Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

B.A.R.E In The Woods - 14th June, Portarlington

Options
  • 11-06-2014 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭

Has anyone seen this tasty little festival, http://bare.ie/ that's happening this weekend in Laois?

It's only €30, but me an 5 others got tickets at an early bird price of €20. An absolute bargain with some very good bands, BYOB and free camping.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Sunny86

I manage two bands playing, was out at the festival site, it probably one of the prettiest well thought out festival sites i have seen in Ireland. Crannog they build is crazy structure. Looking forward to it.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,625 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

ill be there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭BUBBLES1978

ME TOO:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

They seemed to leave it very late to put ads out for this, this is the first I've heard about this, so many small cool festivals happening in Ireland these days.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭burstbuckle

They seemed to leave it very late to put ads out for this, this is the first I've heard about this, so many small cool festivals happening in Ireland these days.

I'm a local & I only heard about this 3 days ago on here

• Advertisement

I'm a local & I only heard about this 3 days ago on here

There been Signs up for the last two weeks albeit in neighboring towns. It's also been all over Facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Hoochiemama

WTF was with all the aggro at this festival??? Saw so many people in fights!

saw nobody fighting but did hear there was some fights at the end of the night. there is always going to be an element of that :mad:

other that that i have to say it was an amazing day the whole set up was lovely, natty wailer was brill, roll on next year:D

It was such an amazing festival! Really loved it. So much heart and soul went into it.

Went to sleep listening to a guy getting the sh*t kicked out of him.

Woke up in the morning at 10.30 to hear someone being threatened with a chain saw (ill come back with a chain saw) and about 20 minutes later saw another guy getting the sh*t bet out him

Seemed like local scummers were causing trouble which is so annoying cos the place was perfect apart from that.

The Crannóg was amazing!

It was such an amazing festival! Really loved it. So much heart and soul went into it.

Went to sleep listening to a guy getting the sh*t kicked out of him.

Woke up in the morning at 10.30 to hear someone being threatened with a chain saw (ill come back with a chain saw) and about 20 minutes later saw another guy getting the sh*t bet out him

Seemed like local scummers were causing trouble which is so annoying cos the place was perfect apart from that.

The Crannóg was amazing!

A guy who had been robbing people was caught and tied up. They threatened him with a chain saw to scare the little sh!t ... then beat him up for good measure, before handing him over to the gards.

• Advertisement

sydthebeat wrote: »
    A guy who had been robbing people was caught and tied up. They threatened him with a chain saw to scare the little sh!t ... then beat him up for good measure, before handing him over to the gards.

yes unfortunatly this is one of our lovely local scumbags who just come to casue havoc and proper order the way he was sorted out ;)

Hahaha ok. I dont feel sorry for him getting the chainsaw threat now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

This was a great little festival that I hope gets better next year. The site looked amazing, like a miniature Body and Soul. Huge credit to the organisers on it. What could be improved is more toilets as there was queues all day lone to them - 6 wasn't enough! It would be great to see it expanded into a two day event next year.

Music wise, there was much to enjoy - There was great performances from Elastic Sleep, The Vincent(s), Conor Linnie, Radioactive Grandma & Sounds Of System Breakdown.

Advertisement