Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Steam Summer Sale 2014

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Burgo wrote: »
    Check out the price for all the dlc over €1200 :eek:
    For that price I'd want my very own tiny fairground train in my [non-existent] garden. Choo-choo! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Picked up Super Hexagon simply for the fact that it was a euro :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Woo blackflag 24 euro yoink !

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,335 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

And looks like red is going for three in a row; go team Red!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭MacBizzle

Picked up Super Hexagon simply for the fact that it was a euro :pac:

YES! Best deal ever!! :D:D

Seriously lads, if you haven't played it pick it up!!

MacBizzle wrote: »
    YES! Best deal ever!! :D:D

Seriously lads, if you haven't played it pick it up!!

I picked it up cos it was just a euro but it's actually insanely addictive! And so damn hard. It's a great bargain, great game to kill some time. 10/10 will die after 15 seconds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Super Hexagon.

312351.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Shabaz50

Links234 wrote: »
    Just picked up 1 & 2, under a fiver for both and I did always want to give them a go ;)

AC 1 was pretty much the same mission like 12 times but it was still pretty dam fun

Was gta San Andreas for 2.50 a good deal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭MacBizzle

I picked it up cos it was just a euro but it's actually insanely addictive! And so damn hard. It's a great bargain, great game to kill some time. 10/10 will die after 15 seconds

Managed to beat the second level yesterday after about 8 hours total gameplay, don't even try the 3rd level - I'm scarred after it :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Shabaz50 wrote: »
    Was gta San Andreas for 2.50 a good deal?

One of the best and longest games ever for the price of a chicken roll? I'd say yes :cool:

MacBizzle wrote: »
    Managed to beat the second level yesterday after about 8 hours total gameplay, don't even try the 3rd level - I'm scarred after it :pac:

Go back to level 1 and see if you can get 120 so that she says "wonderful".

Level 3 is one of the toughest. Harder than 4 or 5 actually, though 5 seems completely ridiculous when you see it first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Lone Stone wrote: »
    Woo blackflag 24 euro yoink !

Nooooo it's €17 on Amazon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

So yeah, I got space engineer and I played with 2 of my buddies survival. Pure noobs lol.

So we got one ship and used its facilities to process ore and assemble stuff. It was taking a bit too much time, so we decided to use one ship as a base for assembling, then use all three ships for processing ore. Thing is it would be a pain in a hole to move large amounts of ore. So we stacked ships on each other and those two top ships were driping processed goods in to bottom ship for assembling lol. How stupid is that, but it is fun lol.

SpaceEngineers_2014-06-26-20-19-48-197_FinalScreen_zps8a13ce21.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭gazzamc

Just grabbed Dishonored GOTY from a trader, which was €6 ;P now that's a deal.

Edit:

I went to check out this "To The Moon" game on steam and what do you know i already own it... no idea how :)
    Goat Simulator is far from boring :P

Alright you got me, maybe not all of them.. but you can't deny the latest craze for them...

Any sims that you can do in real life (like driving a train or bus) is boring and pointless... I play KSP which is essentially a space sim but it's something i couldn't (or will never get a chance to) do in real life... Like goat sim.. obviously you can't be a goat in real life lol..

So to all you sim lovers out there... Hows the anticipation for rock watcher simulator 2014?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Right, I officially declare my first Steam Purchase which was actually bought to play and not for cataloging reasons! :pac: Space engineer. I already wasted 5 hours on it.

Finally made my own Mining ship concept in creative mode just to see how, so I can replicate it in Survival mode. This is so much better then Minecraft.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

gazzamc wrote: »
    I went to check out this "To The Moon" game on steam and what do you know i already own it... no idea how :)

Check it out. Brilliant game. Shed a few man tears at the end of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Alright you got me, maybe not all of them.. but you can't deny the latest craze for them...

Any sims that you can do in real life (like driving a train or bus) is boring and pointless... I play KSP which is essentially a space sim but it's something i couldn't (or will never get a chance to) do in real life... Like goat sim.. obviously you can't be a goat in real life lol..

So to all you sim lovers out there... Hows the anticipation for rock watcher simulator 2014?

You are never going to get to drive a train in real life either. You'd have a better shot at getting a job in NASA than being a train driver in Irish Rail but there you go. I play the Irish Rail addons for MS Train Sim driving from Dublin to Belfast, quite relaxing and enjoyable. I'd love if someone could remake all the content for TS2014.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Someone is gonna have to start a thread for Space Engineers since so many of us have bought it,my self included:)

I know very little about it bar the half hour i got to play it earlier,so looking forward to getting into it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Enjoying "To The Moon" very good and emotional story. Not much of a "Game" tbf to it but I'm a sucker for Storytelling.

Gone Home is another I must replay.

You are never going to get to drive a train in real life either. You'd have a better shot at getting a job in NASA than being a train driver in Irish Rail but there you go. I play the Irish Rail addons for MS Train Sim driving from Dublin to Belfast, quite relaxing and enjoyable. I'd love if someone could remake all the content for TS2014.

