Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calls on my busines phone number 1800 rather than your 1890

Options
  • 11-06-2014 9:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭

Hello,

Let me start by saying that i've had a personal bad experience with Bank of Ireland...

My business number is 1800 365 121 and i have it for more than 3 years.
    Recently,I keep getting around one call a day from people asking to speak with various people in Bank of Ireland Premier Banking for a loan or to check a status of an application !
    Keep saying that the bank cannot afford a 1800 so to call them back on a paid 1890 number. :)

Just now a caller despite informing him that he reached my business phone number and im an  IT Consultant,he began talking "with Brian" about his loan documents !!! I have his caller ID on my screen here...

My issue here...
    -i want to ask the caller where did he got this phone number,the 1800 rather than the 1890
    -i want to make sure that the BoI advertises 1890 ratehr than 1800
    -i need to check if the staff gives out the 1890 rather than 1800
    -i need to make sure that i do not break the law and that i cannot be rude on the phone as is my business line.

All above been true and validated by my logic... my biggest question here is ...can I process the caller's loan application over the phone OR take his details and call him back..or call you !???

Thanks
    Regards

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi Ctrl Alt Del,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards. 

We can confirm that we do not have any 1800 numbers and that staff would not be giving out an 1800 number to customers. We would only advertise 1890 or 0818 numbers on our website and documentation.

The number people would be looking to call when they mistakenly call your own business number would be 1890 365 121 for Bank of Ireland Premier Banking. 

Unfortunately this would be something that is out of our control. Apologies we are unable to help you further with this. 

If you need help with anything else, please let us know. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Ctrl Alt Del

Hello,

A quick update...

Called Eircom and asked them to restrict receiving calls originating only from 01 area.
    Most of my clients are only in this area anyway.

If you receive calls from users complaining that they cannot the call to your Premier Banking line...you have the answer above ! :)

Thanks.
    Regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Paula C

Thank you for the update Ctlr Alt Del, we will certainly pass your comments onto our Premier Team for review.

Thanks,
    Paula C

Hi Paula,

Just to give you an update here... :)
    Getting calls now even Sunday,told them im not BoI ,they keep calling me even twice.
    Also,the new toy that i found is that some smarties from 01 area are leaving voice mails on my voice mail with their details.

I'm going to have fun now...
    Can i work on commission with you guys |?

Hello,

A short update, just in case people call you and complain that no one calls them back...

I have few voice messages from people inquiring about their application,account and so on.
    I can't bother reading and writing down their details...for now !
    They even leave their personal details !!!

Got a phone call from Greek Embassy today...they have asked me about the update on their credit card application !
    What should i tell them,as i spoke over the phone for few minutes  !?? :)
    That the ECB / IMF "banks" are closed !?

Regards

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Hello,

A short update, just in case people call you and complain that no one calls them back...

I have few voice messages from people inquiring about their application,account and so on.
    I can't bother reading and writing down their details...for now !
    They even leave their personal details !!!

Got a phone call from Greek Embassy today...they have asked me about the update on their credit card application !
    What should i tell them,as i spoke over the phone for few minutes  !?? :)
    That the ECB / IMF "banks" are closed !?

Regards
    Hi Ctrl Alt Del,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie

I have notified our Premier Team that you are receiving these calls and they are arranging for a reminder of the Premier phone number to be issued to their customers.

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks

Nicola

Hello,

Trust all ok with you.

Not sure if you work today but I am getting desperate calls from one of your client that has issues with his VISA card and want a new one reissued.
    Got at least 7 (seven) calls and I have reached the desperation, the fcuking boiling point today !!!

His number is 01 561 56xx
    I can give you his full number by PM.
    Call the poor "I have no words" and sort out his problems, please so that I can enjoy my day, please !!!?
    OR...can I take his details and pass it over to you !?

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Hello,

Trust all ok with you.

Not sure if you work today but I am getting desperate calls from one of your client that has issues with his VISA card and want a new one reissued.
    Got at least 7 (seven) calls and I have reached the desperation, the fcuking boiling point today !!!

His number is 01 561 56xx
    I can give you his full number by PM.
    Call the poor "I have no words" and sort out his problems, please so that I can enjoy my day, please !!!?
    OR...can I take his details and pass it over to you !?

Thanks.

Hi Ctrl Alt Del,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.
    I'd ask you to request that the person calls our general number of 0818365365 (or 0035314044000 if they're abroad) and the advisers there will be happy to look after them.
    Thanks again,
    ^Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Interesting that BOI didn’t give out the 014044000 number to somebody in Ireland, only if they’re abroad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: John

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Interesting that BOI didn’t give out the 014044000 number to somebody in Ireland, only if they’re abroad.

Hi Colm_mcm

Thank you for getting in touch.

Our 00 353 1 number is there for customers who need to talk to us when abroad. The 0818 number is our general customer service number. Any charges that are incurred making these calls are charged by the phone providers not BOI.

Thanks

John

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭vectorvictor

Any charges that are incurred making these calls are charged by the phone providers not BOI.

You left out the part where the telecoms company then shares that revenue with BOI. That's the only reason an 0818 number is in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Ctrl Alt Del this thread just caught my eye on the hine page.

Can you set up one of those automated messages when someone calls, informing them that it is not BOI.

I also find it slightly strange that you're using a free phone number for an IT Consultancy business. Surely customers wouldn't mind calling a normal local phone number.

Just my opinion, it's your business :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Hi Colm_mcm

Thank you for getting in touch.

Our 00 353 1 number is there for customers who need to talk to us when abroad. The 0818 number is our general customer service number. Any charges that are incurred making these calls are charged by the phone providers not BOI.

Thanks

John

May I make the suggestion that you publish a geographic number in 2019 as pretty much everyone that uses a mobile phone (that’s pretty much all of your customers, for quite some time) either have a prepay phone with either free landline calls or a certain number of inclusive minutes - or a bill pay phone with inclusive landline minutes.
    0818 numbers are from an era where making a national call vs a local call was a big deal, Hense the locall 0818 numbers.

If BOI isn’t making anything out of these calls, and they actually want people calling them (?) - then it would make sense to remove this antiquated obstacle.
    Call charges to 0818 numbers:

Tesco Mobile : 20c per min

Eir Mobile : 15c per min

Vodafone Landline : 4.5c per min plus 9.8c connection fee.

Virgin landline : 4c per min (min charge 15c )

Eir landline : 5.2c per min plus 9.66c set up fee. (1.34c per min off peak)

Three Mobile : 34.56c per min (Billpay) ; 29.48c per min prepay.

Vodafone Mobile : Calls are deducted from your price plan minutes first, then mobile to landline rates are charged as per your price plan

Advertisement