Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spotify

• 11-06-2014 8:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭

Trying to get Spotify on my Lumia 925.
    When I downloaded the app, it tells me I can only use it if I have spotify premium. When I go to sign up to spotify and subscribe to premium through facebook, it tells me that it is not supported in the version of IE that's on my phone.

Anyone else have any trouble getting spotify on the nokia lumia 925.

Having a few issues with my lumia, I had hoped Nokia, and Microsoft would get their act together, the apps just seem to be shoddy versions of android/apple versions. I can see why people would go straight back to android/ios.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭wilser

Don't use Spotify myself, but try Nokia mix radio.
    I THINK its similar to Spotify but free, or else try hot music.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,644 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Simple answer: register via another device like a pc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

My concern about doing that was that I pay to subscribe, but then I would be unable to login with my facebook as this is not supported on the windows phone app. and wouldn't be able to benefit from it on my phone which was what I wanted it for.
    But then I found an unique username in spotify that will allow to login to your spotify for devices which don't support the login by facebook feature. It is a long number like a credit card no or something.
    Thanks folks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

Complain to spotify. It won't be changed if you only mention it on this forum.

It would be great if more companies took WP8 seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

TBi wrote: »
    Complain to spotify. It won't be changed if you only mention it on this forum.

It would be great if more companies took WP8 seriously.
    There's already a push for Spotify to bring the Ad-Supported (i.e. Free-ish) streaming to Windows Phone 8 - it's already on PC, iOS and Android.

It's on their 'Coming Soon-ish' List.
    This new update will be available for Spotify Premium subscribers at the beginning. But the recently announced Spotify Free for mobile will also be arriving on Windows Phone – follow us on twitter to keep yourself up to date.
    Source Link

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Spotify is now Free (ad supported) streaming on Windows Phone - you need to download the updated app from the store. Works brilliantly :)

http://news.spotify.com/us/2014/08/26/windows-phone-free/
    Spotify wrote:
    windows-phone-announcement2.jpg?w=640&h=338
    From today, Windows Phone owners can enjoy access to millions of songs across their smartphones for free. Listen to all your playlists, discover new music, or simply sit back and dig into your favourite artist’s entire back catalogue.

Updated for Windows Phone users today – Spotify’s free mobile experience lets you shuffle play

... [snip] ...

We’re also introducing a series of additional improvements throughout the app. Search results look better than ever before, and we’ve made it easier to browse the artists you love and discover related artists you might grow to love.

Spotify is available to Windows Phone 8 and 8.1 users right now, and can be downloaded in the Windows Phone Store.

Advertisement