Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTAV for PS4 | Autumn 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I preordered it today on Irish PSN. It didn't take any money, just told me to have the full amount in psn walllet by launch time. Is that the usual? Will the pre-load still start even though it wont have looked for the money? Also is there even preload in the euro store?

If you don't have the money in your wallet at the time i think it's normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,850 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

RoyalCelt wrote: »
    If you don't have the money in your wallet at the time i think it's normal.

Ah i only had 50 quid in there i thought it would prompt me to add more funds. I wonder so if i will still get access to preload or if i should click preorder again.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭iHateManCity

Will the preload start at midnight on whatever day it's gonna be?
    never pre loaded a game yet and I'm worried about getting it on time with my mediocre Internet the planned maintenance and all the other gamers trying to get it downloaded with how slow psn can be

Will the preload start at midnight on whatever day it's gonna be?
    never pre loaded a game yet and I'm worried about getting it on time with my mediocre Internet the planned maintenance and all the other gamers trying to get it downloaded with how slow psn can be

if you pre ordered and paid it off then it should start tomorrow or the day after probably at midnight.

if you pre ordered and paid it off then it should start tomorrow or the day after probably at midnight.

Cheers.. I haven't paid yet but the money is in my wallet to be taken..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,850 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

It's supposed to predownload Sunday but no one ever knows with the euro psn.

Thanks.. I don't get why Sony allow us to pre load it so long after Microsoft do..

I pressed the download button on gta v but it's downloading to separate files nowhere near big enough to be the game.. wtf

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

They have taken payment this morning so I presume the download will start soon. It will bother me knowing the game in inside my playstation but I wont be able to play it ha!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I pressed the download button on gta v but it's downloading to separate files nowhere near big enough to be the game.. wtf

Go to settings, system storage and applications.
    Click on GTA and you will see it downloading the full game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭brijay

Is anybody's on the U.S. Store downloading ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

F1ngers wrote: »

Mine has only downloaed 2GB of 46GB. Doesnt look like it's doing anymore unless it's all in the background. There is no other notification.

EDIT: Scratch that, it's slowly updating in the background alright. 3GB now!

F1ngers wrote: »

Thanks I didn't realise it worked that way..
    also u noticed I had to start the download myself..
    I was sure I turned on auto download

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Luke92

Just turned PlayStation on. Went into store then library and I was able to start downloading!

Edit: well no, now it has decided to say its downloading GTA V buy has switched from 44GB to 606MB! WTF!!

It does that and downloads in the background... mines on 36gb now so don't worry

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭hangar18_

brijay wrote: »
    Is anybody's on the U.S. Store downloading ?
    no not yet it will start around 8 pm that's when unity started last week for me anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

When is it available to play then? Seen 18th mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

When is it available to play then? Seen 18th mentioned.

Midnight Monday

Was getting worried for a second because I've both far cry 4 and gta 5 per order on the US PSN. I'll be anxiously watching my PS4 in 2 hours time!

Was getting worried for a second because I've both far cry 4 and gta 5 per order on the US PSN. I'll be anxiously watching my PS4 in 2 hours time!
    You can start downloading now from the US PSN. I'm downloading GTA since 6 pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

hangar18_ wrote: »
    You can start downloading now from the US PSN. I'm downloading GTA since 6 pm.
    How long does it take? Can you post when it's complete?

Does downloading the games make no difference to buying them as a disc, as in lag or something.. or it being wiped from the PS4?

PeteK* wrote: »
    How long does it take? Can you post when it's complete?

Does downloading the games make no difference to buying them as a disc, as in lag or something.. or it being wiped from the PS4?
    All depends on your ISP and Sony servers but if you start downloading it now it will be ready to play on Tuesday. Never had any lag on a downloaded game, if any game you download gets deleted by mistake you can download it again for your games library.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Wish argos would hurry up and put their price up :pac:

cloud493 wrote: »
    I'm not sure they'll even have it in stock in time.

Don't say that :( I have faith in a reasonable 58.99 price tag.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

Cant seem to download my preorder :( i ordered it through the computer psn store and the payment has been taken but when i go onto the psn store on my ps4 i still get the option to preorder the game anybody had similar issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

cloud493 wrote: »

It's €63 on their winter catalog

.... well damn it. I'll wait till tuesday and see what happens.

Maybe some Argos stores will have it in stock, but they confirmed for me (Drogheda, when I was there) that they don't have any and can't see any due in and don't get deliveries on Mondays for it to be released Tuesday.
    It's an Argos ''Extra'', too!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭IrishSkyBoxer

Don't think I can justify buying it again tbh

Advertisement