Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Steam Summer Sale 2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,307 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Bit the bullet and bought Banished, I've been putting off grabbing it for so long now.

Its a good game, my only problem with it is the economy is completely unsustainable without constant expansion. Basically theres no way balance as without expansion your population just ages doesn't have any children and dies off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭Varik

The steam android app goes through data fast enough, anyone trying to keep on top of sales with a download limited might want to keep an eye on it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

The money they make on the cards is at the very least paying for all admin efforts for the sale I'd say. The asset creation, the planning etc.

If I've claimed victory over Steam then it is a hollow one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

Same here, got the bug for that type of game after playing a bit of AoE 2 HD last night. All the nostalgia came flooding back, it was the second game I ever played on the PC.

You should try Zeus Master of Olympus (and Poseidon expansion). It's the first game I played on PC since it came free with some HP machine we had.

AoE would have been the third, after Command & Conquer for me but Zeus an absolutely amazing city builder / management and even manages to tie in combat well.

Link to gog: http://www.gog.com/game/zeus_poseidon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Steviemoyne

VinLieger wrote: »
    Its a good game, my only problem with it is the economy is completely unsustainable without constant expansion. Basically theres no way balance as without expansion your population just ages doesn't have any children and dies off.

He's working on a modding tool, main reason I bit the bullet. Once that gets released I expect some seriously interesting mods to appear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Considered buying Outlast. Realised I'd rather not sh*t my pants :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Sleeping Dogs had been tempting me for a long time, but I don't know if I'll bite the bullet yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Links234 wrote: »
    Sleeping Dogs had been tempting me for a long time, but I don't know if I'll bite the bullet yet

Its really good if you prefer Story and focused game in open world, not a GTA I will blow up ****, because Story is **** and I have nothing to do.

I loved it and its well worth few quid they asking for.

Its really good if you prefer Story and focused game in open world, not a GTA I will blow up ****, because Story is **** and I have nothing to do.

I loved it and its well worth few quid they asking for.

Yeah, I do like a good story driven game. Is the DLC worth it?

Yeah, I do like a good story driven game. Is the DLC worth it?

I did not bothered myself with DLC as it was goofy and out of place. Main game is more then enough n8. If you liked Mafia games you will like this one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Kerbal Space Program has been the winner of the sale for me so far, I would highly recommend it if you have any interest in space travel / rockets. Successfully doing a flyby of the Mun and getting home safely is far more gratifying than anything in a game ought to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Kerbal Space Program has been the winner of the sale for me so far, I would highly recommend it if you have any interest in space travel / rockets. Successfully doing a flyby of the Mun and getting home safely is far more gratifying than anything in a game ought to be.

I bought it in the sale last year and just played it once as I didn't have the time to invest in it. What is with the new version I see listed, is it just a patched up version or paid dlc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

First blood

Roller Coaster Deluxe for €3

Consdering the absolute hundreds of hours I put in this as a young teen, I simply couldn't resist getting it again.

Have the original and its expansions in home in the old school big boxes, but sure this is what the steam sale for me is about, putting classics onto steam for usability.

Going to have some craic over the weekend :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Just how rare are these fabled "Booster Packs" ?

I did not bothered myself with DLC as it was goofy and out of place. Main game is more then enough n8. If you liked Mafia games you will like this one.

**** it, got the complete edition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

ED E wrote: »

Not very. I've randomly gotten a handful over the course of the last few months. Usually sell for 25-40c depending on the game they belong to.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Quite rare, I've found.

You've got to be at least level ten before you ate eligible, with an increase in your odds at every tenth level thereafter.

You will only get booster packs for games in which you've already received all the free cards.

Not sure if more games eligible increases your odds.

It's also tied to the rate at which other people are creating badges, so it's probably pretty high right now.

Since the cards came out, I have received three booster packs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭Wossack

**** it, got the complete edition.

worst part of the complete edition it when you first start it up, you get a notification for each dlc you've just unlocked - so it goes ape **** going through them all for ages lol. Go make a cup of tea while it goes through it :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭wyrn

I've only ever gotten one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I bought it in the sale last year and just played it once as I didn't have the time to invest in it. What is with the new version I see listed, is it just a patched up version or paid dlc?

I'm not aware of a new version. There's only one version on steam as far as I can see. It's still in early access though, and judging by release history there's an update every few months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

That's an awesome price for tropico 4. Great game, amazing music!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Yeti Beast

Alan Wake - yay or nay?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Yeti Beast wrote: »
    Alan Wake - yay or nay?

for less than a fiver its impossible to go wrong imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Yeti Beast

Ah they've hundreds of games under a fiver though; I can't buy them all....

