Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Steam Summer Sale 2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Looks like will be buying Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death, Blood Dragon, Walking Dead Season 2 and maybe Amnesia Machine For Pigs(Have the first but haven't played yet)

Didn't get a card for the first 3 votes. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Yeti Beast

Screw it, I'm not going to get Prison Architect despite wanting it. It's too dear compared to other Steam region's prices. I can ignore that when a game is only a few quid, but there's a difference of a few euro between €, and £/$. I'll get it on steamtrades.com instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,752 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Links234 wrote: »
    Is State of Decay worth a look?

It's a console port, and an obvious one.

But..

Despite it being a port it's not a terrible one,

It's a decent game, a bit jittery and jumpy here and there, but overall it's worth it. You'll get at least one playthrough out of it, and about 20 hours worth in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

I see Tropico 5 is 25% off, shall i pull the trigger now or wait a few days,

Surely if its 25% off now it will be cheaper in a few days?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 712 ✭✭✭gazzamc

Rossi IRL wrote: »

If it's not a daily deal or flash sale wait for one and pick it up on the second last day if it doesn't get one(The last is encore only and all other sales end)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Only released so maybe it won't

1st purchases down:
    State of Decay & Far Cry 3

unzDD5K.jpg

Krusader wrote: »
    Only released so maybe it won't

1st purchases down:
    State of Decay & Far Cry 3

It's not AAA so I can see it getting 40% off.. Depends on the publisher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Didn't get a card for the first 3 votes. :(

Yeah, I didn't get one on the third vote either, but it showed up afterwards at 6 o'clock. Also, you have to be level 8 to get cards. As far as I know, they'll give them to you backdated once you reach level 8.

• Advertisement

Ill wait a couple of days,

I used to go mad on steam sales, not anymore

Tropico 5 will be the only game i buy this time around

Monotype wrote: »
    Yeah, I didn't get one on the third vote either, but it showed up afterwards at 6 o'clock. Also, you have to be level 8 to get cards. As far as I know, they'll give them to you backdated once you reach level 8.

Are you sure? I remember getting cards before below level 8..

Bought Rage, probably be an apt description of my mental state after i play it :)

gazzamc wrote: »
    Are you sure? I remember getting cards before below level 8..

Yep. It was level 5 at Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Right lads, I bought Euro Truck Simulator 2. What the actual ****?

I need to uninstall Steam.

Yep. It was level 5 at Christmas.

Oh any idea why they upped it?

• Advertisement

gazzamc wrote: »
    Oh any idea why they upped it?

To get people to buy more cards and invest in their trading system. Looks like it's working too. Some people are spending a fortune on cards.

Edit: It probably discourages multiple accounts too.

To get people to buy more cards and invest in their trading system. Looks like it's working too. Some people are spending a fortune on cards.

Edit: It probably discourages multiple accounts too.

I lucked out so, was at level 8 when it started.. At 10 now almost hitting 11 :D

Right lads, I bought Euro Truck Simulator 2. What the actual ****?

I need to uninstall Steam.

Tis a great game if you have a wheel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'm Level 7 with 17 XP away from 8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Tis a great game if you have a wheel

Now that you mention it actually I have a pretty snazzy wheel gathering dust somewhere that I bought for Gran Turismo 5, must fish that out.

• Advertisement

Now that you mention it actually I have a pretty snazzy wheel gathering dust somewhere that I bought for Gran Turismo 5, must fish that out.

Tis a nice game on max graphics aswell,

whenever i pop on for a drive, i plug the laptop into my tv and away i go

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Bought Rage, probably be an apt description of my mental state after i play it :)

It starts off really well, but i found it got very repetitive after a while.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I'm Level 7 with 17 XP away from 8

If you don't want to be using up cards and haven't done it, you can do some of the tasks for the pillar of the community badge. That'll give you 200 in total.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

It suffers from atrocious texture pop-in but there's a little fix you can implement (google Rage pop-in fix or that sort of thing) and it helps quite a bit.

It tells your GPU to use more of it's memory or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,182 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Seeing No Man's Sky appears to have spoiled my appetite for games.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I just checked out the list of games that people on the purple team won. Almost all of them are grand, but one poor sucker had Leisure Suit Larry on his wish list and that's what he got. Poor guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

CatInABox wrote: »
    I just checked out the list of games that people on the purple team won. Almost all of them are grand, but one poor sucker had Leisure Suit Larry on his wish list and that's what he got. Poor guy.

