Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Steam Summer Sale 2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

ionapaul wrote: »
    Any reason not to get this package: http://store.steampowered.com/sub/43401/

Both games look like fun, plus I love having local co-op games to tempt my wife into sharing my favourite hobby! (rarely works unfortunately)

Fancy going splits on the battleblock theater two pack? Save nearly a quid on the single a purchase!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭gazzamc

Ri_Nollaig wrote: »
    ah, have you tried "activating a product on origin" using the key from steam? If you wanted to that is, it will [should] put all the mass effects games than in one place.
    Saying that, I doubt it makes a difference, surely both will work just fine, manually copy the save game file to wherever origin expected to find it if not.

One thing to note though, the fecking DLC NEVER goes on sale! If you wanted to get all the DLC for mass effect 2 and 3 it will cost you as much as it would have cost to get both games when they were new! Really annoying... you need to get 'bioware points' or some such shíte.

Nope it's around €150 for all DLC.. Much more than the base games.. There are ways of playin the DLC with steam version (if you know what I mean ;))

I wouldn't try it with origin though.. EA are sneaky.. I believe the game saves are in the same place for both versions (Documents folder)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

wyrn wrote: »
    Dammit! When I saw ME Collection I thought there might have been some DLC. I should have known. I have ME 1&2 on Steam and 3 on Origin. Am tempted to get 1&2 for Origin and restart the whole thing over. My character never properly transferred over. Then again I do have 1-3 on XBOX with no DLC.

The character transfer should be independent of Steam and Origin since they both use the same folders to store your save games.

Also, Origin will probably let you register your Steam Mass Effect games on your Origin account. Mass Effect 2 should just work by typing the serial number you got with it. Mass Effect 1, you'll need to find the serial number and contact Origin support (who are actually pretty good, unlike other digital distributors).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭wyrn

gazzamc wrote: »
    You can register ME 1&2 on origin with the cd keys.. No need to re-buy them..
    Ri_Nollaig wrote: »
    ah, have you tried "activating a product on origin" using the key from steam? If you wanted to that is, it will [should] put all the mass effects games than in one place.
    Saying that, I doubt it makes a difference, surely both will work just fine, manually copy the save game file to wherever origin expected to find it if not.

One thing to note though, the fecking DLC NEVER goes on sale! If you wanted to get all the DLC for mass effect 2 and 3 it will cost you as much as it would have cost to get both games when they were new! Really annoying... you need to get 'bioware points' or some such shíte.
    abbir wrote: »
    The character transfer should be independent of Steam and Origin since they both use the same folders to store your save games.

Also, Origin will probably let you register your Steam Mass Effect games on your Origin account. Mass Effect 2 should just work by typing the serial number you got with it. Mass Effect 1, you'll need to find the serial number and contact Origin support (who are actually pretty good, unlike other digital distributors).
    What is this magic of which you speak? I did not know this. How did I not notice this before.

Cheers :D

I was about to try but Origin needs to be updated, again. It's a toss up between it and TF2 for updates.

oh and no, my character didn't transfer over. She looked like she transported with something from a parallel universe and came out all mutated. It wasn't pretty. I tried to manually fix her but gave up & spent all of ME3 peeved off. Haven't replayed it since the first time. It was too raw and I get too emotional attached to characters. Except Kaiden and Ashley, oh how I wanted to vent the pair of them into deep reaper space.

Yeti Beast wrote: »
    Most of the stuff left on my wishlist is fairly new, so I don't expect them to be receiving any brilliant discounts before sale's end. So I'll be leaving them for another time.

However, I do still hope to see 75% off the Orcs Must Die pack, STALKER games and Dishonored. I'll pick up Singularity last day too, assuming it won't be discounted any further than the 75% reduction it has now.