Oh I wish.. Anything to do with space i absolutely love :D.. Enjoy your trains so.. I'm off to the moon :D (actually mars is the craze right now)..

I'm going to have a look at space engineers.. Is there any demo?

Everyone, get Trine Complete in the flash sale for €2.14 before 10 o'clock if you don't already have it.
    http://store.steampowered.com/sub/28358/

Trine 2 is one of the most beautiful games I've seen to date and Trine 1 is getting a free update from the generous developers to bring it to the newer Trine 2 engine in te coming months.

Monotype wrote: »
    Everyone, get Trine Complete in the flash sale for €2.14 before 10 o'clock if you don't already have it.
    http://store.steampowered.com/sub/28358/

Trine 2 is one of the most beautiful games I've seen to date and Trine 1 is getting a free update from the generous developers to bring it to the newer Trine 2 engine in te coming months.

Agreed. An absolute bargain at that price.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Alice madness returns for €2.49 seems like a great deal considering its much more expensive in other countries.

I dunno about that, but there's a game called Grass Simulator on Greenlight!

• Advertisement

Logged on with 5mins left to go in the flash sales and picked up Trine 2: Complete Story and Alice Madness Returns for a total of 4 quid, happy days :)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Enjoying "To The Moon" very good and emotional story. Not much of a "Game" tbf to it but I'm a sucker for Storytelling.

Gone Home is another I must replay.

I wasn't prepared for the feels that game hit me with.

Also, are Red Team just going to win every day now or what? Look like a shoo-in for a third day in a row at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Look like a shoo-in for a third day in a row at the moment.

HL3 confirmed.

Thinking of picking up Sleeping Dogs. Is the DLC worth grabbing too?

Enduring your 1st Steam sale is damn difficult. Cos I had no games beforehand there is almost always at least one game I want each time the sales change :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Yeti Beast

Vojera wrote: »
    Thinking of picking up Sleeping Dogs. Is the DLC worth grabbing too?

FWIW, I got Year of the Snake, Nightmare at North Point and the Zodiac Tournament when I bought SD earlier in the sale. From digging around it seemed that they were the ones most often recommended. I think a few others added an extra mission or two, but most of the rest seem to be cosmetic stuff and/or buffs to your bank balance making the game easier.

I also got the Street Racer pack although it wasn't specifically recommended to me. Just sounded like my cupán tae.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,307 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Grabbed Trine 2 complete 3 pack for a 5er should be a good one to play on the couch with the GF

I'm 100% sure I bought fallout new Vegas as a gift but it's not in my inventory or my game library

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Also, are Red Team just going to win every day now or what? Look like a shoo-in for a third day in a row at the moment.

Looks like it, once Valve changed the rules it was always going to be whatever team was in the lead when it happened who would have the momentum to keep going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,307 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Frisbee wrote: »
    Looks like it, once Valve changed the rules it was always going to be whatever team was in the lead when it happened who would have the momentum to keep going.

Exactly plus I think a bunch of people bought the switch team tickets on day one or two for the red team so chances are they have a bigger player base than everyone else as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭Wossack

Someone recommended Kingdoms of Amallur before? I see its on community choice for 75% off (5e), so am considering it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Is the Dishonoured DLC worth paying 150% the price of the stand alone game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Yeti Beast

I'm 100% sure I bought fallout new Vegas as a gift but it's not in my inventory or my game library

Check your email - you should have received a receipt/invoice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Long Live The Queen is pretty good, might be one to check out ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Yes!!! Skyrim:Legendary edition for €10.19..welcome to my library :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Click on "<Your user name>'s account" and then "Account Details"
    That will give you a list of transactions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭Wossack

Click on "<Your user name>'s account" and then "Account Details"
    That will give you a list of transactions.

Gifts will be right down the very bottom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭ionapaul

VinLieger wrote: »
    Grabbed Trine 2 complete 3 pack for a 5er should be a good one to play on the couch with the GF
    That's exactly how I played it and it's 100% perfect for getting the GF involved in your gaming - it's really fun and such a beautiful game, how can such a small team make something that looks so much better than the AAA games do?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

So it's payday and I still see nothing that takes my interest. I wonder how the sale is doing vs other years?

Shiminay wrote: »
    So it's payday and I still see nothing that takes my interest. I wonder how the sale is doing vs other years?

Wait until the encore they'll bring back all the best ones..

It's usually after you buy the first game that you can't control yourself.. Hold out lol

I don't know about the game sales, but it feels to me like the cards are much more lucrative this year. 1 cent from all those transactions for nothing tangible in return adds up quick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Maybe you just own all the games worth owning? Does that mean you won Steam?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

Bit the bullet and bought Banished, I've been putting off grabbing it for so long now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 924 ✭✭✭thegame983

Is Resident Evil 6 really as bad as it sounds? I liked 5. Sure it was no 4. Is 6 significantly worse?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Bit the bullet and bought Banished, I've been putting off grabbing it for so long now.

Same here, got the bug for that type of game after playing a bit of AoE 2 HD last night. All the nostalgia came flooding back, it was the second game I ever played on the PC.

Advertisement