approx 7.25" :)

Crap, too small for me!

• Advertisement

and according to the chap who made the mods on the PRS-20, this is the only one in the world.....

Is it off the market so for good?

Is it off the market so for good?

not quite...am still in two minds.

Thankfully for my wallet you didn't respond last night as I had a Guinness moment where I decided I wanted it! I think you will regret selling it.

Hesitant even posting this here as I doubt there'll be a queue for it - but anyway, I've learnt all I need to about the Pebble Steel SmartWatch, so here it is for sale: http://www.adverts.ie/7195720

Thankfully for my wallet you didn't respond last night as I had a Guinness moment where I decided I wanted it! I think you will regret selling it.

let me know when you are next planning a Guinness Moment and will keep alert:)

Eoin wrote: »
    Hesitant even posting this here as I doubt there'll be a queue for it - but anyway, I've learnt all I need to about the Pebble Steel SmartWatch, so here it is for sale: http://www.adverts.ie/7195720

Sold already.

Thank god Eoin has beat me to the Sinn, it was still tempting me even though I knew I'd have to buy a new strap for it!

Thank god Eoin has beat me to the Sinn, it was still tempting me even though I knew I'd have to buy a new strap for it!

It is a lovery watch and actually a great brand. In doing some research recently I found out that one of the guys that took Sinn from a small bespoke business to a large watch manufacturer was very influential in development at IWC and A. Lange & Söhne back in the 80's & 90's.

It is a lovery watch and actually a great brand. In doing some research recently I found out that one of the guys that took Sinn from a small bespoke business to a large watch manufacturer was very influential in development at IWC and A. Lange & Söhne back in the 80's & 90's.

I've been after an 856 UTC for the best part of a year now and have pretty much given up on finding one at a decent price. I'm starting to come round to less is more with them and wouldn't mind one with just the Arabic numbers and nothing else on the dial.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Mredsnapper

I've been after an 856 UTC for the best part of a year now and have pretty much given up on finding one at a decent price. I'm starting to come round to less is more with them and wouldn't mind one with just the Arabic numbers and nothing else on the dial.

I love them too. But I especially love the simplicity of the quarter Arabic dial and a 565 would do me fine.

Advertisement