If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a TV

Options
  • 10-06-2014 8:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I'm looking to get a new TV in the with a budget of €350-500. I'm looking for the following specs:

- full HD
    - saorview/freeview
    - Min 40 inch
    - USB/SD card slot that reads most files

Just wondering if you would have anything in this range.

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Hi there,

I'm looking to get a new TV in the with a budget of €350-500. I'm looking for the following specs:

- full HD
    - saorview/freeview
    - Min 40 inch

Thanks
    Phoenix,

many thanks for the post and apologies for the delay getting back to you - we have quite a range of large screen TV available in that range - the first one is actually breaking your guidelines a little but is really well worth a look - its the Toshiba 39L4357 ( ok, ok I know its a 39" not a 40" :o) but it really does tick every box, its MPEG4 for Saorview, Full HD, it also has wifi built in and apps including Netflix - in connection terms it has USB and 4 HDMI - at £319.95 / €399.99 its a bit of a deal.

Moving to 40" we have another Tosh the 40L1333 at just £279.95 / €359.99 - its not a smart TV this time but it does have twin USB inputs and 3 HDMI  and of course its full HD as well: http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/toshiba/40l1333db/tosh-40l1333db

If you go to the major brands we have the Sony KDL40R483 at £399.95 / €499.99 http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/sony/bravia-kdl40r483bbu/sony-kdl40r483bbu again it ticks all your boxes and is an excellent TV for under €500.

If you want something a bit more radical we can actually do a quality branded 46" just on budget with the Sharp LC46LD266 at just £399.95 / €509.99 http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/sharp/lc46ld266/shar-lc46ld266 we are expecting these in within the next couple of days but only in limited quantities.

Thanks again for the post and do drop us a line if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭stantheman8

"the Toshiba 39L4357 ( ok, ok I know its a 39" not a 40" :o) but it really does tick every box, its MPEG4 for Saorview, Full HD, it also has wifi built in and apps including Netflix - in connection terms it has USB and 4 HDMI - at £319.95 / €399.99 its a bit of a deal."
    Hey John.

I'm in the market for a value TV with similar criteria to Phoenix.
    The Toshiba mentioned above sounds interesting.

Can you tell me if I can use the Cambridge Minx Air 200 (that I recently got from you guys :-) ) as an audio output device with this TV? 
    If not, what other options are available to me? 

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Hi there,

- full HD
    - saorview/freeview
    - Min 40 inch

Thanks
    Phoenix,

many thanks for the post and apologies for the delay getting back to you - we have quite a range of large screen TV available in that range - the first one is actually breaking your guidelines a little but is really well worth a look - its the Toshiba 39L4357 ( ok, ok I know its a 39" not a 40" :o) but it really does tick every box, its MPEG4 for Saorview, Full HD, it also has wifi built in and apps including Netflix - in connection terms it has USB and 4 HDMI - at £319.95 / €399.99 its a bit of a deal.

Moving to 40" we have another Tosh the 40L1333 at just £279.95 / €359.99 - its not a smart TV this time but it does have twin USB inputs and 3 HDMI  and of course its full HD as well:

If you go to the major brands we have the Sony KDL40R483 at £399.95 / €499.99  again it ticks all your boxes and is an excellent TV for under €500.

If you want something a bit more radical we can actually do a quality branded 46" just on budget with the Sharp LC46LD266 at just £399.95 / €509.99  we are expecting these in within the next couple of days but only in limited quantities.

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 
    Thanks for the info John, just wondering if you would have any 42 inches within the 500 euro budget either?

Many thanks,

James

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi there,

- full HD
    - saorview/freeview
    - Min 40 inch

Thanks
    Phoenix,

Moving to 40" we have another Tosh the 40L1333 at just £279.95 / €359.99 - its not a smart TV this time but it does have twin USB inputs and 3 HDMI  and of course its full HD as well:

If you go to the major brands we have the Sony KDL40R483 at £399.95 / €499.99  again it ticks all your boxes and is an excellent TV for under €500.

If you want something a bit more radical we can actually do a quality branded 46" just on budget with the Sharp LC46LD266 at just £399.95 / €509.99  we are expecting these in within the next couple of days but only in limited quantities.

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 
    Thanks for the info John, just wondering if you would have any 42 inches within the 500 euro budget either?

Many thanks,

James
    Hi James.

You could have a look at the following:

LG 42LB550V priced at £379.00 / 473.99 Euro
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/lg/42lb550v/lg-42lb550v

LG 42LB580V priced at £439.95 / 549.99 Euro (a little over budget)
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/lg/42lb580v/lg-42lb580v

Do you have any specs that you are looking for within the TV?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.