Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Steam Summer Sale 2014

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Yeti Beast

June 30th is officially the final day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

For those saying you can't got wrong with XCOM The Bureau.... its absolutely awful :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,752 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Grimebox wrote: »
    For those saying you can't got wrong with XCOM The Bureau.... its absolutely awful :pac:

It really is.

It actually starts out with a fairly promising storyline, then it devolves into something i could barely even play because the writing was so awful, i actually didnt understand the end at all.

good for one playthrough, barely and only barely if you enjoy the lore behind XCOM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

The Valve complete pack is a good shout for anyone that never played Half life and it's expansions, or Half life 2, to be honest, if you havn't got this in your steam library, make it happen immediately.

I have Half life, and all the expansions and stuff in the old big box style PC games of old. Might pick this up to have them in my library.

I have fond memories of opposing force and blue shift :)

Is there a way to see the games in my library, when I don't have the client installed. I'm in work RDPing to my laptop where client aint installed, and netiehr the website nor the mobile app readily show my library, which is annoying. Sneaky feeling I might have this valve pack already

**Found it on website, its in account details

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭gazzamc

TheDoc wrote: »
    The Valve complete pack is a good shout for anyone that never played Half life and it's expansions, or Half life 2, to be honest, if you havn't got this in your steam library, make it happen immediately.

I have Half life, and all the expansions and stuff in the old big box style PC games of old. Might pick this up to have them in my library.

I have fond memories of opposing force and blue shift :)

Is there a way to see the games in my library, when I don't have the client installed. I'm in work RDPing to my laptop where client aint installed, and netiehr the website nor the mobile app readily show my library, which is annoying. Sneaky feeling I might have this valve pack already

I can see my library from my mobile(and even install games)... You could install it on the laptop..

If you can log in on the website, there should be a link to your games under your username.

Alternatively go to ht tp://steamcommunity.com/id/"your username"/games?tab=all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,370 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

It really is.

It actually starts out with a fairly promising storyline, then it devolves into something i could barely even play because the writing was so awful, i actually didnt understand the end at all.

good for one playthrough, barely and only barely if you enjoy the lore behind XCOM.

I found the turns seem to take ages when I tried to replay. I wanted to go through the development again but doing the same missions and spending half the time creeping accross he map gets old.
    I would like a mod to auto resolve the combat for replays.

Thanks lads have it now, and turns out have the valve pack already

Also noticed the amount of double copies of games I have from buying stuff I already had.

Pity I cant trade once on my account, have duplicate copies of the GTA franchise among others

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

Euro Truck Simulator 2 - €2.99 Get it now!

Gold Bundle - €4.45
    Includes 2 items: Euro Truck Simulator 2, Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Going East!

Collector's Bundle - €7.39
    Includes 9 items: Euro Truck Simulator 2, Euro Truck Simulator, Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Going East!, Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Halloween Paint Jobs Pack, Scania Truck Driving Simulator, Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Ice Cold Paint Jobs Pack, Euro Truck Simulator 2 - Force of Nature Paint Jobs Pack, Trucks & Trailers, Bus Driver

Truck simulator....for real?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Grimebox wrote: »
    Balls, bought this (and the other XCOM game for €6.70 or something) about an hour ago, never played an XCOM before. Presume the main game is good at least, people here seemed to go crazy for it.

Also got Far Cry 3 (basic game) and Far Cry Blood Dragon, both look great.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

The 3rd review down has me sold!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

Broke my duck, marlow brigs (wasn't he in the wire?) and dark
    Void zero 99c each.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,566 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

if you type the codes from the old boxed versions it usually gives you most of the valve pack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

ionapaul wrote: »
    Balls, bought this (and the other XCOM game for €6.70 or something) about an hour ago, never played an XCOM before. Presume the main game is good at least, people here seemed to go crazy for it.

XCOM: Enemy Unknown(& also it's big DLC counterpart Enemy Within) is a fantastic game. The Bureau however is just awful tbh!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,335 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Honestly it's a great game even if you think it would not be; and at that price what do you really have to lose?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Hey, I voted 3 times and they said I got a free card but one didn't appear. Give me my card you bastards!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

I just tried out the demo for Euro Truck Simulator 2. Why is it so relaxing!?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Is there any site that tells you the lowest price a game has ever been on steam ?
    I ask because 2 games I'm watching - Civ 5 complete and Skyrim legendary ed. are reduced by 40% to around €20 a piece.
    I only want the complete packs for the DLC.

