Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Alternative to logitech android/ios keyboard

• 10-06-2014 10:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭

As per the thread title, I'm looking for an alternative to this keyboard =>

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/tablet-keyboard-android-win8-rt

The above keyboard has been fabulous. The size/form factor has been perfect - it's effectively a slightly trimmed down - yet full size slimline keyboard.

Works great.

Now the down side.

I've gone through 2 of them in the space of 18 months! Occasionally, leave it sitting on the passenger seat in the car (in the cover) - and it takes the occasional knock when I end up having to brake very had.

This has lead to some of the keys simply not working (unless I squeeze tightly on the top right hand corner of the keyboard (Obviously an unworkable ...workaround..).

Need the very same - but more robust. Does such a thing exist?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,182 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Not really to my knowledge. Logitech does really fair warranty service but that's just neglect :/

Do what I do my son, if your car allows it: in the wedge between the center console and my passenger seat is where I lodge documents and things I don't want flying around the vehicle.

The simpler thing to do would be find an alternative method to secure your keyboard. Consider leaving it on the floor instead of the seat f that's where it likes to go anyway. Or in a seat pouch, the drivers side nook on the door, etc etc there are surely several places you could stow it.

The case on that model is not a protector. It's a stand that has a beat way of tagging along with the keyboard. It's no otter box.

They also have or had I think the K400 or something that had switchable Bluetooth but no tablet stand. Just useful for having a keyboard for multiple devices (up to 3)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

Overheal wrote: »
    Do what I do my son, if your car allows it: in the wedge between the center console and my passenger seat is where I lodge documents and things I don't want flying around the vehicle.
    Have been getting myself into the habit of leaving the cover(/stand) wedged in between seat and centre console.

I guess I did have the expectation that it would take the odd knock - but I guess if I stick to this regime, I shouldn't have to go out and buy another one.

Advertisement