Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Steam Summer Sale 2014

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Sadly didnt win any games but now dark souls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also lego lord of the rings. Maybe lego marvel, or DC too.

Going from one game where death is a bastard to one where death is barely noticed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Just made a thread about free castle crashers in this forum if anyone wants to lineup for a copy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

BattleBlock Theater and Castle Crashers are in a bundle together for €2.29. My guess this is a misprice as BattleBlock Theater is dearer on its own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Falthyron wrote: »
    If Team Blue wins tomorrow, then this whole community event is rigged to ensure every team wins twice. :P

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/28si6r/steam_operation_everyone_work_as_a_team_each_team/

Not saying everybody's doing this, but it would be pretty easy to push it into working out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭MacBizzle

Sadly didnt win any games but now dark souls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bought it last night thinking it wouldn't be a daily deal :pac: not too annoyed, only cost me 1.50 extra or something :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 924 ✭✭✭thegame983

nesf wrote: »
    Hmm, quite a few possibilities there from the refresh. The LEGO game for the kids, Rogue Legacy for myself and the boy, Dark Souls is a maybe (I'm curious, I've never tried the games) and I'm still torn about Tomb Raider and Metal Gear Rising from yesterday, both being excellent value but not games I'm 100% sure I'll get around to playing in the next 12 months.

Hmm.

I have to say Dark Souls is one of the best games of the last generation. It's weird because once you get into it you'll wonder how you ever played anything else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

abbir wrote: »
    BattleBlock Theater and Castle Crashers are in a bundle together for €2.29. My guess this is a misprice as BattleBlock Theater is dearer on its own.

super deal, was considering BBT at €3.74 earlier!

BTW Amazon have pricematched fallout new vegas steam us price, $6.79 / €5ish

nesf wrote: »
    Hmm, quite a few possibilities there from the refresh. The LEGO game for the kids, Rogue Legacy for myself and the boy, Dark Souls is a maybe (I'm curious, I've never tried the games) and I'm still torn about Tomb Raider and Metal Gear Rising from yesterday, both being excellent value but not games I'm 100% sure I'll get around to playing in the next 12 months.

Hmm.

Buy Dark Souls you lucky person!! Wish I could play it for the first time again! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Just made a thread about free castle crashers in this forum if anyone wants to lineup for a copy

Fair play, bought it myself :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

Was hoping for a bit more off Arma 3, might skip it this time around.

MacBizzle wrote: »
    Bought it last night thinking it wouldn't be a daily deal :pac: not too annoyed, only cost me 1.50 extra or something :p

Do you even steam bro? :pac:Been waiting for it an lego lotr to drop to 5 euro for awhile.

Also, for anyone looking at Nether like I was, it doesn't have good reviews so will pass on that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

By the way, for the price, Surgeon Simulator is well worth it. Absolutely hilarious game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,566 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Yeah it's a bargain.. I already own it but will be stocking it for trading/selling hopefully.. Battleblock Theatre is also an awesome game... I wish my laptop didn't break now :(

I saw your signature and had to play lessons in love on Youtube :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Do you even steam bro? :pac:Been waiting for it an lego lotr to drop to 5 euro for awhile.

Also, for anyone looking at Nether like I was, it doesn't have good reviews so will pass on that one.

It looked pretty interesting to me until i saw it had 90% negative reviews. I think avoid lime the plague in this games case.

I did pick up Insurgency though which seems like a great game.

It looked pretty interesting to me until i saw it had 90% negative reviews. I think avoid lime the plague in this games case.

I did pick up Insurgency though which seems like a great game.

I guess you could say it is a bit of a lemon :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Links234 wrote: »
    I kinda had my eye on Transistor
    Mr E wrote: »
    Disappointed that Transistor hasn't dropped yet - the community voted for the other bundle.

I got tired waiting and realised that even if Transistor drops to -25% (which I know it will), it'll still only be marginally cheaper than the current price of buying a Steam key direct from Supergiant Games via their Humble widget, so I decided to go the Humble option so I can play it this evening and feel fuzzy about the tiny charity donation too.

I bought the soundtrack too, so I did miss out on two summer cards though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Mad_Dave wrote: »
    Was hoping for a bit more off Arma 3, might skip it this time around.
    Ya, it's a game I'd like to buy but it's not really much cheaper than you'll find it on most key sites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Something that I had my eye on that I still might consider getting is Remember Me because the whole plot and setting have me interested, I know it's not meant to be amazing gameplay wise though, it had been in my wishlist since the Christmas sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Something that I had my eye on that I still might consider getting is Remember Me because the whole plot and setting have me interested, I know it's not meant to be amazing gameplay wise though, it had been in my wishlist since the Christmas sale.

I got it free on PS+ last year, like you I loved the plot, setting and style of the game but the gameplay just ruined it for me. It was the button combo fighting that got to me and I just could not finish it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,307 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Well picked up Tomb Raider and did some crafting at last GO TEAM BLUE!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Hmm, to get Hitman: Blood Money or Contracts?

I go tit through PS+ after having my eye on it since release and found it to be one of those games where the gameplay just lets it down. There was a point where it went from being somewhat fun to down right frustrating and I just gave up. The story was good, it looks good and has some interesting ideas but the combat is repetitive and the combos an irritation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Sarn

Mr E wrote: »
    Get Rogue Legacy, I put hours and hours and hours and hours and hours into that game. Absolutely brilliant.

