Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dvr to wifi network connection for remote viewing

Options
  • 11-06-2014 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi folks if I had hair I'd pull it out Please advise I have a Digiview pro cctv system and Vodafone mobile wifi R 206 the CCTV came with a wifi dongle connection by the way I have gone through the instructions and downloaded the app myeyepro v2 but for the life of me I cannot view my cams remotely I as far as I can see have a Dynamic ip even though the system recommends a Static it says not essential iv put in all the info required and gave the Dvr a similar IP address and pinged it so not to clash with my network the Dvr finds my network I enter my key password but nothing Myeyepro just fails to connect I also went through the software on windows 7 and tried explorer and tried to get a network engineer [who aren't interested] out called the CCTV helpline who again not interested ... Losing the will to live here please help :/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Your post is almost impossible to read and I'd guess most wouldn't bother ! Try punctuation ?!

From what I can understand from the words you are trying to access a CCTV system over the internet from a phone app - is that right ?

Most internet connections in homes use dynamic IP addressing, it's possible to request a fixed address from most providers. An alternative to a fixed IP is a Dynamic DNS service like DynDNS or NoIP.

This will get you as far as the WAN side of your router, from there you need to get to your internal LAN. This will more than likely involve opening some ports and directing the traffic to the CCTV unit.

Ken

Advertisement