Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Steam Summer Sale 2014

1242526272830»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Taylor365 wrote: »
    A good 2000 hours worth there.

About €0.11 per hour. :pac:

STILL BETTER THAN €10 TO GO SEE 2 HOURS TRANSFORMERS SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITE! :mad:

The cinema system - this is exactly how I calculate the value of a piece of entertainment!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

Taylor365 wrote: »
    A good 2000 hours worth there.

About €0.11 per hour. :pac:

STILL BETTER THAN €10 TO GO SEE 2 HOURS TRANSFORMERS SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITE! :mad:

The new Transformers is 3 hours!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

Since everyone else is posting their lists, here's mine
    Saints Row IV Season Pass
    Castle Crashers and Battleblock Theatre
    Hitman Blood Money and Hitman Contracts
    Total €7.76 of Steam Wallet credit made from selling trading cards

From Amazon I bought
    Age of Empires II HD + The Forgotten Expansion
    Wolf Among Us
    Total $11

Very tame summer sale for me. My steam game count is 563 games owned so probably hard to find stuff to buy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Thanks for that, the guilt of my ~€70/80 has been washed clean. ;)

I might need another SSD by the looks of things as I'm having to pick and choose a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,752 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

abbir wrote: »
    The new Transformers is 3 hours!

I heard if anyone is still awake after 2 hours they get a full refund

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

abbir wrote: »
    Very tame summer sale for me. My steam game count is 563 games owned so probably hard to find stuff to buy!

At 350 games I thought I was bad :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭EazyD

Mount and Blade Collection and Chivalry, the former being one of the single most addictive games I've played in a long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

EazyD wrote: »
    Mount and Blade Collection and Chivalry, the former being one of the single most addictive games I've played in a long time.

Warband is fantastic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Hah! 98 games and I was thinking I was bad :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

And Skerries is laughing at us all :pac:

• Advertisement

I'm now genuinely saying to myself "Should I try and get the cards for as many badges as possible while they're cheap and then I can craft loads at the next sale?"

Stupid Steam :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Favourite Game bought from the sale - So far it has o be Hotline Miami. Have made it to chapter 4, it's rock hard but the gameplay never sop being fun even when you get seriously frustrated!

Torchlight II is a great game too.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Shabaz50

Mr E wrote: »
    Bought that game dev kit - serious impulse buy (I'm trying not to think too hard about it for the moment).

Angry Flappy Bird Jump Jump coming soon to a device near you.

So how's Angry Flappy Bird Jump Jump coming along?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,566 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Vojera wrote: »
    And Skerries is laughing at us all :pac:

no but Taytothief on here might be :eek::D

http://steamcommunity.com/id/taytothief/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

How does one level-up on Steam? Achievements is it?

Mostly by buying in to their silly trading card 'game'. There are a couple of other things though, I'm pretty sure you get some XP for filling in your profile, buying more games and being a member for a certain number of years. Can't remember exactly as I never much cared.

It's all through badges.

You can get the Pillar of Community and Community Ambassador by fulfilling some simple enough criteria (have a certain number of friends, etc.).

You also get badges for certain milestones of game ownershop (e.g. 25+, 50+, 100+) and length of time your account has been open (e.g. 5 years).

After that it's mostly for participating in the sale events and crafting game badges. Certain games drop cards (but never drop more than half the total collection) and you trade for or buy the remaining cards. You then craft the cards into a badge and in return you get XP for your account, a wallpaper for your profile and an emoticon. Sometimes you get extras like coupons for money off games or (during the sales) extra cards.

Leveling up your account doesn't actually do anything, other than allowing you to have more friends or allowing you to show off more showcases on your profile page (e.g. review showcase, achievement showcase) and every 10 levels makes it slightly more likely you'll get a random card booster pack for doing nothing, but that's it really.

Vojera wrote: »
    every 10 levels makes it slightly more likely you'll get a random card booster pack for doing nothing, but that's it really.

So that's why a random foil card popped into my inventory one day!? Quick 30c for me. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Shabaz50 wrote: »
    So how's Angry Flappy Bird Jump Jump coming along?

I followed the tutorial on Wednesday night and had a playable breakout clone after an hour (with scoring, lives, sound effects, music, a title screen, high score table and good ball physics). Pretty powerful tool. :)

I spent an hour last night reading through the clickteam forums - there seems to be a very active community there.

The next plan is to get something simple on Android (I got the add-on that lets me compile an APK) and then plan what I want to do...

• Advertisement

Mr E wrote: »
    The next plan is to get something simple on Android (I got the add-on that lets me compile an APK) and then plan what I want to do...
    We all get mates' rates, right?

Advertisement