Christ, when you list it out like that, it seems like loads. :o

I've been waitin for the stalker games to go on sale for so long now.. They never seem to apart from clear sky... The collection is on gamersgate for €24 (steam redeemable) it was €16 a few months back... I missed the deal when it was $10 for all 3 by a day.. Sickened.. I'm sure it will happen again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

I did this last year, but I strongly recommend 'To The Moon'. Currently priced at €2.39 and it's a wonderful story that will bring eye sweat, just blame it on the hayfever.

wyrn wrote: »
    oh and no, my character didn't transfer over. She looked like she transported with something from a parallel universe and came out all mutated. It wasn't pretty. I tried to manually fix her but gave up & spent all of ME3 peeved off.

I think that got fixed in a later patch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Falthyron wrote: »
    I did this last year, but I strongly recommend 'To The Moon'. Currently priced at €2.39 and it's a wonderful story that will bring eye sweat, just blame it on the hayfever.

Best expression ever. You win an interweb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

When is the sale on until? I'm broke as a mutha ****ing joke until Thursday at earliest. I didn't anticipate the sale. It just sneaks up on ya, ya know :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Timmyctc wrote: »
    When is the sale on until? I'm broke as a mutha ****ing joke until Thursday at earliest. I didn't anticipate the sale. It just sneaks up on ya, ya know :(

Until the 30th

• Advertisement

The dates been leaked for months (since before the winter sale).. On till the 30th so you should be fine.. The encore will bring back most flash deals.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Falthyron wrote: »

Great game but note it's $1.99 on gog (thats dollars not euros) right now. Just saying. For the true penny pinchers. Steam get plenty of my cash but these days if it's a toss between the two gog wins every time for a variety of reasons. That dollar sign being a big one.

mewso wrote: »
    Great game but note it's $1.99 on gog (thats dollars not euros) right now. Just saying. For the true penny pinchers. Steam get plenty of my cash but these days if it's a toss between the two gog wins every time for a variety of reasons. That dollar sign being a big one.

Well if you really wanted it on steam you could go the amazon route when they price match.. Works out better for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

gazzamc wrote: »
    Well if you really wanted it on steam you could go the amazon route when they price match.. Works out better for us.

Pretty sure Don't Starve was like $3 on Amazon a couple of days ago but it's back up to $8 or so now. Anywhere else have it for $3 cheap?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Pretty sure Don't Starve was like $3 on Amazon a couple of days ago but it's back up to $8 or so now. Anywhere else have it for $3 cheap?

http://isthereanydeal.com/#/page:game/info?plain=dontstarve

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Keep an eye on Amazon. A lot of the Steam deals are repeated throughout the sale week so if it drops again on Steam it might drop again on Amazon as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

If Castlecrashers wins the vote I think I may have 9 copies of it to giveaway for free.. So fingers crossed...

If Castlecrashers wins the vote I think I may have 9 copies of it to giveaway for free.. So fingers crossed...

Yeah I'm hoping it does. €1.20 is a steal even if I do have it on Xbox! :p

Yeah I'm hoping it does. €1.20 is a steal even if I do have it on Xbox! :p

Yeah it's a bargain.. I already own it but will be stocking it for trading/selling hopefully.. Battleblock Theatre is also an awesome game... I wish my laptop didn't break now :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

Are you Santa Claus?

Mr Bloat wrote: »
    Are you Santa Claus?

Only during sales like this :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

So, unbeknownst to myself, seems like this sale is actually catching me. Didn't realise i'd bought all these so far:

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines
    Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee and Exoddue package
    Call of Juarez: Gunslinger
    Oblivion GOTY Deluxe
    Skyrim Legendary
    Sleeping Dogs
    Brutal Legend
    Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Crazy thing is that i've already bought all but 2 of those games previously on console...

So, ah, how long is left in this sale?

Not bought anything from Steam in the sale yet. Bought from Amazon Wolf Among Us and also Age of Empires 2 HD (there was a misprice :) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭MacBizzle

So, unbeknownst to myself, seems like this sale is actually catching me. Didn't realise i'd bought all these so far:

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines
    Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee and Exoddue package
    Call of Juarez: Gunslinger
    Oblivion GOTY Deluxe
    Skyrim Legendary
    Sleeping Dogs
    Brutal Legend
    Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Crazy thing is that i've already bought all but 2 of those games previously on console...

