Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTAV for PS4 | Autumn 2014

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

DarkJager wrote: »
    Press options on the Gta V picture on the Ps home screen and you'll see a menu appear. There should be an option there "Check for updates". This will put any available updates for the game in to your download queue.

I think that fixed it, cheers! :D

I wasn't signed into PSN, so I guess if I had done all that, I'd have been OK to begin with. :pac:

I didn't realise I already had a PSN account, so I skipped it just to get the game installed. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

PeteK* wrote: »
    I think that fixed it, cheers! :D

I wasn't signed into PSN, so I guess if I had done all that, I'd have been OK to begin with. :pac:

I didn't realise I already had a PSN account, so I skipped it just to get the game installed. :o

Glad to hear it man, enjoy the game :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

finally got the game working after a 27 hour download, linked my 2 accounts and it says it gave me 500,000 to both online and storymode. Got the 500,000 to my storymode account but my online account not showing up any 500,000, this happen to anybody else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

I just got refunded €5.10 from Amazon for the pre order price protection. Worked out at €54 in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭iHateManCity

Gonzo wrote: »
    finally got the game working after a 27 hour download, linked my 2 accounts and it says it gave me 500,000 to both online and storymode. Got the 500,000 to my storymode account but my online account not showing up any 500,000, this happen to anybody else?

yea me to.. was robbed of 800k online money from then..
    anyone got an email or something to contact rockstar?
    I contacted them by the forums but it was no use

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Was that money you purchased with shark cards or earned in game? Purchased money doesn't transfer with the character.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Just got home, turned on my PS4 and GTA started to install of the disc again? So I'm gonna have to wait for bout 30 mins for the ingame install and also the download the update again.

This happen anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Shane15

Where's the cheapest place to get this at?

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Just got home, turned on my PS4 and GTA started to install of the disc again? So I'm gonna have to wait for bout 30 mins for the ingame install and also the download the update again.

This happen anyone else?
    I did the first mission before installing the patch. (Only because I didn't realise there were patches. Worked fine so far)
    Shane15 wrote: »
    Where's the cheapest place to get this at?
    Possibly Argos. €58

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Are Tesco ireland selling this? Cant wait till christmas!!

Cant see info online confirming tesco sell it and im considering a trip after work in the morning to get it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

EoinHef wrote: »
    Are Tesco ireland selling this? Cant wait till christmas!!

Cant see info online confirming tesco sell it and im considering a trip after work in the morning to get it

seen it there, but for €69.99

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Shane15

PeteK* wrote: »
    I did the first mission before installing the patch. (Only because I didn't realise there were patches. Worked fine so far)

Possibly Argos. €58

Got it from Argos as it was the cheapest I could find, thanks!

seen it there, but for €69.99

Dam:( Thanks for the info,appreciate it. Was hoping closer to €60. Looks like ill wait till tomorrow and argos then. Cant justify €11 more,would have got it if it was €65.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭iHateManCity

DarkJager wrote: »
    Was that money you purchased with shark cards or earned in game? Purchased money doesn't transfer with the character.
    just seen this now.. It was a pre order bonus

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

this is fixed now, got my 800k for online in the latest update patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

The bounty missions for Trevor say that I get $15,000 for completing the bounty but I'm only getting $10,000 and I'm bringing them in alive which should unlock the trophy but it isn't

Just picked this up,couldnt wait till christmas. Also got the pre order bonus of €1 mil even though i didnt pre order. Noticing stores end up having day one editions left over that still include the pre order bonus' which is nice. Same happened with the last of us and its pre order bonus.

Anyway have a night off tonight and really looking forward to getting stuck in:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

Is there any difference buying this on the US PSN store?

Its €69.99 on the Irish one but only $59.99 on the US store..A good €25 cheaper.
    I usually get games like FIFA and Battlefield on Irish store but games like MLB, Watchdogs on US store as not much online play needed. Whats your recommendation, I dont mind paying the extra few quid if its hassle but I dont want to pay and extra few quid if I dont need to.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

I picked up fifa 15+diablo 3 on US PSN and have had no issues online.

I also have GTA but havent logged online as still going through missions in single, but i'm 99% sure there will be no issues, alot of people on this forum would be complaining if there was.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

EoinHef wrote: »
    Just picked this up,couldnt wait till christmas. Also got the pre order bonus of €1 mil even though i didnt pre order. Noticing stores end up having day one editions left over that still include the pre order bonus' which is nice. Same happened with the last of us and its pre order bonus.

Anyway have a night off tonight and really looking forward to getting stuck in:)
    It is a very good game I didn't play it on PS3 and was surprised how good it is. I lost interest in gta4 very quickly but this is in a different league.

