Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Steam Summer Sale 2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Vojera wrote: »
    Ugh, is it wrong that I just spent €5.50 on five games, less because I'm dying to play them and more to get them off my goddamn wishlist?

(I'm aware I could have just removed them, but then how would I remember that I kinda sorta vaguely wanted them at some stage?)

I've already bought too much this sale, so I'm now just using my wishlist as a cooling off mechanism. On to the wishlist, come back to it later, if I still want it I might buy it.

Bastard sales. Of the 10+ games I've bought so far I'll finish maybe 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Dam you GabeN. I said to myself I was not even going to look at the sales this year but so far I have bought 8 games and spent €83 in the process and 6 of those games were indies :o.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,555 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Space engineer is the only thing I'm looking at right now, but it's over by the time I get home to look into it properly.

So I can buy it off my phone now but not sure if I should and can't research it. Any opinions on the game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,383 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

What type of game is To The Moon? I read it was made by RPG Maker, but watching the trailer it doesn't exactly look like a JRPG since there are no fights. I ask because you've got me interested now but I'm not a JRPG fan. So I guess is it all about the story and interactions and that's all it takes from RPGs or are there somehow fights involved?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

CastorTroy wrote: »
    is it all about the story and interactions and that's all it takes from RPGs

Made with RPG Maker, but it's 95% point and click story and 5% easy puzzles, with a tiny action sequence near the end. The whole thing is 3.5 hours long - I finished it in 2 sittings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,602 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I went to look at it and Steam told me it was already in my account so might try it if it is not a jrpg so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Mr E wrote: »
    Made with RPG Maker

Hmm, this RPG Maker seems very interesting. Off to the Game Dev forum with me on yet another quest :o

Myrddin wrote: »
    Hmm, this RPG Maker seems very interesting. Off to the Game Dev forum with me on yet another quest :o

Many years since I fiddled with it, so it may well have changed, but it was very limited. It was basically only useful for creating 90s style JRPGs with little room for customizing anything bar sprites and tile sets. Naturally, I expect it has progressed in the last few years (possibly a decade!), but I mean... there's Unity, so surely it's redundant anyway! ;)

It was basically only useful for creating 90s style JRPGs

So the best type then?

/runs :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

RPG Maker was one of the humble bundles at one stage or another, I've yet to actually launch it's an excellent piece of software all the same.

So the best type then?

/runs :D

Hey I'm not gonna argue with that. FFVI baby! Chrono Trigger... Aw man, them were the days.

RPG Maker was one of the humble bundles at one stage or another, I've yet to actually launch it's an excellent piece of software all the same.

Yeah just seen that on the GD&E forum...Ropey got a ton of stuff for next to nothing :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭thegame983

Really enjoying The Banner Saga

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Ikaruga is in the community vote. even though I have it on gamecube, I would happily get that. But since it's up aginst Battlefront 2 and Dark Souls, it probably won't win since we know from previous years that a game can be on offer multiple times yet still win the community vote over a game that hasn't been on offer.
    So either it goes in a flash sale at some point or I just buy at the end

I voted for Ikaruga, but to be fair, what you've described above applies to both bundles equally. Super Meat Boy and Hotline Miami are 2 of the most frequently discounted games in Steam history. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,555 ✭✭✭✭Varik

First purchase this sale, got space engineer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,283 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Hmmm..... Car Mechanic Simulator 2014

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I got space engineer. My buddy had it for ages, but have not played in months. So we both decided to jump in and try out survival.

ITS AWESOME! Its like Minecraft, but you can actually build spaceships and complex production lines. Me and buddy planing on starting it from a scratch and do our own spaceships and station later.

thegame983 wrote: »
    Really enjoying The Banner Saga

Sign I've done too much work: I read that as "The Banana Saga".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Yeti Beast

Bundle Stars' Aftershock bundle is only €2.59, and will save you a few quid on games already on Steam sale (System Shock 2 e.g.).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

The wife has just seen the credit card bill

When-guys-expect-girls-to-be-impressed-by-them-for-being-willing-to-date-plus-size-girls-as-though-it%E2%80%99s-some-huge-sacrifice-or-something.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

MadYaker wrote: »
    Hmmm..... Car Mechanic Simulator 2014

Honestly not worth any money. It's not a game and it's not a sim. It's more of a 'tick things off a list' simulator.

