Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Event] Quiet Man Sprint

Options
  • 11-06-2014 9:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I know most people on here are doing Kilkee but I was wondering if anyone is doing the Quiet Man in Cong on the Sunday? Nice course and very well organised event.

I was thinking of entering but I've decided against it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭woody1

hope to be there but it may just be in cheerleader / babysitter capacity, better half aiming to do it, if i can get someone to take kids il do it as well.. seems to be a good few from liquid motion talking about going to it..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I'll be there with the OH

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

pgibbo wrote: »
    I know most people on here are doing Kilkee but I was wondering if anyone is doing the Quiet Man in Cong on the Sunday? Nice course and very well organised event.

I was thinking of entering but I've decided against it.

thought you were in for kilkee?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

mossym wrote: »
    thought you were in for kilkee?

I've had to pull out of Kilkee. Sold my entry :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

I've had to pull out of Kilkee. Sold my entry :(

Hes dodging Green and Red, he was in for Cong as well till he heard the Mayo Goliath was doing it ;)

99% certain I will be doing The Quiet Man as well, a rare saturday work outing should not extend into sunday

Will have to wear the 2 piece, my Aldi one is a bit see through and its a bit cheeky wearing the old club gear so I will have to skip breakfast that day :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Green&Red wrote: »
    I'll be there with the OH

There should be 2 prizes heading home with ye that evening so! :cool:

There should be 2 prizes heading home with ye that evening so! :cool:

Womens should be very competitive if Celia and Edel are in, that Connolly girl is very strong on the run too but the two fish should have a massive lead coming out of the water. Is Marie Boyle entered as well, her swimming has come in well so she will be in contention as well

Mens should be a cakewalk for Green and Red

The man with one arm and a broken bike!I'll be happy to get out of the water at this stage.

I presume thats Edel Tighe, strong girl. Lorraine Carey could easily be up for it as well

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭rodneyr1981

The man with one arm and a broken bike!I'll be happy to get out of the water at this stage.

I presume thats Edel Tighe, strong girl. Lorraine Carey could easily be up for it as well

I'm in too. HOW transferred unfortunately. QM Nice race all the same.
    More sandbagging by G&R

I'm in too. HOW transferred unfortunately. QM Nice race all the same.
    More sandbagging by G&R
    Well theres a man that finished a minute ahead of me last time and that was with a longer bike route, sure what hope do I have :(:o

• Advertisement

Rumor has it u were too upset to run after bike incident...

Bike fixed/replaced?

Ya i sat down for a 5 minute cry alright but they took that out of my chip time, compassionate leave

Bike is currently in for repair, hoping to have it back next week :D

Still no bike :(

Will be doing it on the new road bike.

Catweazle, rodney are ye still doing it?

As per usual I left it too late to register but fair play to them a few calls got it sorted so yes I will be there for your coronation

Wearing the K-Swiss suit so thats a good sign anyways :cool:

Still no bike :(

Will be doing it on the new road bike.

Catweazle, rodney are ye still doing it?

Yip that's the plan anyway. Any idea on what kind of numbers they are expecting?

Yip that's the plan anyway. Any idea on what kind of numbers they are expecting?

Who knows, I know TI will always have scheduling problems with all the races these days but for the few amount of sprints held in Connacht to have two club races on the same day is ludicrous

I would expect a lot of others will be doing Kilkee the previous day and understandably wont be up for a sprint the following day

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭086Jazzy

just wish to thank the organisers TriLakes for the fantastic event that took place yesterday. I was blown away by the friendly atmosphere and the goody bag was a nice surprise compared to others that i've received at some of the 'better known' events. Hope to be back next year.

Well organised event, although it was the worst triathlon I've ever done personally. Slow swim, my saddle dropped to the base after 2k of the bike, so a terrible bike split and mentally shot.

Lovely location though and the run was beautiful, lots of roots on the trail run but they were well highlighted with white paint.

One comment I did have was on the turnaround for the bike, the marshall was standing in the middle of the road, I presumed she was the cone/turnaround, whereas when I got to her she was pointing to a yellow mark on the road 5 yards in front of her. Which the two lads coming behind me did she as she was then pointing to it, so I lost two spots over that.

CW, the OH apologises again, she felt awful bad. Apparently a lot of people had gone wrong out of transition.

CW, the OH apologises again, she felt awful bad. Apparently a lot of people had gone wrong out of transition.

I reckon you knew you were on a bad day and for fear of me catching you on the run you tipped her the nod to scupper me. :D

Lovely day for it and great course - delighted I entered!

There was that alright

One other small complaint is the relays, why were they not sent off in the second wave?
    I think it would be nice for the first across the line to be the actual winner and not a relay thats won by a mile

• Advertisement
Advertisement