Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTAV for PS4 | Autumn 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I wish they would redo economy of Properties in Next gen/pc versions. Properties are just **** and useless investment. Bring back Vice city style of Properties!

I am tempted to pick it up again on PS4 even if I have already finished it on PS3. I liked online aspect, but it was completely ruined experience due to ****y loading times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Ill defo get this, just don't know if ill carry my online over or not.

On one hand I wanna start fresh and on the other I want the content for SP :/

Sheehy posted a quote on the gta forum that you can still play online with your ps3 character after you upgrade your character but any progress for either afterwards is separate.

Here's the quote he posted.
    Character Transfer

You will need a Rockstar Games Social Club account linked to the console accounts used when previously playing GTA Online.
    When entering GTA Online, you will be given the option to transfer your previous GTA Online character and progression data. Once you have chosen to transfer your previous character and progression data, the transferable in-game money, RP and Rank of all previous characters will be displayed. These are the characters that will be transferred to the PlayStation®4 or Xbox One. Once the transfer has completed, you will be prompted to choose a character and enter GTA Online.
    You will still be able to play your existing characters on PlayStation®3 and/or Xbox 360, however any progress made with versions of the characters on those systems after a transfer will remain on those systems only. Any existing PlayStation®4 or Xbox One GTA Online character and progression data will be replaced by the previous character and progression data during the transfer, except for any existing in-game money, which will be combined with your transferred balance.
    All earned in-game money will transfer. Purchased in-game money that has not yet been spent will only transfer within a console family (e.g. PlayStation®3 to PlayStation®4).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Thinking of picking this up myself. Had it preordered on Amazon before but have since cancelled it. Any good deals going anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Can't wait for this. Have it pre ordered on the PSN store. FPS mode and 30 player multi will be epic!

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

RoyalCelt wrote: »
    Can't wait for this. Have it pre ordered on the PSN store. FPS mode and 30 player multi will be epic!

I also ordered it on psn store any idea if we can download the game in advance of the release. My internet isn't the fastest would rather if I didn't have to wait hours for it to download after release

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

It should tell you. When I pre-orderd Drive Club on PSN is showed a countdown clock for the preload to begin and another for the release time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

I'm very tempted with this too. First person looks great. It will put a different spin on it. Unsure about ordering on PSN, as the price is ridiculous in comparison to buying a physical copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

TinCool wrote: »
    I'm very tempted with this too. First person looks great. It will put a different spin on it. Unsure about ordering on PSN, as the price is ridiculous in comparison to buying a physical copy.

US PSN store is your answer

• Registered Users Posts: 29,850 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

US PSN store is definitley the way to go but there is a good chance the 1 Mil preorder bonus is linked to your US account. Happened me with NBA 2K15, got the US version but couldn't use any of the preorder virtual cash on my regular PSN account. The US version allows you to start download 2 days early, not sure if the Euro store allows the same but it really should.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    . The US version allows you to start download 2 days early, not sure if the Euro store allows the same but it really should.

Not for GTAV as it's a world wide release date so the US store will be around 6 hours after the EU store release.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Not for GTAV as it's a world wide release date so the US store will be around 6 hours after the EU store release.

I think he means preloading and not the usual difference in release date.

EU store is usually 1 -2 days before.

The game activation will differ.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Very tempted to get this, I wish it wasn't out the same day as FC3 :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Very tempted to get this, I wish it wasn't out the same day as FC3 :o

November is always the same, at €70 a pop it will be an expensive month.

November is always the same, at €70 a pop it will be an expensive month.

Who's paying €70 a go for a game? €55 tops through Amazon. Or even less through VGP and the US PSN store.

Who's paying €70 a go for a game? €55 tops through Amazon. Or even less through VGP and the US PSN store.

I'll probably just get the digital version of GTA with the bonus cash on the EU store.
    I'll want FC4 on release day too, would I be guaranteed it on Amazon?

I'll probably just get the digital version of GTA with the bonus cash on the EU store.
    I'll want FC4 on release day too, would I be guaranteed it on Amazon?

Yes if you use Parcel Motel and select the Belfast delivery depot. That's how I'm getting GTAV delivered.

Yes if you use Parcel Motel and select the Belfast delivery depot. That's how I'm getting GTAV delivered.

The nearest PM is a good spin away from me, not really worth the hassle TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

sheehy83 wrote: »
    US PSN store is definitley the way to go but there is a good chance the 1 Mil preorder bonus is linked to your US account. Happened me with NBA 2K15, got the US version but couldn't use any of the preorder virtual cash on my regular PSN account. The US version allows you to start download 2 days early, not sure if the Euro store allows the same but it really should.

I just seen this on the Amazon GTA V. There is hardly a code for the US PSN store that you input or do you think it will be already be there on your US account.
    Pre-order Grand Theft Auto V on Xbox One, PS4 or PC at Amazon.co.uk before the release date of 18 November 2014 (Xbox One and PS4) or 27 January 2015 (PC) and you'll receive a code for access to $1,000,000 in-game currency. Your code will be included in your game box received when dispatched.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

double GG wrote: »
    I just seen this on the Amazon GTA V. There is hardly a code for the US PSN store that you input or do you think it will be already be there on your US account.

It will be on your PSN account.
    They don't send physical stuff for digital content.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

70 quid? No thanks, hopefully argos will do it a wee bit cheaper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

If I download from the US Store how will I download future Online DLC? Like ain't it in game downloads

If I download from the US Store how will I download future Online DLC? Like ain't it in game downloads

From the store.

F1ngers wrote: »
    From the store.

But weren't the DLC's ingame downloads on PS3/360?

But weren't the DLC's ingame downloads on PS3/360?

You still have to pay to unlock it.

You still have to pay to unlock it.

What? I'm on about the free DLC's that are already out, now I know they'll be included in the PS4 version but what I'm on about is if I buy from the US Store but play using my Irish account how would I download future free DLC if it's ingame? If you know what I mean

What? I'm on about the free DLC's that are already out, now I know they'll be included in the PS4 version but what I'm on about is if I buy from the US Store but play using my Irish account how would I download future free DLC if it's ingame? If you know what I mean

Most of the Free DLC isn't a separate download, it's just part of the normal game update.

Now if there's ever a separate download that'll need to be bought whether free or not off the US store.

Varik wrote: »
    Most of the Free DLC isn't a separate download, it's just part of the normal game update.

Now if there's ever a separate download that'll need to be bought whether free or not off the US store.

Ah right cheers.

Anyone else buying of the US Store?
    When does the pre-load start and when does it come available to play?

When does the pre-load start and when does it come available to play?

Not sure when pre-load starts, but going by CoD: AW, you get to play it at midnight in the state in which you buy it.

Not sure when pre-load starts, but going by CoD: AW, you get to play it at midnight in the state in which you buy it.

Nice one

• Advertisement

Nice one

It's goes by pacific time, so a midnight launch there is 8am the next morning here.

Advertisement