Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Steam Summer Sale 2014

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Are you sure? I'm almost certain it went for 75% off at one point recently, either last sale or as a midweek/weekend sale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

From isthereanydeal.com:
    Price History: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
    Lowest price: 2,99€ (79% off)
    Recorded 103 days ago on Steam
    Highest cut: 79% off (2,99€)
    Recorded 103 days ago on Steam
    Last sale: 33% off (9,37€)
    Recorded 6 days ago on Steam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 924 ✭✭✭thegame983

Links234 wrote: »
    Are you sure? I'm almost certain it went for 75% off at one point recently, either last sale or as a midweek/weekend sale

You're right, but once a game goes on a daily/flash/community sale during a summer sale that's pretty much as cheap as it will get during the summer sale.

It may come up cheaper in a few weeks...or a few months

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭kevin2800

New to the masterrace myself ,my first summer sale lol
    Trine Collection
    Metro 2033 All Languages
    Bastion
    Call of Juarez Gunslinger
    Rayman Legends
    Saints Row IV
    The Blackwell Bundle
    Torchlight II
    Guacamelee! Gold Edition
    Garry's Mod
    Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed
    SimCity 4 Deluxe
    Spec Ops The Line (ROW)
    Hitman Absolution
    Can't Stop Laughing Bundle
    Awesomenauts
    Fallout: New Vegas
    Mass Effect Collection
    Dead Island GOTY
    Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition
    Terraria
    Metro Last Light Complete
    Sleeping Dogs

That's a hell of a haul! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Falthyron wrote: »
    I did this last year, but I strongly recommend 'To The Moon'. Currently priced at €2.39 and it's a wonderful story that will bring eye sweat, just blame it on the hayfever.

Screw you.... just finished it and now I'm going to bed MISERABLE. Cheers.

Hayfever, yeah... *mumble* *mumble* :o

Seriously though, I think it's my favourite game so far this year. Thanks for the recommendation.

€3.59 (with soundtrack, €2.39 without) is an absolute steal - I can't recommend it highly enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭josh101st

thegame983 wrote: »
    If you're talking about CS:GO,it won't get any cheaper during the sale. Best bet would be to get onto a site like steamtrades and see if anyone is selling it on the cheap

yeah a was talking about cs:go yeah i may just go ahead and buy it now save the hassle of searching on steam trades, thanks

kevin2800 wrote: »
    New to the masterrace myself ,my first summer sale lol
    Trine Collection
    Metro 2033 All Languages
    Bastion
    Call of Juarez Gunslinger
    Rayman Legends
    Saints Row IV
    The Blackwell Bundle
    Torchlight II
    Guacamelee! Gold Edition
    Garry's Mod
    Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed
    SimCity 4 Deluxe
    Spec Ops The Line (ROW)
    Hitman Absolution
    Can't Stop Laughing Bundle
    Awesomenauts
    Fallout: New Vegas
    Mass Effect Collection
    Dead Island GOTY
    Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition
    Terraria
    Metro Last Light Complete
    Sleeping Dogs

Magnificent. I remember when I built my gaming PC last summer. Did it just in time for the steam summer sale. Traded all my non-exclusive xbox 360 games in for steam credit (got around 180 quid). For less cash than I traded them I got the bulk of my games back, except this time on PC.

It was a good week.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭kevin2800

Magnificent. I remember when I built my gaming PC last summer. Did it just in time for the steam summer sale. Traded all my non-exclusive xbox 360 games in for steam credit (got around 180 quid). For less cash than I traded them I got the bulk of my games back, except this time on PC.

It was a good week.
    I cant believe how much money i spent on my ps3 collection,60 plus games feels now like i was robbed in daylight.i bought ps4 last year all i use it for is netflix and wwe network ffs lol:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Yeti Beast

Strange that we haven't seen any other Valve games feature in the sale yet. CS:GO is the first one to feature, and even then it's a fairly miserable deal by past standards.

Still waiting on the Orcs Must Die pack as well. They've been in every Steam sale since their release... I needs them.

Oh, and blue team still sucks. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭MacBizzle

Yeti Beast wrote: »
    Strange that we haven't seen any other Valve games feature in the sale yet. CS:GO is the first one to feature, and even then it's a fairly miserable deal by past standards.

Still waiting on the Orcs Must Die pack as well. They've been in every Steam sale since their release... I needs them.

Oh, and blue team still sucks. :mad:

I thought I saw Left 4 Dead on a flash sale the other day? Maybe Portal too? Or is that even a Valve game, I'm not too sure :pac:

It has been a pretty poor sale with GOG wiping the floor with them in their sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Any idea which teams turn is it to win today?