You get told to replace a part in simple engine. You take things off in order (not complicated at all, even remotely) and then put things back on in reverse. That's it. No time management, no money management. No diagnosing of problems no nothing.

Tis a shame actually as there's definitely a niche there.

Oh dear. Several wishlist items up on sale today....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,337 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Well Dishonored at that price would be rude not to pick up...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

If you don't have Dishonored, get Dishonored. No excuses

Also, Banished is pretty damn amazing ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Was hoping/dreading that Banished would be on a sale around 5pm tomorrow, as that's when the paycheck hits.

It'll still be on sale tomorrow, dailies last for 48 hours :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,283 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I almost bought dishonored but then I realised I already own it :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Oh, I know, that was my point. Sorry, looiking back it was really unclear.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

So far, I've not succumb to the sirens of steam this sale ... but Rome TW2 doth beguile me...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭gazzamc

Dishonored GOTY is a joke of a price... Should be 75% off.. Half the DLC is worthless..

I think ill pass..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,927 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

After swearing off Splinter Cell since Double Agent didn't seem to suit my style* why, WHY did I buy Blacklist? I still haven't even played Conviction. WHEN DID I BUY CONVICTION?!

*It forced me to kill someone, but according to the internet I could have deliberately missed. Ah. Killing is ugly. Stealth all the way mother****er

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

gazzamc wrote: »
    Dishonored GOTY is a joke of a price... Should be 75% off.. Half the DLC is worthless..

Hugely annoys me when the DLC is discounted by considerably less than the main game. It's actually cheaper for me to buy the GOTY version of Dishonored (66% off) than it is to just pick up the DLC (50% off).

I think ill pass..

The DLC is like a whole new game, well worth it. But it looks as if the price hasn't updated or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,927 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Hugely annoys me when the DLC is discounted by considerably less than the main game. It's actually cheaper for me to buy the GOTY version of Dishonored (66% off) than it is to just pick up the DLC (50% off).

Same story with Skyrim, buying the legendary edition when I already have the main game and hearthstone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

I already own Dishonored on PS3 why I am desperately wanting to buy it now! Steam I foresake thee...

Links234 wrote: »
    The DLC is like a whole new game, well worth it. But it looks as if the price hasn't updated or something?

Skyrim at 66% off I get as its countless hours but I dont believe this game is good enough (or its DLC) to not be at 75% off now.. The game is old now and DLC is a year old..

Btw I have already played and beaten the game...

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Shabaz50

Train simulator looks soo exciting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,397 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Shabaz50 wrote: »

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Maybe but there's been a few threads on the forum already asking if this is the case with no answer.
    Overheal wrote: »
    Same story with Skyrim, buying the legendary edition when I already have the main game and hearthstone

Yeah, if you at least got an extra copy of the game that would be something.

• Advertisement

What's the obsession with simulators these days.. They look so boring...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

What's the obsession with simulators these days.. They look so boring...

Goat Simulator is far from boring :P

I don't normally make images, but this was my reaction to the latest flash deals.

Edit: And I just noticed I included a screen grab of my browser somehow...

I don't normally make images, but this was my reaction to the latest flash deals.

Edit: And I just noticed I included a screen grab of my browser somehow...

Hehe, you searched for "All the troll faces". What are you plotting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Just picked up all of the Assassin's creed games except for black flag. First two are now just above 2 euro each. Looking forward to playing the series.

Hehe, you searched for "All the troll faces". What are you plotting?

:pac: I was going to put the below in then decided against it.
    http://www.my-favorite-coloring.net/Images/Large/Famous-characters-Troll-face-OMG-Rage-Face-139671.png

• Advertisement

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    Just picked up all of the Assassin's creed games except for black flag. First two are now just above 2 euro each. Looking forward to playing the series.

Just picked up 1 & 2, under a fiver for both and I did always want to give them a go ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Just picked up 1 & 2, under a fiver for both and I did always want to give them a go ;)

Only played 1 and 2 on the xbox so I'm interested to see what the rest of the series is like. Also interested to see how it feels using the K&M.

Haven't played any of the AC series either, but I think I'll give them a miss for now.

Oh, and red team is winning again.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Check out the price for all the dlc over €1200 :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Glebee

DLC for Dishonoured (Knife and witches only) are defo worth it. Maybe not as long as main game but still enjoyable.

• Advertisement
Advertisement