Where can you see? lol

Kiith wrote: »
    It starts off really well, but i found it got very repetitive after a while.

Just got to wellsprings and got that exact impression, i might stick with for a while though lest i buy more games :D

Gbear wrote: »
    It suffers from atrocious texture pop-in but there's a little fix you can implement (google Rage pop-in fix or that sort of thing) and it helps quite a bit.

It tells your GPU to use more of it's memory or something.

seems okay to me tbh, it's actually really detailed, surprising for a three year old title, cheers though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Overheal wrote: »
    Seeing No Man's Sky appears to have spoiled my appetite for games.

How so? it looks kinda cool?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

Calhoun wrote: »
    How so? it looks kinda cool?

I think that's his point. Nothing else is looking as good as what NMS is hopefully shaping up to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

NMS is set to be amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

bougah call of juaraez to occupy a few hours, i liked the 1st 2 then there was a modern one? that i never got then this one came out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I thought I was better, I thought I was past this. I've already caved and bought more in two days than I did in all of the Christmas sale.

Haul so far -

The Bureau
    Payday 2
    Sid Meier's Pirates
    Don't Starve
    Call of Juarez: Gunslinger
    Shadowrrun Returns
    Papers Please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

What's currently in the community choice offer?

The Blue Team is bleedin' brutal!
    Links234 wrote: »
    What's currently in the community choice offer?

Last winner, or two choices up for decision now?

Last winner. Seem to have issues viewing on mobile

It was the Sci-fi collection or whatever they called it; Frozen Synapse, Shadowrun Returns, E.Y.E. and Master Reboot.

Is it worth upgrading to shadowrun deluxe edition? And the dragonfall dlc? Been on my wishlist a while and currently 60%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

I got the dragonfall DLC anyway. Been wanting to get that when it went on sale. Obviously, having just bought it I can't personally vouch for it, but I think I read reviews about how it was a lot better than the main game, and I really liked the main game.

I'll be calling it a night soon. I mostly am up because I wanted to vote on the community choice.. But anyone with a spare 3 for the summer cards? I need a 3, and would like to trade a 1 if possible though I could trade a 6. I have one more 1 so obviously I'd prefer to trade that if possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,918 ✭✭✭nix

The only game i want is South park but i doubt it will go up, if so probably feck all off it :(

Mostly just indy crap so far too :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Might go for an all right price for the Christmas one.There have been lots of great indie games there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Might go for Papers Please if it's gone down further! Looks like a great boredom killer.

Anyone played State of Decay? Is it any good? Looking for games that have the longevity factor..or replayability.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

nix wrote: »
    The only game i want is South park but i doubt it will go up, if so probably feck all off it :(

Mostly just indy crap so far too :/

Just under 20 on Kinguin if any good to ya?
    http://www.kinguin.net/category/5112/south-park-the-stick-of-truth-steam-key/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Might go for Papers Please if it's gone down further! Looks like a great boredom killer.

70% off at €2.69 now.

Been meaning to try it for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Just completed The Fall. Steam says it took 10 hours but I did leave it unattended for a couple of hours, probably closer to 8. Very atmospheric, very interesting premise. I'd recommend it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,182 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Sarky wrote: »
    Just completed The Fall. Steam says it took 10 hours but I did leave it unattended for a couple of hours, probably closer to 8. Very atmospheric, very interesting premise. I'd recommend it.

holy ****, saw the trailer, it resonated with some daydreams I had as a teen when drawing stuff that an AI could potentially auto-pilot a suit. Have to try this.

edit: ph yeah I came in here to ask does anyone know if Planetary Annihilation is "done enough" yet to justify it's $25 purchase?

Overheal wrote: »
    holy ****, saw the trailer, it resonated with some daydreams I had as a teen when drawing stuff that an AI could potentially auto-pilot a suit. Have to try this.

edit: ph yeah I came in here to ask does anyone know if Planetary Annihilation is "done enough" yet to justify it's $25 purchase?

I was debating wether to buy it or not and after a look at their forums i decided not to, they've only just implemented a single player campaign, so they are nowere near finished yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Might get Payday 2

At that price, it's well worth it ;)

I was hoping we'd see something off the new DLC, as it's €6.99 which is pretty expensive and all the other DLC was €4.99 at launch. I assumed they'd bumped up the price because it was released just before the sale and they had it that expensive so they wouldn't lose out too much when it was discounted, but I guess I was wrong.

• Advertisement
Advertisement