Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to live near Parkwest

Options
  • 11-06-2014 12:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭

Hi Everyone!

Im starting a job in Parkwest next month and I'm not familiar with the area.

Was just wondering if anyone could point me in some direction and let me know of any nice area's around this place to live. I know there is Ceaderbrook in the area but am just looking for more options.

I would be looking for a flat or apart for 1 person and am willing to share.

I have used Daft but have just searched the Park West area.

Thanks for all your help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

Plenty of apartments in park west. How about Clondalkin if you don't want to live on top of the job ... Within walking distance...woodford area would be nearer to walk..or somewhere near the village of Clondalkin would be a better area..plus your within walking distance of red line Luas.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

From other threads, Park West is meant to be... not the best when it gets dark. Also, read this thread.

There's a train station there that is on the Dublin Heuston to Portlaoise line, that also stops in Celbridge.

Check if there's a shuttle bus to your job, or near to your job, from the train station or shuttlebus. There's a shuttle bus form the Luas, and an express bus from Dublin city centre.

It has a gym I think, but it's pretty much an industrial estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 DetteDublin

If you are walking to work, you would go for Clondalkin, Yellow Meadows, Monksfield, Woodford, Monastery Gate, Monastery Heath or further into the village.

If you are taking public transport, you can get the No.151 up the Nangor Road and go for Grangecastle, Bawnogue, Deansrath, Millpark etc.

Or you can get the Luas to Kylemore and walk up to Park West from there. (bit of a trek though).

Or if are cycling, Palmerstown, Neilstown, Ronanstown, Wheatfield.

Advertisement