Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Steam Summer Sale 2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭gazzamc

Links234 wrote: »
    I do this with FTL, because I think, hey I got 20 minutes before I have to do something, I can start that up real fast. And what do you know, I've played FTL more than any other game! :p

Thanks for the advice ;)

I want to try finish off Bioshock 1 as I actually started it.

Ah FTL lol I've lost so much time in that game.. Great time killer...

Oh I love Bioshock, I've yet to play the new one but the first two are great (I prefer the first one)..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭MacBizzle

gazzamc wrote: »
    Start with Alan Wake and TWD.. You'll get them done within a day.. Both are short but great story wise.. Alan wake is like a TV show.. Very cool.

TWD would take you a good 12 hours, unless you literally do nothing but play it on one sitting you won't get it done in a day...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is 7 days to die any good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

MacBizzle wrote: »
    TWD would take you a good 12 hours, unless you literally do nothing but play it on one sitting you won't get it done in a day...

A couple of years ago I would take you up on that challenge! :p bottle of coke, some munchies and stay up all night playing :D Not so much these days

Yea It's about 2 hrs per ep.. (the last episode is even shorter)... That is what I meant :D one sitting no other way to play it lol

When I first played it I did it as the eps came out.. Much better playing them back to back (at least for me)..

Then again if I enjoy a game ill play to the end in one sitting (other than RPGs lol)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Yeti Beast

Yea It's about 2 hrs per ep.. (the last episode is even shorter)... That is what I meant :D one sitting no other way to play it lol

When I first played it I did it as the eps came out.. Much better playing them back to back (at least for me)..

Yeah, waiting on new episodes isn't fun. I'm looking at YOU, Valve.

I thought they started to drag towards the end, I only got to the second last one and never went back to it :p

I thought they started to drag towards the end, I only got to the second last one and never went back to it :p

It kind of did.. The last ep was the best (for me) It was shorter than the rest but was heart wrenching..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Right lads. Whats the deal with the cards/teams/badges etc? I never ever understood this craic.

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Right lads. Whats the deal with the cards/teams/badges etc? I never ever understood this craic.

They've gamified buying games essentially.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,337 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Kingdom of Amalur; I recall thinking of buying this earlier so anyone got any experience with it?

They've gamified buying games essentially.

Right but I mean. Give me a 101 on it. Plz :pac: I need an adult

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Nody wrote: »
    Kingdom of Amalur; I recall thinking of buying this earlier so anyone got any experience with it?

I played it when it was released, and really enjoyed it. Was a while ago, and can't remember too much about it, but the game is bloody massive, with an insane amount of quests. Combat was enjoyable as well. Would keep you busy for a while if you enjoy it.

Picked it up myself, along with The Wolf Among Us. I might get the Borderlands 2 season pass and Metro Complete Collection.

Just grabbed lone survivor, it's been on my wish list for a while... Green team won but I didn't get free games lol my luck is **** lol

Ah well got 2 cards so almost have another badge..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,337 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Picked up Kingdom of Amalur for later (busy atm with Farcry 3); sadly no Borderlands 2 for me this sale (still to high for the GoTY edition considering when I would be playing it).
    Just grabbed lone survivor, it's been on my wish list for a while... Green team won but I didn't get free games lol my luck is **** lol
    Well I'd guess at least 100k people per team if not a couple of times that number so chances of winning the games are really really low. Also looks like Pink is going to be the new daily winner but still early to tell.

Really want Sleeping Dogs, but there's a "HD remake" on the way. Think I'll leave it for now.

Am I right in thinking that most of the DLC for Tomb Raider is useless pap?

If any of ye are interested in strategy games and are a complete cheapskate, Stronghold HD (a castle-building game) is only €1.31 atm, looks like good fun :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Also looks like Pink is going to be the new daily winner but still early to tell.

Goddamned purples and greens are trying to take it from us! They've had their turn!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,383 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Raphael wrote: »
    Are you allowed to Trade without SteamGuard? I can buy a cheap badge worth of cards and fire them over to you in exchange for a Summer Sale card or two. Then you can craft them and be in with a chance at the free games, plus two Summer sale cards. Everybody wins.

Thanks for the offer anyway.
    From their FAQ
    We require Steam Guard to be enabled for 15 days to help protect your items and Steam Wallet funds from being misused by someone who may have illicitly obtained your password. If you have not had Steam Guard enabled for 15 days, you will be unable to trade or use the market. Accounts that currently have Steam Guard disabled will be unable to trade.

They're happy to take my money for games though

Yeti Beast wrote: »
    Really want Sleeping Dogs, but there's a "HD remake" on the way. Think I'll leave it for now.

Am I right in thinking that most of the DLC for Tomb Raider is useless pap?

HD remake? It's already HD lol

Yea all DLC for Tomb Raider is useless..