So, ah, how long is left in this sale?

Was Oblivion on a flash sale at some point? A tenner seems steep, the GOTY edition is a fiver for PC in my local GameStop.

abbir wrote: »
    Not bought anything from Steam in the sale yet. Bought from Amazon Wolf Among Us and also Age of Empires 2 HD (there was a misprice :) )

Even though I only played maybe 45 mins of Wolf Among Us I absolutely loved it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

MacBizzle wrote: »
    Was Oblivion on a flash sale at some point? A tenner seems steep, the GOTY edition is a fiver for PC in my local GameStop.

It tends to be on sale with skyrim. Think it might go for 5 euro then.

The number of great key sites out there means that the Steam sales no longer have that value for money feel they once had, don't get me wrong there's still great deals to be had but nothing like it was a few years back.

So far this sale I've grabbed
    XCOM: Enemy Unknown
    The Bureau: XCOM Declassified
    Marlow Biggs
    Betrayer
    Defy Gravity

Looking at my account and before the sale I got quite a few games, all of which I would have been keeping an eye out for in the sale.
    Murdered: Soul Suspect, was 12 euro and a damn good game to boot
    Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army 2
    State of Decay and Breakdown DLC
    Risen
    Wolfenstein: The New Order
    Orcs Must Die 2 complete pack
    Lego Marvel Super Heroes
    Nether
    Daylight
    Singularity
    Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Yeti Beast

Sale over. :pac:

• Advertisement

Yeti Beast wrote: »
    Sale over. :pac:

Refresh page....

Refresh page....

You don't say.

Deal of the day is Nether for being -105%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

If Team Blue wins tomorrow, then this whole community event is rigged to ensure every team wins twice. :P

Still haven't changed the price of castle crashers :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,752 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

saints row 4 is the best deal today, and i already own it :/

Oh, and it's probably the funniest game i've ever played

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Insurgency is a great oul game if anyone likes good Tac Shooters.

Saw that

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

It is 90% off on mobile site.

Have had Edge in my basket since last night and just been waiting for something else I want to go cheap only to see that todays indie gala has Edge and 6 others for just a dollar

Castle crashers 4 pack not on sale.. if it doesn't go 90% I won't be fit to giveaway freebies :( I'll wait an hour..

• Advertisement

Insurgency is a great oul game if anyone likes good Tac Shooters.

Yeah, I really enjoy Insurgency :D

Castle Crashers seems to be fixed now, €1.19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Hmm, quite a few possibilities there from the refresh. The LEGO game for the kids, Rogue Legacy for myself and the boy, Dark Souls is a maybe (I'm curious, I've never tried the games) and I'm still torn about Tomb Raider and Metal Gear Rising from yesterday, both being excellent value but not games I'm 100% sure I'll get around to playing in the next 12 months.

Hmm.

Wtf, when you click on Battle Forge on the flash sale voting it brings you to Origin :P

The SR Ultimate Franchise Pack is insanely good value (assuming you haven't played any of the series before) at €17.49.

Castle crashers 4 pack not on sale.. if it doesn't go 90% I won't be fit to giveaway freebies :( I'll wait an hour..

Yeah it's €3.59 for a 4 pack there now...

By the way, all the Hitman games are 80% off including Contracts which isn't listed in the collection

saints row 4 is the best deal today, and i already own it :/

Is the season pass any good? I bought the game before, but still haven't played it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭wyrn

Tidying up my wishlist (c'mon Blue Team) and I noticed that Homefront store page seems to have disappeared.

I'm so tempted by Saints Row IV but I honestly can't justify buying more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,539 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Get Rogue Legacy, I put hours and hours and hours and hours and hours into that game. Absolutely brilliant.

Disappointed that Transistor hasn't dropped yet - the community voted for the other bundle.

• Advertisement
Advertisement