Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phd diet whey and CLA tablets

• 10-06-2014 8:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 182 ✭✭

Hello,

So I started taken PHD diet whet and I am just wondering should I been taking it every day or just the days I am exercising at the gym?

The instructions on the box say to take daily 2-3 times and I am currently attending the gym 3 days a week for 1 - 1.5 hours.

I also got CLA tables with it as they where only an extra 10 euro. Has everyone ever used them? Should I be taking these with 3 times a day as well as the protein shakes? Any help would be great.

http://www.fitnessireland.ie/PhD-Diet-Whey-%5B2kg%5D-cla-90-caps-shaker?search=phd

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

stenan wrote: »
    Hello,

So I started taken PHD diet whet and I am just wondering should I been taking it every day or just the days I am exercising at the gym?

The instructions on the box say to take daily 2-3 times and I am currently attending the gym 3 days a week for 1 - 1.5 hours.

How much protein are you getting in your diet already? Age, height, weight?

No idea about the CLA. I generally don't trust "fat burning" pills anyway. They're basically magic beans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 182 ✭✭stenan

Blacktie. wrote: »
    How much protein are you getting in your diet already? Age, height, weight?

No idea about the CLA. I generally don't trust "fat burning" pills anyway. They're basically magic beans.

Not sure how much protein is in my diet. I was talking to my gym and they recommended to only take it after I work out. So ill stick with that I think. Thanks for the post though :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,509 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

stenan wrote: »
    Not sure how much protein is in my diet. I was talking to my gym and they recommended to only take it after I work out. So ill stick with that I think. Thanks for the post though :D

When you take it is largely irrelevant. Total consumption is what matters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Serbian

There's no hard and fast rules for protein consumption. Of course the box says to use the shake 2 - 3 times daily; you'll fly through it and need to buy more in no time, which is great for protein sales. I only use protein shakes on the days that I work out, I mix them with water and take them after my gym session. However, I'm looking to cut body fat rather than bulk up.

If you're looking to build muscle, make sure you're getting enough protein (the recommended amount varies, but I've generally gone with 1.5g of protein per 1lb of bodyweight). This can come from any protein source — don't feel like you have to use shakes for this. On training days, I'd say take the shake within an hour of your workout (the logic being that water will help the protein get to your muscles faster). On non-training days, you can take it with milk as a meal replacement (assuming 500ml of milk, plus two scoops of Phd Diet Whey, works our around 500 calories).

Be careful of CLAs too. There's some evidence that they work, but there's also some evidence that they can have bad side effects ("leakage" from your posterior, diabetes). Google them and make sure you read everything you can about them before making your own mind up about whether they're safe or not. I'd recommend not taking more than 4g a day, and take a break after three months if you do decide to start taking them.

Advertisement