Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***JC 2014 Science - Thu. June 12th 2014 - all levels***

Options
  • 11-06-2014 7:31am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Science (OL and HL)
    Thursday June 12th 2014

All discussion and questions about the Science paper goes here, following the exam. Please do not post predictions or discussion here before the exam.

Usual rules apply. Anyone slagging off another poster about the level they did, or a mistake they made, will be banned for the duration of the exams.

Please keep off-topic chat elsewhere.

Good luck all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Beca19

That was a lovely exam :D

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Xgracie

Nice paper! Defs got a B

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

Xgracie wrote: »
    Nice paper! Defs got a B

Same although I didn't like it

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭MangoMachine

Anyone else finish really early?

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Msrebeckyxo

That was horrible for me :( Be lucky if i get a C with the project :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 jenbar09

I thought biology was great, physics some parts were hard, like the calculating parts. What did ye do for the Oxygen One?? I just drew the electronic configuration of the electrons, 2,6. I didn't have a clue how to draw a molecule.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Gerrymandering reborn

I did good in that. Hoping for a B

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭DanielChester

That was a fairly easy test. I had no clue what that biofuel & hydroelectricity thing came up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭ECM1234

For that graph, did anyone else get a weird number, when they divided 6/1300?

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭emersyn

jenbar09 wrote: »
    I thought biology was great, physics some parts were hard, like the calculating parts. What did ye do for the Oxygen One?? I just drew the electronic configuration of the electrons, 2,6. I didn't have a clue how to draw a molecule.

I drew two of the electronic configuration yokes and I sort of intertwined the outer circles so it looked like they were stuck together? I wasn't really sure at all for that one
    Please tell me the graph at the end was supposed to be curved

• Advertisement

emersyn wrote: »
    I drew two of the electronic configuration yokes and I sort of intertwined the outer circles so it looked like they were stuck together? I wasn't really sure at all for that one
    Yeah, mine was :)

ECM1234 wrote: »
    For that graph, did anyone else get a weird number, when they divided 6/1300?

Yeah I got this too... I just rounded it will I lose marks? D=

I doubt it, :)

Strange I got an even number

Strange I got an even number

How did you do it?

For the test for the density of an apple, i first got the mass from an electronic balance, and then got the volume by putting it in a overflow can & letting it flow into a graduated cylinder, finally divided mass by volume to get density.

How did you do it?

I don't think he's serious.

emersyn wrote: »

Well it was a better attempt than mine was haha. Yea mine was curved too. Did anyone get 96000 as one of the answers?? I think I may have multiplied instead of dividing. How did you do the ferris wheel one??

Well it was a better attempt than mine was haha. Yea mine was curved too. Did anyone get 96000 as one of the answers?? I think I may have multiplied instead of dividing. How did you do the ferris wheel one??

Yeah I got that for the Ferris wheel Q, it was abit strange, to see radius and diameter for science though

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

How did you do it?

I got like 0.0456......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭emersyn

I got the diameter of the ferris wheel and then I multiplied it by the 0.25 seconds given, I rounded the answer to 25 minutes I think

nanook5 wrote: »
    I got like 0.0456......

Same here, I thought I must have done it wrong, but obviously not..,

nanook5 wrote: »
    I got like 0.0456......
    I got 0.40

Yeah I got that for the Ferris wheel Q, it was abit strange, to see radius and diameter for science though

Great :D I'm not the only one. I know right, I was kinda there thinking why didn't they just give one on balancing the moments of something instead.

Yeah, it was a weird question, like I nearly made the mistake of using the radius of the ferris wheel instead of the full circle (diameter). That question is something you'd usually see on a maths paper.

Great :D I'm not the only one. I know right, I was kinda there thinking why didn't they just give one on balancing the moments of something instead.

Exactly!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Scrublord420

I messed up a lot because i keep getting distracted by the bird squaking in the vent above my head uggh i forgot soo much

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Liordi

I got an even number as well, though, I'm pretty sure mine was 6/1200
    As long as it's appropriate to your graph it should be okay.

Did snyone get 1300 for the resistance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Liordi

I know I did the ferris wheel question wrong.
    Really odd to appear on Science and didn't think I would have to use circle formulas in a science exam.

Think I just divided 60/.25

Advertisement