If not then I'll buy them on the last day of the sale.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

horgan_p wrote: »
    Is there any site that tells you the lowest price a game has ever been on steam ?
    I ask because 2 games I'm watching - Civ 5 complete and Skyrim legendary ed. are reduced by 40% to around €20 a piece.

The Enhanced Steam browser plugin will tell you the cheapest price of a game currently and ever, but it covers more sellers than Steam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

http://www.steamprices.com/us

• Registered Users Posts: 17 BigP

isthereanydeal.com

Very handy site for the discerning bargain hunter.

+1 for the Enhanced Steam browser plug-in. Incredibly useful!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

Skyrim legendary steam key has been as low as £10 recently on gamefly. I'd wait it out for better discount

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

I just tried out the demo for Euro Truck Simulator 2. Why is it so relaxing!?

One of the best experiences going on the oculus rift

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Skerries wrote: »
    if you type the codes from the old boxed versions it usually gives you most of the valve pack

I did this for the Half Life Generations. Said it was already used so I just had to buy them again. I sent a mail to cutomer support beforehand and they said I needed proof of purchase. think I bought it back around 2002 so receipt was long gone.

Dammit, in work so had The Cave, Monaco and Super Meat Boy already to get before the time runs out but just realised it doesn't have my payment details saved and I don't have my card, nooooooo :'(

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Grabbed Monaco there. Put a tenner in the wallet, I swear that's all I'm spending.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I did this for the Half Life Generations. Said it was already used so I just had to buy them again. I sent a mail to cutomer support beforehand and they said I needed proof of purchase. think I bought it back around 2002 so receipt was long gone.

Same thing happened with mine, tried to explain that I had bought the game the day it came out and as such didn't have proof of purchase over 10 years later

Dammit, in work so had The Cave, Monaco and Super Meat Boy already to get before the time runs out but just realised it doesn't have my payment details saved and I don't have my card, nooooooo :'(

Ah sure you'll never play then anyway ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

CastorTroy wrote: »

I think they will accept pictures of the box clearly showing the key. But if it has already been used that means you probably have an old account with the games on it.

urbanledge wrote: »
    Ah sure you'll never play then anyway ;)

I'm new to Steam so I have like 6 games at the moment so I hopefully won't slip into buying a tonne of games for the sales but never playing them just yet :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,307 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Rich purple b@stards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

GarIT wrote: »
    I think they will accept pictures of the box clearly showing the key. But if it has already been used that means you probably have an old account with the games on it.

I sent a scan of the box, as requested in list of items to send. I only ever had one steam account. I'd say more than likely, the serial was reused when going so long unused. Was only last year I tried adding them to my library

Also I just clicked join team and got put on Purple Team hehe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Also I just clicked join team and got put on Purple Team hehe

Where do you Join a Team? I'v been in work so haven't had a proper chance to have a look.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Cravez wrote: »
    Where do you Join a Team? I'v been in work so haven't had a proper chance to have a look.

Click on the map/board game thingy just above the community choices and you should see an option in there.

Cravez wrote: »

I stumbled across it but what Mickeroo said :P

Sold a Purple Team token for a tenner. Think I made the right choice given the odds of actually winning any games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I've had XCom for a while, was hoping to pick up some of the DLC, but it costs more than the main game :eek:

• Advertisement

Yeti Beast wrote: »
    Sold a Purple Team token for a tenner. Think I made the right choice given the odds of actually winning any games.

How do you get the tokens?

Mickeroo wrote: »
    How do you get the tokens?

They occasionally spawn when you craft a summer badge. It said it was a common item, but jaysus, they're going for stupid money!

They occasionally spawn when you craft a summer badge. It said it was a common item, but jaysus, they're going for stupid money!

Have you crafted the badge already?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,335 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Links234 wrote: »
    I've had XCom for a while, was hoping to pick up some of the DLC, but it costs more than the main game :eek:
    This; I was really hoping the With in would drop to below 5 EUR at least but Christmas sale I guess.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Have you crafted the badge already?

Yeah, traded a couple of TF2 items that I'll never use for a few of the summer cards, and got lucky with the token it seems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Up to €20 now :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

how do you get tokens??

Vojera wrote: »
    Up to €20 now :eek::eek::eek:

I sold too sooooon!
    how do you get tokens??

They're randomly dropped when you craft a summer sale badge.

I crafted a badge and did not got a token :(

• Advertisement

Hmmm I did got a summer adventure bag for TF2. It says its rare and goes for 8eu... Whats in it? Is it worth selling for 8eu as I dont play TF2 at all.

Advertisement