• Advertisement

If any of ye are interested in strategy games and are a complete cheapskate, Stronghold HD (a castle-building game) is only €1.31 atm, looks like good fun :)

Pfft, only 66% off. Gonna wait for daily or flash, I ain't paying that. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,927 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

They're trying to cut off my balls. Planetary Annhihilation the lowest I've ever seen it. Skyrim Legendary for $13.50. Those bastards.

Pfft, only 66% off. Gonna wait for daily or flash, I ain't paying that. :pac:

Are you from Cavan by any chance? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭thegame983

humble weekly bundle https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

HD remake? It's already HD lol

Yea all DLC for Tomb Raider is useless..

Hence the inverted commas - basically re-doing it for PS4, XB1 and PC.

So I should skip Tomb of the Lost Adventurer as well?

thegame983 wrote: »

There you go Links!!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭shaneb92

im sooooooooooooooo tempted to get Planetary Annihilation..anyone play this?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Hence the inverted commas - basically re-doing it for PS4, XB1 and PC.

Pretty sure they are not doing it for pc. There is already a free high quality texture pack DLC on the steam store anyway.

Are you from Cavan by any chance? :pac:

No, Galway, but I'm being sarcastic :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭nix

bah south park only 33% off, ill wait till next sale then so... :(

Now is Tomb raider worth the fiver? hard to justify it, just bought a Wii U and over 10 games to plow through :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,846 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Picked up batman origins and I have to say the multiplayer is a blast!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

nix wrote: »
    bah south park only 33% off, ill wait till next sale then so... :(

Now is Tomb raider worth the fiver? hard to justify it, just bought a Wii U and over 10 games to plow through :D

Absolutely worth a fiver (and even more than that) its a very enjoyable game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,383 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So I should skip Tomb of the Lost Adventurer as well?

I was looking at that as well so googled a walkthrough video to see how much playtime roughly is involved. Between 5 and 10 mins.
    Then again, it's only 61c.

I think it is worth a fiver. I got it for 15 and was happy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭abbir

I bought it at launch. Was worth it then. Really enjoyed the game.

Now is Tomb raider worth the fiver?

I loved it and I wasn't even a fan of the Tomb Raider games, so I'd say yes ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

Tomb Raider is excellent, great value for a fiver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Finally, a reasonable price for planetary annihilation!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,801 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

About time I completed my Borderlands 2 DLC collection.

Tinie wrote: »
    Pretty sure they are not doing it for pc. There is already a free high quality texture pack DLC on the steam store anyway.

The story broke when an online store (think it was ShopTo) listed it as coming soon to all three formats. Either way, my urge to buy it has passed. I'll pick up Tomb Raider and leave Sleeping Dogs for the Christmas sale.

Sleeping Dogs with the High Resolution Texture pack looks great on PC already. Don't know what the "HD" version is going to add.

• Advertisement

Project Zomboid is really good fun if anyone is thinking of picking that up on one of the sales.

Metro: Last Light is one hell of a good game, downright pants-****tingly scary too, I'm too frightened to go back to it :pac:

Steam regional differences can be really annoying sometimes. Was think of getting Borderlands 2 for a friend - €7.49 here but $4.99 in the US. So even worse than the usual $1=€1 rate. Amazon.com will probably pricematch the $4.99 version, so if anyone else is thinking of buying it, I'd wait for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Finally got war for cybertron.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭shaneb92

Anyone know if you need to be online to play Planetary Annihilation in single player?

I have war for cyber on my wish list but if the gameplay is basically the same as Fall, then I don't see the need to buy that experience for $15. Walk here shoot this collect pickups listen to story. Gameplay wasn't varied enough to keep it from feeling boring by the end

abbir wrote: »
    Steam regional differences can be really annoying sometimes. Was think of getting Borderlands 2 for a friend - €7.49 here but $4.99 in the US. So even worse than the usual $1=€1 rate. Amazon.com will probably pricematch the $4.99 version, so if anyone else is thinking of buying it, I'd wait for that.

Oh well hell yeah you just reminded me I have $55 in amazon vouchers because of a focus group I participated in. Yay!

Overheal wrote: »
    I have war for cyber on my wish list but if the gameplay is basically the same as Fall, then I don't see the need to buy that experience for $15. Walk here shoot this collect pickups listen to story. Gameplay wasn't varied enough to keep it from feeling boring by the end

I felt the same, Was looking forward to Fall for ages and when I my 360 died and I had to get another one I went for the offer with Fall in it. Think I put about 8 hours in and then just decided enough was enough. Keep meaning to go back and finish it but by christ did it grow repetitive and not even in the fun way some games manage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,846 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Finally got war for cybertron.

me too! Bloody steam! I just took metal gear rising back out of my shopping cart, then put it back in and then just left it there without buying it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭nix

Tomb raider purchased! :pac:

Now just to finish wind waker, arkham city and tomb raider by Tuesday..

On last dungeon in WW, be grand..

:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement