Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mod making vicious accusations about me

Options
  • 11-06-2014 9:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭

So I have been banned from the LGBT forum for saying that I think it is wrong for people to be naked in public. Apparently this is trolling. The mod in question has allowed many posters to insult me and make very personal comments about me and other posters in the thread, repeated name calling has been allowed in the thread by this particular mod. As there is a group of people that agree with my 'trolling' stance I have been accused of using three different accounts all of which with several thousand posts all in different areas of boards and have no history of ever being linked.

This thread needs a reasonable mod or admin without an agenda to stop the abusive posts being made.

There have been several posts deleted by other posters by the mod who refuses to explain why these posts are being deleted, anything which doesn't support the agenda of people should be free to wear whatever attire whenever they want even around children is being deleted.

In relation to my ban in particular the mod has banned me based on one post that really has nothing wrong with it and then has given a completely different reason in the thread.

In a discussion where there were four posters participating three of us agreed with one viewpoint and there was only one person that disagreed yet I was banned for being the most frequent poster of the majority.

The mod has told me that one reason for the ban is that I am "discriminating against gay people by saying that it is wrong for somebody to walk through Dublin city during the middle of the day wearing nothing but a leather g-string" It's just crazy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

Hi GarIT,

have you talked to the mod in question about the ban? And do you have links to the threads/posts in question?

moderately,
    Scofflaw

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Scofflaw wrote: »
    Hi GarIT,

have you talked to the mod in question about the ban? And do you have links to the threads/posts in question?

moderately,
    Scofflaw

I talked to the mod and he was very blunt about it, he changed his reason/wording for the ban twice when I had proven it was completely undeserved, he then essentially defended into name calling, insisting I am a troll because I am promoting discrimination apparently and calling me a sock puppet, it wasn't overly offensive but still very childish. I can't link to the thread because I can't see the forum it's posted in but as far as I can remember it was called Dublin pride 2014 and would be near the top of the lgbt forum.

I was also hoping you could note that when I was banned a poster completely unrelated to myself asked why was I banned, I was making a good point, this post received several thanks so a lot of people agree I am in the right. Anyway then when this poster made the post the mod gave out to me for posting from another account to make my trolling be more validated, if you look at the other poster you'll see we are obviously different people but the mod was fairly delighted to repeat that he was having my account investigated by admins because apparently I have created several accounts and made several thousands of post on those accounts just to validate my argument, this is really bordering on pure madness.

As requested by the mod, I asked the same question in humanities as was in LGBT and this time nearly everyone agrees with me, so apparently trolling includes posting a completely logical post making a very good point having everyone agree with me except the mod disagrees with the post.

If you could please read the thread you will see that I am making a logical argument and the responses I'm getting it just being called homophobic, a dictator, implying I'm a fachist and a communist and a string of subtle insults, if anything the other poster is the troll. When asked by the mod to drop the issue I did, and even though I said nothing more on the subject a few mins later I receive a ban, the other poster goes on to restart the discussion with the other posters that are supporting me, even after I was gone this poster had to be asked twice to stop and refused, he also got abusive towards other posters but because he is on the same side as the mod the mod refuses to do anything. So I'm gone from the discussion this guy is still ranting and the mod tells me my ban is for not letting the issue drop and trying to force a flame war. I don't understand that at all.

Is it normal for a mod to issue two warnings to a poster and then say nothing when the poster ignores those warnings?

Since I have left the thread there have been offensive posts made about me which have been reported which the mod refuses to remove. A poster not involved in the discussion at all previously came in and said that gay people are scared to express themselves in public because they fear being attacked by people like me.

I want to list one of the posts made very early on in the discussion, the post was directed at me and it essentially read "You are not the dictator of this country, this is not your soviet Russia, you cant tell me I have to obey Irish laws" this was as a response to me saying that being almost naked at mid day in Dublin city centre is wrong. People can make comments like this and I am the troll? I don't understand it at all.

OK, this took more than a little chewing and discussion. Your opinion is certainly provocative in the LGBT forum, but that's not an offence. Your willingness to continue the conversation about the issue in Humanities suggests the issue was the issue rather than anything else.

Against that I have to set your recent post in Christianity, which was also highly provocative.

On balance I think that you're due the benefit of the doubt, and I'm willing to overturn the ban on that basis. However, you've now posted provocatively in two fairly hair-trigger forums in fairly short order, so I have to consider that as well.

What I'm going to suggest is that I overturn the ban, but that if there's another similar incident of provocative posting in the near future, I'm going to apply retrospectively the rule that "once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, three times is enemy action", and permaban you from LGBT, Christianity, and whatever other forum it happens in, because at that stage whether you're deliberately causing offence or accidentally causing offence will no longer really matter.

I'm not going to deal with the behaviour of other posters within this DRP - I've looked through the threads, and behaviour that seems to warrant cards has been carded, and that's not really then anybody's business but theirs.

You don't have to take this offer, and you can apply for an Admin review, but I'm not sure that any better offer is likely to emerge.

moderately,
    Scofflaw

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

I suppose that's fair enough, it's not worth the effort fighting the issue anymore even though I think the mod is pushing his own agenda.

OK - ban lifted, so.

moderately,
    Scofflaw

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement