Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTAV for PS4 | Autumn 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Bought this on release for my PS3 but didn't play much of it, another one of the list :(

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

According to Smyths it's out on the 26th of September.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Theres also rumours its been delayed to 2015.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

According to Smyths it's out on the 26th of September.

Strange no other info of it being out on the 26th was this just the guy behind the counter saying it, or did they have it written on the preorder boxes?

cloud493 wrote: »
    Theres also rumours its been delayed to 2015.

No never...all rockstar games are released on time they are never delayed...... *cries*

• Registered Users Posts: 35 IhateScalpers

This reminds me of when it was delayed the last time, on the older consoles.
    I was so excited about it just like I am now, deja vu maybe?

It was delayed by about 8 months then I think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Another retailer in America put up a release date of the 18th of November
    http://m.ie.ign.com/articles/2014/09/02/gta-5-retailer-lists-ps4-and-xbox-one-release-date-in-november

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

RockStar just announced Nov 18th as the release date for PS4 & XOne, PC Jan 27 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Sounds like it's going to be a day 1 purchase for me even though I completed it on the 360 last year. 100 new tracks added to the radio stations! PC Master hipsters have to wait till January. Win win all around :D
    Eurogamer wrote:
    The PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions of Grand Theft Auto 5 launch on 18th November, Rockstar has announced.

But the game's PC version will not be available until next year - on 27th January 2015.

The new editions feature "major visual and technical upgrades", Rockstar has promised, including a increased draw distance, new weapons, vehicles and activities, such as wildlife photography.

More animals, denser traffic, better foliage and enhanced damage and weather effects also feature.

As previously reported, the game's radio stations are upgraded. 100 new songs and new DJ mixes will be added.

Pre-order the game and you get $1m of in-game cash to blow on the GTA5 campaign and Grand Theft Auto Online.

Speaking of GTA Online, the multiplayer portion supports 30 players on PS4 and Xbox One. All existing content packs released for the game's PS3 and Xbox 360 versions are also packed in.

Anyone upgrading to the new versions from last-gen consoles will be able to port over their GTA Online profiles, too.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-09-12-grand-theft-auto-5-playstation-4-and-xbox-one-this-november

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

MOAR ANIMALS!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Deadly Derek

I'm delighted PC owners have to wait longer since there always trying to put console owners down with their "superiority"
    big ha ****ing ha to them..
    not all PC owners now, just the master race type

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

I'm delighted PC owners have to wait longer since there always trying to put console owners down with their "superiority"
    big ha ****ing ha to them..
    not all PC owners now, just the master race type

picard_clapping.gif

Not nearly as many people participate in PC gaming in comparison to consoles, and yet a certain contingent of PC gaming expect me to be graced with red carpet privileges.

It seems comes down to "I built this master system from rare earth minerals that I extracted personally from the core of the earth, how am I not entitled to the best?". By all means enjoy the hobby, but don't let it become the hobby horse.

Rockstar don't owe them anything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rb1vOrm9SX4
    New trailer captured on ps4 shadows and lighting look to be way better

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Anyone any suggestions for the best place to preorder GTA from? £44 on Amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

Deedsie wrote: »
    Anyone any suggestions for the best place to preorder GTA from? £44 on Amazon

Also looking to find out...

phill106 wrote: »
    Also looking to find out...

I just ordered off Tesco Direct for £39 + €3.95 delivery with parcel motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭IrishBlaine

thegamecollection.net

Deedsie wrote: »
    I just ordered off Tesco Direct for £39 + €3.95 delivery with parcel motel.

Be careful of tesco direct I preordered there over the summer and when the 1million cash bonus was announced I asked them would I receive it and they didn't seem to know anything about the bonus (even though the page on their website was updated to say that preorders would get the bonus) and in the end I was told I wouldn't get the bonus so perhaps email first and ask.

Be careful of tesco direct I preordered there over the summer and when the 1million cash bonus was announced I asked them would I receive it and they didn't seem to know anything about the bonus (even though the page on their website was updated to say that preorders would get the bonus) and in the end I was told I wouldn't get the bonus so perhaps email first and ask.
    Hi,

I never thought of that. I emailed Tesco, this the reply I received.

From Tesco

"I’m sorry for any confusion regarding the pre-order promotion for $1,000,000 in in-game money for GTA V. Having checked our online listing it is certainly advertised as being a pre-order bonus. Can you advise me when/where you’ve been advised that it is not?

Kind regards,

Faheem Zafar
    Tesco Direct Customer Services"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

New first person mode sounds amazing. Dammit rockstar, i didnt want to buy it again but it looks so good

http://m.uk.ign.com/articles/2014/11/04/grand-theft-auto-v-a-new-perspective

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Whats the story with an upgrade if you already have the PS3 version? Or did I hear this wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

You can carry over your online character and I think thats it as far as upgrading goes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Ill defo get this, just don't know if ill carry my online over or not.

On one hand I wanna start fresh and on the other I want the content for SP :/

• Registered Users Posts: 15,550 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I will most likely upgrade to a PS4 solely for the purpose of doing GTA V all over again, only with better graphics, and the new first person mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

The new features have nabbed me. I think I'll be double dipping. Need to get back into the PS3 version and see how my online character is doing.

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    You can carry over your online character and I think thats it as far as upgrading goes

I never really did the online part! :( Not worth the upgrade?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,550 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

py2006 wrote: »

You should give the online version a go,

I played the story mode twice before going online, (playing it the 3rd time now).

The online is so much fun, so many different things to do, missions, death matches, races etc..

it's a bit weird at first, but give it a try, find your feet, and prepare for a whole new experience of GTA V

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Online is gas craic if you stick with it long enough to unlock decent weapons and get the cash for decent cars. It does involve a fair bit of grinding though but worth it. I'm still playing it almost every weekend with a few mates.

I was on the fence about getting it for PS4 but that new video has me convinced.

Online is gas craic if you stick with it long enough to unlock decent weapons and get the cash for decent cars. It does involve a fair bit of grinding though but worth it. I'm still playing it almost every weekend with a few mates.

I was on the fence about getting it for PS4 but that new video has me convinced.

The first person video?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

The first person video?

Yeah, looks great, not just the first person aspect of it.

Advertisement