Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dreamcast Lot (Please read description)

Options
  • 10-06-2014 10:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭

For Sale:

Dreamcast Consoles x2 (Non working, see below)
    Box & Manuals (No inner carton)
    Keyboard
    Joypads x2
    Light Gun (Official)
    Recoil Pack (for use with gun/pads)
    Visual Memory Unit
    Dreamcast RGB Scart

Both consoles are non working. The non-yellowed one has a black DC splash screen, but doesn't boot any discs. Best I can ascertain is that this is the result of someone not fitting a switch to the bios flashing circuit when then tried to region flash it...in this case, a game disc can overwrite a part of the bios which results in the console losing it's region coding, meaning it has no region and thus no game will boot. This should be able to be rectified by installing the region free bios chip. GD-Rom drive & PSU are perfect in this console, as I've tested them on other consoles.

The yellowed console is an failed region free bios installation I got, & couldn't repair. The region free bios is installed, but the console is a black screen. It's possibly a faulty bios chip, as the installation looks ok & tests ok with a multimeter. Possibly fixable, but I can't say for sure. GD-Rom drive to the best of my knowledge is dead in this console. PSU possibly has issues too. It'd be handy for one of you GDEMU owners maybe, & you could rip the top off the GDROM drive & use it to fix the airflow issues the GDEMU creates.

Games:

Street Fighter III - Double Impact (Mint Condition)
    Resident Evil Code Veronica
    Sonic Adventure (scratched, not sure if works, case not great)
    Chu Chu Rocket (missing case front)

Price: €40

24v09qv.jpg

2nixgr7.jpg

2z4kdnn.jpg

55jde.jpg

29bk28i.jpg

2gvsbd1.jpg

t7xrgg.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Price drop to €40

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Going to order a region free bios & repair this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement