Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ladies football in Sydney

Options
  • 11-06-2014 4:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi there. Im a 27 year old girl moving to Sydney from Queensland in a few weeks and I was wondering if there are any ladies gaelic football teams there that are not overly competitive. I haven't played properly in years and my fitness levels wouldn't be up to standard. I love playing and think it would be a great way to meet other Irish as im moving to Sydney alone but ive been told the standard on these teams is high. Failing that is there any other organisations for young irish people in Sydney to meet up with others when they arrive? Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 observed

Just look up NSW GAA on facebook. then look at the teams. Some clubs like Central Coast are very strong at Ladies football but there would be other clubs that would probably have less numbers.
    Another option for meeting people is Sydney Irish Rugby Club. They run mixed tag competitions with loads of teams involved so they would definitely be able to put you into a team.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 natter85

Hey Caroline - I play with ladies football with Young Irelands. We're one of the newer teams in Sydney so we're always on the look out for new players. Can't recommend the club highly enough, I joined up knowing no one involved and have made some great friends there. I'll send you on a PM with some more details.

Advertisement