Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***JC 2014 Science - Thu. June 12th 2014 - all levels***

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭i am awsome

Well sh*t! Just realised I did a Bohr diagram of an oxygen element instead of molecule, coes I read the question wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Liordi

Well sh*t! Just realised I did a Bohr diagram of an oxygen element instead of molecule, coes I read the question wrong

What's the difference? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭emersyn

Liordi wrote: »
    What's the difference? :eek:

The question said that oxygen molecules are made up of two oxygen atoms stuck together so I think we had to do two oxygen diagrams and sort of intertwine the edges

ye, you were ment to draw two oxygen atoms in a covelant bond with 4 electrons sharing, and I knew that, but didn't read the questio, ughh, soo p*ssed, would you say I would get half marks?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Oisin4

Did anyone else have to ask for extra paper?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Fifii

What did everyone say for the Antagonistic muscle question? I used X and Y in ny answer not biceps and triceps? Is that very wrong?:)

Fifii wrote: »
    What did everyone say for the Antagonistic muscle question? I used X and Y in ny answer not biceps and triceps? Is that very wrong?:)

Don't think it mattered.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Fifii

Don't think it mattered.
    Yay!I just squished in at the bottom "biceps, triceps" for x contacts and y relaxes and vice versa for the second one:D

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭coolerboy

What did people get for the calculations.
    a)the cuboid question
    b) the ferris question
    c)the work question

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭roisiny

ye, you were ment to draw two oxygen atoms in a covelant bond with 4 electrons sharing, and I knew that, but didn't read the questio, ughh, soo p*ssed, would you say I would get half marks?
    Hi sorry, would you be able to explain where you got this from (its right) I kinda presumed it would be 17 electrons, where does the amount of electrons in each molecule of oxygen come from, or was that meant to be common sense?

• Advertisement

roisiny wrote: »
    Hi sorry, would you be able to explain where you got this from (its right) I kinda presumed it would be 17 electrons, where does the amount of electrons in each molecule of oxygen come from, or was that meant to be common sense?

Log Tables.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭roisiny

Log Tables.

Ahh youre not serious, the amount of stuff I got out of there and I completely forgot about looking there for that q.
    Thanks for youre answer youre super helpful in these forums :)

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭pianoperson

I did the ferris wheel ones by doing the circumference. Think it took about 94 minutes to get around. I was delighted with myself and thought it was a nice question that requires a bit of thought; I even put down "Well played, SEC" on it, complimenting those who set the exam... Having second thoughts now seeing what other people did. I was sure that was how to do it.

I did the exact same, and I was talking to my teacher afterwards and he said that's how he would have done it..... Thought it was a nice too, you had to think...I'm weird okay :p

I did the exact same, and I was talking to my teacher afterwards and he said that's how he would have done it..... Thought it was a nice too, you had to think...I'm weird okay :p

You were ment to use the circumference, but the answer was 25.8minutes, that's what I and like 20 other people got.

You were ment to use the circumference, but the answer was 25.8minutes, that's what I and like 20 other people got.

No, I didn't mean the answer, I forget what I got tbh, just on about the method, as a lot of people seemed to use the diameter as opposed to circumference :)

No, I didn't mean the answer, I forget what I got tbh, just on about the method, as a lot of people seemed to use the diameter as opposed to circumference :)

But the question asked for a full rotation, therfore a rotation would be circumference, the diametre would be just the straight line distance, and I can confirm this as that's what a physics teacher told me after.

But the question asked for a full rotation, therfore a rotation would be circumference, the diametre would be just the straight line distance, and I can confirm this as that's what a physics teacher told me after.

Oh god, I'm not very good at saying what I mean. What I was trying to say, which everyone else has already established, is that you use the circumference of the circle, NOT the diameter. Just ignore me , I seem to be confuzzling everyone Haha

Oh god, I'm not very good at saying what I mean. What I was trying to say, which everyone else has already established, is that you use the circumference of the circle, NOT the diameter. Just ignore me , I seem to be confuzzling everyone Haha

No it's ok! :D Yes you and everyone who said so, is in fact right, you were ment to use the circumference.

Advertisement