Or can I? :pac:

for less than a fiver its impossible to go wrong imo

Get the 'Franchise' pack, it's everything for just a little more than the game on it's own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Assetto Corsa early access is on sale for €17.50. If anyone has a wheel this game is essential.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Just made my second purchase so far, Alan Wake Franchise pack.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Well, I had to head into the Stephens Green Centre after work and spotted Assassins Creed Black Flag for €24.98! 1 cent less than the Steam Sale. It was also the super duper megalicious edition with all this:
    AC4BF_Buccaneer_Screen_PEGI.jpg

SUCK IT STEAM SALE!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

ScumLord wrote: »
    Assetto Corsa early access is on sale for €17.50. If anyone has a wheel this game is essential.

Second purchase of the sale! Dont have a wheel, so stuck it in my inventory for now, only bought as getting the Oculus Rift DK2, should be arriving next month!

If OR is as good as reported for this i may get a wheel (already have euro truck) and redeem it, otherwise ill gift it on. Is it ****e with a controller?

First purchase was banished, enjoying it i must say!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Shiminay wrote: »
    Well, I had to head into the Stephens Green Centre after work and spotted Assassins Creed Black Flag for €24.98! 1 cent less than the Steam Sale. It was also the super duper megalicious edition with all this:
    AC4BF_Buccaneer_Screen_PEGI.jpg

SUCK IT STEAM SALE!

Also, if you just want the statue, CEX buys the game for about €22 cash on the 360/PS3. Never seen the PC version of the Buccaneer round much though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 924 ✭✭✭thegame983

Also guys. Tropico 4. At that price has to be bought!

thegame983 wrote: »
    Also guys. Tropico 4. At any that price has to be bought!

Fixed it for ya! :pac:

Guys, if you don't have Deus Ex: Human Revolution, get it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭wyrn

I need to stop following this thread, in both senses

are we a bad influence?

I was actually hoping to get Transistor, but I might leave it now, I've got a lot this sale and it'll probably be a lot cheaper next sale ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Few Humble Bundle Leftovers... Don't use if you own the game... Reply which game you got also:

Draw a Stickman: Epic - https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=pTSzYGytWpC4EzU6

Breach and Clear - https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=HUqxHFAFPqdnV8Du

Metal Slug 3 - https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=byEpY5HbcwXrRy2Y

Enjoy :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭marko93

Few Humble Bundle Leftovers... Don't use if you own the game... Reply which game you got also:

I took Breach and Clear, very much appreciated :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭gazzamc

thegame983 wrote: »
    Also guys. Tropico 4. At that price has to be bought!

Do you one better, i'll get it off a Russian trader for €2.50 (Tropico 4 Collector's Bundle) :D ... once he wakes up that is...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,699 ✭✭✭Glebee

Cheers, i picked up Metal Slug

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

First activation of this sale Battleblock Theatre... Really hope it runs on this laptop now...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Lu Tze wrote: »
    Second purchase of the sale! Dont have a wheel, so stuck it in my inventory for now, only bought as getting the Oculus Rift DK2, should be arriving next month!

If OR is as good as reported for this i may get a wheel (already have euro truck) and redeem it, otherwise ill gift it on. Is it ****e with a controller?
    If you have those two titles a wheel would be a worthy addition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Nearly bought FEAR. Been waiting for it after I got FEAR 2 and 3 in a humble bundle. Turns out the first game was also in the bundle and I never redeemed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,699 ✭✭✭Glebee

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Enjoying "To The Moon" very good and emotional story. Not much of a "Game" tbf to it but I'm a sucker for Storytelling.

Gone Home is another I must replay.

Just finished To The Moon,

So glad I went back and gave it a second try, Wow what a sad brilliant ending. On a par with Two Brothers I guess. Im in bits here. Hope the wife does not come in..:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Well thats my last summer badge crafted. 4 in all. I plan on just selling them from now on. Hoping there'll be a price spike this weekend as people try to craft badges before the cards disappear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Guys, if you don't have Deus Ex: Human Revolution, get it ;)

Just did,ive been waiting on a deal like this on the directors cut for awhile:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Didn't really like Deus Ex HR myself. I suppose ever since playing Deus Ex 1 I've been pining after a game as good.. . . . and never found one.

If anyone wants their standards of games to be forever ruined. Buy and play Deus Ex 1 :pac:

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Didn't really like Deus Ex HR myself. I suppose ever since playing Deus Ex 1 I've been pining after a game as good.. . . . and never found one.

If anyone wants their standards of games to be forever ruined. Buy and play Deus Ex 1 :pac:

Yeah I don't know if anything could quite beat the first, but it was HR was an awesome game in its own right. Far superior to invisible war.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Yeah I don't know if anything could quite beat the first, but it was HR was an awesome game in its own right. Far superior to invisible war.

I DONT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

Picked up Space Engineers earlier today, looks good craic, played it for about 30 minutes but made a pig's ear of mining haha, am looking forward to figuring the game out :D

Any other games you folks would recommend? Prior to the sale I've not bought any games in a age (bar Football Manager 2014 but it's not really a game, more of an addiction lol).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Steamworld dig is a little gem of a game, highly recommended.

• Advertisement
Advertisement