$3.74 on amazon.com

• Registered Users Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭wyrn

I'm halfway through and I'm quite enjoying it. Got it cheap. It's not the greatest game but it's interesting and a quick play through. Doubt I'll play it a second time but Neo Paris looks pretty cool & I like the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭friend and foe

was considering battleblock theatre earlier as well sweetie, picked up the cant stop laughing bundle as soon as i saw it :) excellent value :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

amazon.com have pricematched saints row 4 but is there something about those Deep Silver games?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

sweetie wrote: »
    amazon.com have pricematched saints row 4 but is there something about those Deep Silver games?

They're often region-locked. I'm not sure about Saints Row.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

Hmm, to get Hitman: Blood Money or Contracts?
    Blood Money is a cracking game but I think all of them are easily worth the asking of 9eur if you haven't played the older ones before.
    I paid full price for each when they were all orginally released and enjoyed every minute of them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭gazzamc

Ri_Nollaig wrote: »
    Blood Money is a cracking game but I think all of them are easily worth the asking of 9eur if you haven't played the older ones before.
    I paid full price for each when they were all orginally released and enjoyed every minute of them!

Blood money is the best in the franchise.. Great games though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,752 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

abbir wrote: »
    Is the season pass any good? I bought the game before, but still haven't played it!

Dunno i just played the vanilla version, enjoyed it a lot :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I want nothing today thank god :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Well Dark Souls doesn't work on my PC, even though I'm well over the minimum requirements, even a tad over the recommended requirements.

Gutted.

Well Dark Souls doesn't work on my PC, even though I'm well over the minimum requirements, even a tad over the recommended requirements.

Gutted.

What's it doing when you start it?

gazzamc wrote: »

I can start it fine, spent about an hour and a half trying to sort out that ridiculous Games for Windows shíte though, and I've downloaded dsfix and followed the instructions to get it to work.

I can watch the first cutscene telling you the background etc. but after that when I get to the loading screen for Undead Asylum it just freezes and then after a few seconds it says something along the lines of "The program has encountered a problem and must close", and then I've no choice but to close the program. I've tried compatibility mode and that hasn't fixed anything, think reinstalling it might do the trick? I'd rather not though because my internet speed goes to shít while anything's downloading.

I can start it fine, spent about an hour and a half trying to sort out that ridiculous Games for Windows shíte though, and I've downloaded dsfix and followed the instructions to get it to work.

I can watch the first cutscene telling you the background etc. but after that when I get to the loading screen for Undead Asylum it just freezes and then after a few seconds it says something along the lines of "The program has encountered a problem and must close", and then I've no choice but to close the program. I've tried compatibility mode and that hasn't fixed anything, think reinstalling it might do the trick? I'd rather not though because my internet speed goes to shít while anything's downloading.

I had the same issue with mine, I could play one day and the next got that message.. I did fix it eventually.. Trust me its not your pc..

Google "dark souls crashing fix" and try some of the solutions.. I can't remember what I did but I believe it had something I do with games for windows... And installing windows essentials (messenger)..

If I find it ill link it for you..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Thanks-Obama-resized.png

I had the same issue with mine, I could play one day and the next got that message.. I did fix it eventually.. Trust me its not your pc..

Google "dark souls crashing fix" and try some of the solutions.. I can't remember what I did but I believe it had something I do with games for windows... And installing windows essentials (messenger)..

If I find it ill link it for you..

Okay I'll do that :D

If you come across the fix in the meantime I'd really appreciate it if you could link it to me, cheers! :)

Thanks-Obama-resized.png

Lol I was on reddit today and saw this.. It's so true..

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/28w6nq/seems_strange_to_show_the_hardest_boss_in_the/
    Okay I'll do that :D

If you come across the fix in the meantime I'd really appreciate it if you could link it to me, cheers! :)

Here's a list..

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2903653

• Advertisement

As I recall I may have needed to do something with the DEP configuration
    Follow these instructions to find it

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Change-Data-Execution-Prevention-settings?SignedIn=1

You want to turn DEP on all programs except one you specify. Then point it towards the DarkSouls.exe.

I just checked mine and that's what I needed to do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Saints Row IV now only a tenner and I saw Hitman Absolution for 3.99. Nice

thegame983 wrote: »
    As I recall I may have needed to do something with the DEP configuration
    Follow these instructions to find it

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Change-Data-Execution-Prevention-settings?SignedIn=1

You want to turn DEP on all programs except one you specify. Then point it towards the DarkSouls.exe.

I just checked mine and that's what I needed to do

This did the trick :D cheers :)

This did the trick :D cheers :)

You've defeated your first boss, now prepare to die ;P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Yeti Beast

So what games did you all move to the top of your wishlist for when you almost certainly, definitely, inevitably win the daily prize? :pac:

Being a cheapskate, I put upcoming full-priced releases at the top - Shadow of Mordor, Witcher 3 and Civ: Beyond Earth I think.

Yeti Beast wrote: »
    So what games did you all move to the top of your wishlist for when you almost certainly, definitely, inevitably win the daily prize? :pac:

Being a cheapskate, I put upcoming full-priced releases at the top - Shadow of Mordor, Witcher 3 and Civ: Beyond Earth I think.

The Witcher 3, Dark Souls 2 and Alien:Isolation

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Witcher 3, Evolve and Civ: Beyond Earth.

Though two of those don't even have prices on them at the moment.

Kiith wrote: »

I think you need to be able to purchase the game for it to be eligible..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Yeti Beast

Kiith wrote: »

That sounded familiar so I checked mine again and I actually have the same 3. :o

SoM is #4.

Lads. I highly doubt you'll be able to get games that haven't been released yet

thegame983 wrote: »
    Lads. I highly doubt you'll be able to get games that haven't been released yet

Considering that people have already got Dead Rising 3 and the Witcher 3 then I imagine that it can happen.

• Advertisement
Advertisement