Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help Needed with Carbs

• 10-06-2014 10:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭

Myself and my 17 year old are building a go-cart. As far as we know the engine is a Yamaha FZR250. We have had it running and its quick. We cant get the carbs running well despite our best efforts. The truth is we know nothing about setting them up. So we looking for your help. An chance some one out there would have some free time to give us a dig out. We have tools and space to work. They are Mikuni carbs and may be off a Yamaha xs650. We have stripped and cleaned them. So if you know anything about adjusting them and have some free time please let me know.
    Thanks in advance

Jimmy

jnax.jpggn8gp.jpgpkof2.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭sean61

Would those carbs be a bit big for a 250? I don't know much about them myself but I've read a bit about carbs recently and I think you're better off having them a bit on the small side. Too big and you won't get a great air/fuel mixture. I have no hands-on experience of this though, so don't take my word for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭neamhspleachi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 873 ✭✭✭spiggotpaddy

The jetting will be all wrong with those carbs especially with those pod filters. You either need to get a set of carbs off an fazr 250 or get the correct jets to suit the engine, then check the valve clearances, and balance the carbs.
    It will be far easier to get it running smoothly with a standard airbox with a panel filter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭Jimkil

[QUOTEspiggotpaddy The jetting will be all wrong with those carbs especially with those pod filters. You either need to get a set of carbs off an fazr 250 or get the correct jets to suit the engine, then check the valve clearances, and balance the carbs.
    It will be far easier to get it running smoothly with a standard airbox with a panel filter.
    ][/QUOTE]
    Do u know anyone out out there who would do it as mixer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 873 ✭✭✭spiggotpaddy

Where is "out there"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Put the standard airbox back on it to test it out - only take a few minutes

it'll look vaguely like this one :

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/YAMAHA-FZR-250-AIR-BOX-/111126233065

Advertisement