I see red are a fair bit out in front again already.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭_Puma_

[Rasta] wrote: »
    I played a bit of the second one, it was quite poor with respect to the first one.
    It introduced some leveling crap which I think is retarded.
    I just want to play the damn game like I did in the original.. but nope.
    The interface is a step down imo, and while there are one or two improvements, overall it's just a step down in comparison to the first.

If you want to try a COH game, get the first one, so much better all round.

The levelling stuff was actually pretty pointless in the grand scheme of things, the bulletins were pretty useless and the skins were just cosmetic. In any case while there is still levels in the game it is now just a measure of length played anymore, don't give you any benefit. The unlocks come from war spoils at the end of a match now.

While the first was a great game especially the campaigns I could just never get into the multiplayer, maybe it was too late when i got it and apparently OF ruined the balance. I just keep going back to the 2nd, to the point where I've 160 hours racked up.

The big thing i don't like about the game is the commanders and how they limit options but once ya get a good strategy with your chosen commander the actual gameplay is excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Frisbee wrote: »
    Any idea which teams turn is it to win today?

I see red are a fair bit out in front again already.

Today is Red. Yesterday was supposed to be Purple but seems some people had other ideas :pac:

MacBizzle wrote: »
    I thought I saw Left 4 Dead on a flash sale the other day? Maybe Portal too? Or is that even a Valve game, I'm not too sure :pac:

Yeah, Portal is by Valve, but neither have been in a featured sale yet (daily, flash or community choice) as far as I can see.

For anyone wanting to buy Child of Light, you can get it on Amazon US for $11.24 (uPlay), which works out at €8.25. Will save you €3 to spend on other games you'll never play. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

I think I may have to give in and buy Skyrim:Legendary edition...anyone got some input? Just waiting for a daily deal or something to see if it'd go down further.

I think I may have to give in and buy Skyrim:Legendary edition...anyone got some input? Just waiting for a daily deal or something to see if it'd go down further.

It was cheaper earlier in the sale (€10.19), so don't buy now. That deal may be repeated on the last day of the sale (they do a day of encore deals at the very end).

Yeti Beast wrote: »
    It was cheaper earlier in the sale (€10.19), so don't buy now. That deal may be repeated on the last day of the sale (they do a day of encore deals at the very end).

Ah yeah, I was thinking to wait and see if they do the encore of sales again...hopefully!

It was already going cheap a few days ago, so keep an eye out to see if it goes on sale in a flash or community sale, and if it hasn't shown up by the last day of the sale, grab it anyway because it's awesome. Really, really awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Is endless space any good?
    Also. Kerbal is hardly gonna go any lower is it? I want it but I know I'll only play it sporadically at best so I can't justify paying that much for it

It's Skyrim, so I'm sure it will go on sale again. If you do get check this guy out for some excellent modding tips. He has a series of modding tips for beginners that will make the game look insanely good. Here is the link the first of 10 or so videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QinA4qD6hXM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

Just picked up some games, some of which are console ports (I think) or at least work best with a controller rather than mouse and keyboard.

Anyone here got a recommendation on which PC version of console controller I should pick up?

Also, where's the best place to buy these controllers?

Picked up the Batman games, tried once with mouse and keyboard and it was like doing an Irish jig on black ice, about as effective as tits on a turtle :)

It's Skyrim, so I'm sure it will go on sale again. If you do get check this guy out for some excellent modding tips. He has a series of modding tips for beginners that will make the game look insanely good. Here is the link the first of 10 or so videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QinA4qD6hXM
    Ooh, looks tasty! Will take a look
    It was already going cheap a few days ago, so keep an eye out to see if it goes on sale in a flash or community sale, and if it hasn't shown up by the last day of the sale, grab it anyway because it's awesome. Really, really awesome.

Yeah, one of the DLCs caught my eye when I was looking at it...the one where I get to build a fort/hut or w/ever? Does sound good tho from what I've been told.

Oh and on the same not as the above Skyrim vid, if you've not seen these, they're hilarious :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Today is Red. Yesterday was supposed to be Purple but seems some people had other ideas :pac:

Lame, so possibly two days in a row of red (days 6 & 7).

Just picked up some games, some of which are console ports (I think) or at least work best with a controller rather than mouse and keyboard.

Anyone here got a recommendation on which PC version of console controller I should pick up?

Also, where's the best place to buy these controllers?

Picked up the Batman games, tried once with mouse and keyboard and it was like doing an Irish jig on black ice, about as effective as tits on a turtle :)

I played the Batman games with a keyboard and mouse absolutely no bother, took a tiny bit of getting used to, but honestly you don't really need a controller for them. But if you must I found that the XBox360 controllers are cheapest in Argos ;)

As a red team member, I've my fingers crossed for winning some games :D

Wolfenstein, Dark Souls II and Witcher 3 in my wishlist :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

I played the Batman games with a keyboard and mouse absolutely no bother, took a tiny bit of getting used to, but honestly you don't really need a controller for them. But if you must I found that the XBox360 controllers are cheapest in Argos ;)

I got my Dualshock 4 working easily for Dark Souls. Its great being able to use stuff u already own on PC!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Yeah, Valve changed the rules a few days back, and it seems like that the schedule was thrown out the window.

I have a feeling that the will be more prizes at the end for whichever team wins the most days as well. Possibly a half life 3 beta :pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Big haul has been added to!

Torchlight II
    CS:GO

€11.74!

Breaking the bank this year :O

Lookin out for Project Zomboid and Garry's Mod to fall back down. Oh! And Far Cry 3 :P

I don't think Skyrim's DLCs will drop any further so they're out of the picture for now. (I mean, the legendary edition is nearly cheaper than 1 DLC!)

The X series, i still have hope!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Ikaruga is in the community vote. even though I have it on gamecube, I would happily get that. But since it's up aginst Battlefront 2 and Dark Souls, it probably won't win since we know from previous years that a game can be on offer multiple times yet still win the community vote over a game that hasn't been on offer.
    So either it goes in a flash sale at some point or I just buy at the end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Taylor365 wrote: »
    I don't think Skyrim's DLCs will drop any further so they're out of the picture for now. (I mean, the legendary edition is nearly cheaper than 1 DLC!)

Just buy Legendary Edition? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Tempted by Space Engineers, it looks like Minecraft for grown-ups. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Bought "To the Moon" and I'm feeling feels already and I've barely touched Act I :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Still not a penny spent.

WHAT IS THIS SORCERY

Although for anyone who was sititng on the fence, CS GO (Counter Strike) at half price is a great price.

ACtually getting back into it after playing initial release, a lot of friends getting back into it too. The ingame matchmaking and ranked system is extremely good

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Bought "To the Moon" and I'm feeling feels already and I've barely touched Act I :pac:

Wait 'til Act 3. I'm going misty thinking about it. :o

Remember Me is in the flash sale, and I did want it but I think I'll skip it for now :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,699 ✭✭✭Glebee

Remember Me is in the flash sale, and I did want it but I think I'll skip it for now :o

Exactly what I thought. It can wait till Christmas at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Will any of the COD games get good discounts. Activision do not seem to be in the spirit of the steam sales at all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Anyone played How to Survive? Any good? Seems pretty decent but a few bad reviews putting me off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

nesf wrote: »
    Tempted by Space Engineers, it looks like Minecraft for grown-ups. :P

Same. really tempted, but I dont know why lol. I know few of my friends got it. By the looks of it Alpha is really mature now and its worth dipping in content wise.,

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It's supposed to be a much better Alpha than most games released. Looks great, but i tend to not play these kind of games for long. I need some sort of direction or story, rather than just a complete sandbox.

Although making my own Serenity would be pretty sweet.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Space Engineers also looks quite tempting to me after some of my friends spent the weekend raving about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Bought Space Engineers when it first went on sale two days ago for €15, haven't installed it yet but can't wait to play it. Looks great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Mr E wrote: »
    Wait 'til Act 3. I'm going misty thinking about it. :o

Had never heard of it before, just watched the trailer & it seems an insta-buy. Brings my tally up to three games this sale :o

Myrddin wrote: »
    Had never heard of it before, just watched the trailer & it seems an insta-buy. Brings my tally up to three games this sale :o

Neither did I (before this thread).

I love and hate this thread in equal measure.

Grabbed Gone Home and planning to spend a day revisiting Dear Ester followed by Gone Home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Ugh, is it wrong that I just spent €5.50 on five games, less because I'm dying to play them and more to get them off my goddamn wishlist?

(I'm aware I could have just removed them, but then how would I remember that I kinda sorta vaguely wanted them at some stage?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Grabbed Gone Home and planning to spend a day revisiting Dear Ester followed by Gone Home

Dear Esther makes me cry at the end every time. Even driving in Ireland and seeing those aerials on the hills puts that piano theme in my head :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement