Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTAV for PS4 | Autumn 2014

Options
  • 11-06-2014 7:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭

I'll probably buy a PS4 now. :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

It certainly does look graphically impressive but until they sort out the heists for multiplayer, I don't see the point in double-dipping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I'm definitely buying it. Didn't know the multiplayer had problems though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Any word on whether it will include new content? That would mean a definite buy from me. As it stands I'll be willing myself not to buy the same game twice.

The upgraded GTA V will include:

Better draw distances
    Improved texturing
    Denser traffic
    New wildlife
    Upgraded weather effects
    Enhanced resolution
    Upgraded car and environment damage effects
    An array of new details to discover
    Video editor for home movies (PC Exclusive)
    Add-On Content for Multiplayer
    Current community of players will have the ability to transfer their Grand Theft Auto Online characters and progression to their choice of PlayStation 4, Xbox One or PC.

Sounds good to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Any word on whether it will include new content? That would mean a definite buy from me. As it stands I'll be willing myself not to buy the same game twice.

No, but there will be some story single player content released this year. There has already been some free DLC released for it so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

unless its very cheap no way will i be buying this again just not worth it after having it on ps3, online is fun at the start but soon grows old

• Registered Users Posts: 6,814 ✭✭✭phill106

Definitely going to get it, as ps3 died right after i bought it :(
    Assume there will be no upgrade form ps3 version like some other next gen titles?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

fcukkers..I just bought a PS3 for GTA5 and The Last Of Us.
    If I had know this last week I'd have bought the PS4 for Infamous and Watchdogs.
    There's sod all on the XB1 to interest me apart from Fifa.

Blazer wrote: »
    If I had know this last week I'd have bought the PS4 for Infamous and Watchdogs.
    There's sod all on the XB1 to interest me apart from Fifa.

TLOU has been known for a while and GTA was strongly rumoured.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Blazer wrote: »

Last of us is on the way aswell, will be soon (8 weeks or so)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Picasso711

Good times.. the pstv looks great too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

ah I'll trade the whole shebang in on Friday and get the Watchdog+Infamous bundle.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

I haven't had time to play multiplayer on the PS3 version.. think I might wait til this is out to delve into it.

Will multiplayer be cross platform?

.ak wrote: »
    Will multiplayer be cross platform?

Doubt it, there are no games that offer cross platform MP except a 1 or 2 titles on the PS4, like Warthunder that let you play with PC players and it never works out fare. Usually free to play games allow it if any and I don't know of any console AA title that allow it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I don't know if am going to bother with it on PS4. Not sure u am going to go even on pc as it is rumorouded that it won't support mods in any form or shape due to online thing.
    It was good game while lasted, but I don't see any point coming back to that story again. Online? Meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭macpac26

Delayed a second playthrough of this as i knew it would be coming to PS4. Hopefully they allow phone calls to come through the dualshock speaker. Little touches like that make a difference. I do love that speaker scared the crap out of me in Ground Zeros as i wasnt expecting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭m_hunter

I will pass on this i guess, more car and people on street is not worth it, unless it's 15 EURO for ps3 upgrade...

Good thing for ps4 GTA is, however, there will be no cheater on this platform... but still not worth more than 15

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

macpac26 wrote: »
    Delayed a second playthrough of this as i knew it would be coming to PS4. Hopefully they allow phone calls to come through the dualshock speaker. Little touches like that make a difference. I do love that speaker scared the crap out of me in Ground Zeros as i wasnt expecting it.

Wasn't a fan of that, it was in Killzone and missed some of the voice messages as i was playing with headphones (from optical port not DS4 3.5mm) and didn't hear it at first.

The phones are simple enough to use the touch pad or maybe some second screen stuff on both.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Definitely going to get it again, playing watch dogs made me want to go back to the fun of gta. I was considering starting a new game on ps3 but I'll trade it in now and wait.

sugarman wrote: »
    How much is it getting on trade ins currently?

CEX will give you €19 for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭ukoda

does anyone know if we can port our current GTA online progress and characters cross platform?

i.e. i have it on xbox 360 at the moment but now i have a PS4, per rockstars website it says that we can port progress, I'm just not sure if we can port cross console?

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭macpac26

In the E3 conference they said you can port your Xbox 360 profile to PS4

ukoda wrote: »
    does anyone know if we can port our current GTA online progress and characters cross platform?

i.e. i have it on xbox 360 at the moment but now i have a PS4, per rockstars website it says that we can port progress, I'm just not sure if we can port cross console?
    macpac26 wrote: »
    In the E3 conference they said you can port your Xbox 360 profile to PS4

They only mentioned your online profile - nothing about single player saves or anything like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Nazri

Don't buy that.

Don't buy what?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

I only cleared the Story once so I won't mind playing it again but ill prob wait until some single player DLC comes out first before I buy hopefully there'll be some at launch.
    Managed to clear it 97.3% on Xbox so I kinda wanna get that 100 after getting so close lol

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    I only cleared the Story once so I won't mind playing it again but ill prob wait until some single player DLC comes out first before I buy hopefully there'll be some at launch.
    Managed to clear it 97.3% on Xbox so I kinda wanna get that 100 after getting so close lol

I doubt any single player stuff will be part of the main story, it'll likely be separate like all the rest of their stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Had it on the 360 and didn't complete it. Ordered it today on amazon, so hopefully I remember to have enough money on my card when it is released. Does anyone know if amazon notify you before taken payment on a preordered item?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    Had it on the 360 and didn't complete it. Ordered it today on amazon, so hopefully I remember to have enough money on my card when it is released. Does anyone know if amazon notify you before taken payment on a preordered item?

They take money about 2 days before before the release date as they are preparing to ship it. So if GTA is out on Friday make sure you have the money in your account on Wednesday. They don't send you any reminders I don't think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

Duffff-Man wrote: »

You can order it on tesco direct and parcel motel it for cheaper then amazon but u have to wait the extra day for it to be delivered with parcel motel. But you do get to pay for it now rather then being charged at release.
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/grand-theft-auto-v-ps4-pre-order-40-using-code-tesco-direct-1939012

Advertisement