• Advertisement

I picked up fifa 15+diablo 3 on US PSN and have had no issues online.

I also have GTA but havent logged online as still going through missions in single, but i'm 99% sure there will be no issues, alot of people on this forum would be complaining if there was.
    Very good point, I just got a little worried as usually the forum is full of "Use the US PSN store" instead of "Argos is way cheaper" I assume it will take about a week to download though, Took about 8 hours for MLB and Watchdogs on us store. Did you do the usual and go via Amazon or use the online PSN cards users sell?

I assume its good, never really played any GTA before but enjoyed Watchdogs alot. Just bored of FIFA and Football Manager already and need a fix. €50 is a reasonable fix I think

iamtony wrote: »
    It is a very good game I didn't play it on PS3 and was surprised how good it is. I lost interest in gta4 very quickly but this is in a different league.

After a few hours i have to say early impressions are very good. Looks great and performs well.

And the controls are quite responsive imo,which is a complaint i had with GTA IV,thought there was a lot of latency which made the controller feel unresponsive imo which put me off. I waited for this on PS4 for that reason. So this feels much better in that respect to me after playing it on a xbox 360 in comparison. Its not perfect but its still better.IV is the only GTA ive not finished,but i just couldnt do it on PS3,for some reason it felt a chore very early for me,i didnt find it fun. I blame the latency of the controls on PS3 as a big factor for me. This feels like fun and OTT so far,which is what GTA should be all about imo

Also so far i feel the driving mechanics are pretty good as well,impressed with the texture work of the cars,they look great and the sense of speed is really good imo:)

Bout to crack open a few beers now and play this game till my controller runs out of battery,should be about 6hrs:)

So i bought an apartment in the online part of the game. Only realised after my mate has the same one and for the sake of a bit of variety decided i should change mine but theres no option to sell. So after a bit of digging i see that while you cant sell it you can trade it in against your next property. Which is fine but i couldnt see if you get exactly what you paid for it back or is there a penalty for selling/trading it?

Right lads, quick one. I ended up getting this on Friday night, very enjoyable I must say but Im a little confused at the online mode. Now I havent played GTA since the very first/second version back 15 years ago? If not longer..

How do I make money online? Is it only via races etc? That seems to get a little boring after 2/3. Whats the whole point of being in the online mode running around with others? I bought this via US PSN store so I dont have any bonus cash add ons etc? What Im getting at is whats the point of the online mode with no missions? Bit thick here sorry lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Right lads, quick one. I ended up getting this on Friday night, very enjoyable I must say but Im a little confused at the online mode. Now I havent played GTA since the very first/second version back 15 years ago? If not longer..

How do I make money online? Is it only via races etc? That seems to get a little boring after 2/3. Whats the whole point of being in the online mode running around with others? I bought this via US PSN store so I dont have any bonus cash add ons etc? What Im getting at is whats the point of the online mode with no missions? Bit thick here sorry lads

In freemode you can mess around killing randomers or join a crew and have some back up. You can join the boards crew, link is in my sig and check out our gta forum.

You can do races, missions, deathmatches, captures and more online.

Online is a lot lot better when you are in a crew.

Proco Jr. wrote: »
    In freemode you can mess around killing randomers or join a crew and have some back up. You can join the boards crew, link is in my sig and check out our gta forum.

Yeah Im joined that crew (scottyccfc) but problem is most others seem to have super cars and apartments and millions in the bank. I think I have 40k :D

I like a game thats structured, roaming around just killing people without gaining anything wouldnt excite me to be fair, suppose its best to stick to story mode in that case?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,822 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Then I'd say you'd be best doing the Online 'Story' missions from one of your contacts like Martin, Ron, etc. On the Boards-ie crew discussion thread in the GTA Thread, people post when they are just trying to make money and/or RP and not just are around, and you can find other people trying to do the same thing.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Then I'd say you'd be best doing the Online 'Story' missions from one of your contacts like Martin, Ron, etc. On the Boards-ie crew discussion thread in the GTA Thread, people post when they are just trying to make money and/or RP and not just are around, and you can find other people trying to do the same thing.

Yeah Ill stick with it for a few weeks and see how it goes. Id say most of the issues here are the fact Im clueles about the game so only way to learn is to "Blow some **** up" I suppose :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Proco Jr. wrote: »

how do i see your sig? and what's the crews name?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,822 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

RoyalCelt wrote: »
    how do i see your sig? and what's the crews name?

I think you have to check your Boards.ie control panel settings and enable Sig's. Our crew is Boards-ie

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/boards-ie

Advertisement