Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just Missed 2.1

Options
  • 10-06-2014 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hey,

I'm sure this q has been asked before but i couldn't find any trace after a search.
    I just missed out on a 2.1 by 0.09 gpa points in the provisional results.
    I incurred some late penalties and am wondering if anyone has any experience with this and if they can be reversed? If so i'd be able to get 2.1

Cheers. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,806 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

On what grounds would it be reversed?

You knew the result of a late assignment but you you still missed the deadline...several times apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

.09 is not "just". It's almost half a gradepoint, overall across 12 (or even 24, depending on degree) courses. You'd need to go from, say, a C+ to an A+ in one of your modules to pull the average up enough. I really doubt you incurred that kind of late penalties in any course, and even if you did that's your own fault and it's not going to be reversed.

Congrats on the 2.2.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭comewatmay

Write them a sorry sad letter giving some made up reasons why you were stressed and under pressure to submit in time.

If the letter sounds genuine enough you should get bumped up no problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

comewatmay wrote: »
    Write them a sorry sad letter giving some made up reasons why you were stressed and under pressure to submit in time.

If the letter sounds genuine enough you should get bumped up no problem.

You could also approach your lecturers and ask them if there's any way they can increase your grades by a couple of percent. Generally you get feedback on essays, so maybe you could chat about their comments on your assignments.

If enough are willing, then it might bring you up.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Sam the Sham

You could also approach your lecturers and ask them if there's any way they can increase your grades by a couple of percent. Generally you get feedback on essays, so maybe you could chat about their comments on your assignments.

If enough are willing, then it might bring you up.

Right. Lecturers love grade grubbers and are always inclined to help them out...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

If there were extenuating circumstances which prevented you from submitting your assignments on time, then you could contact the relevant schools with supporting documentation (if you haven't already submitted it) and see if there's anything they could do and perhaps take it into consideration. However, you should really have done this at the time rather than waiting until your results came out. Unless you genuinely had extenuating circumstances, I would not recommend this as it unfair to those students who really had difficult circumstances yet still managed to submit their work.

If you missed the deadlines due to poor time management or leaving everything until the last minute, then it's your own fault and you shouldn't think about approaching lecturers or the schools. As someone mentioned, it's not just '.09' - it would require a significant improvement in all your modules to pull you up to a 2.1.

Advertisement