Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

On Campus in second year

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭The green and red

DaisyFay wrote: »
    I think google can only timestamp them to sixtieths of a second which isn't much good given the volume of emails that they'd get even in the 1st minute. Mine was received at 9:00:01, literally as close to 9:00 as possible and I was over 300 on the list yesterday.

The evidence would suggest that they completely ignored these time stamps

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Caireann

DaisyFay wrote: »
    I think google can only timestamp them to sixtieths of a second which isn't much good given the volume of emails that they'd get even in the 1st minute. Mine was received at 9:00:01, literally as close to 9:00 as possible and I was over 300 on the list yesterday.

How do you find out what time they were received at?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭DaisyFay

You open the email that you sent and on the right of the screen, to the right of the reply arrow, is a down arrow. Click this, and click 'show original', which shows all the details of the email.

Actually I rang the office there and they said that no one there has any idea whats happening either. They should update the information next Wed but they don't know what changes they're making. They don't know if the places currently on the waiting list still stand or if numbers will be reallocated.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,983 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

I'm in the postgrad and final years category so slightly more places available but I'm truly amazed at how much they've managed to screw this up. The previous system, while not perfect, at least allowed us to find out our position straight away. Now I'm left wondering whether I'll be bumped out of the top 475 or so. My email was received at 9:00:02. Not knowing until Wednesday is costing people a valuable few days of potential house hunting time.

On top of that, this new system comes alongside another fairly sizable increase in fees for accommodation yet it completely fails. Res has to sort it's act out.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 hyper_on_water

Awh, Res finally thought to send us an email. How considerate of them. <3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Fiach M

I rang res in the past half hour, my email was 9:00:07, and i was 449 on wednesday, i thought with all this kerfuffle there could have been a mistake, but the guy said that it was probably an accurate number. he said they got thousands of emails in the first few seconds and that demand for campus accomodation had rocketed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 F7Z

My timestamp is 9:00:00 EXACTLY (don't ask how) and I got 550 or so on the wait list. Was depressed for a few days there until I heard they were rechecking the rankings. Another colossal cock up, last year it's "wait list will be opened at any time this morning" leaving thousands sitting at their computer all day (it ended up opening at a completely random 11:13 am IIRC) and now this. Maybe this whole "first come first serve" stance needs to be revised. Anyway does anyone know if the first offers sent out (that have had their deposit paid) will be cancelled? It would be a bit unfair if those rooms were gone now but then again this is UCD residences and here I am talking about fairness... random come random serve with needless stress for everyone in between

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Caireann

There's some sour grapes. I didn't get an offer on day one but I still think it'd be unfair if people who have paid their deposits and have forgotten about the whole thing were suddenly told they've lost their rooms. As far as I know they don't know anything about our situation, they didn't receive the update email.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 konks

We continue to work with IT Services to rectify the technical issues that affect Senior and Continuing students. We will not be making further offers until this process has been completed. This may impact on the wait lists currently in place.

We apologise for any continued inconvenience and will communicate directly with students on the waitlist by email over the coming days to give further feedback.

We will be posting an update on this website by 12 noon on Wednesday the 2nd July 2014.

If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact us

So another week of waiting with no real update...

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Bacon and Cabbage

Where did ya see that?

• Advertisement

On the residences site.

Whereabouts? I'm on the site and don't see any update

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Tara_Rxxx

This is absolute balls. Nearly better off looking for off campus and having it sorted than waiting around for Ucd to get their **** together 👿

Mine still says the 25th of June anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 conroyxoxo

Another week of paranoia and fear that I'll be homeless so..

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Scooples

I seem to have been placed on the senior list instead of continuing years list, Im number 132 so hopefully the list mix up wont fcuk things up

Same thing here, my friend rang and apparently if you're in second year Arts then you're classed as a senior! Probably because it counts for 50%.

Just checked my email and my email was received 09.00.03 and I originally got 490, so no idea what the story is at all.

Any word out of these clowns no?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Fiach M

not even getting an answer on the phone...

Aaaand nothing still. this is ridiculous.

I emailed res there and got this response:
    'Dear Student,

Apologies for the delay with the update.

We do wish to have the update on-line at some point today.

It can take some time for our website to receive any updates to its content.

We will not be sending any offers out today in order to give notice of the resumption of offers.

The update today will simply be an information update.

Kind regards,

UCD Residences'

• Advertisement

conroyxoxo wrote: »
    I emailed res there and got this response:
    'Dear Student,

Apologies for the delay with the update.

We do wish to have the update on-line at some point today.

It can take some time for our website to receive any updates to its content.

We will not be sending any offers out today in order to give notice of the resumption of offers.

Kind regards,

UCD Residences'

That would seem to mean that we'll at least find out our place on the waitlist today.

That would seem to mean that we'll at least find out our place on the waitlist today.

I got this...

Apologies for the delay with the update. We continue to work to rectify the issue and will post a further update tomorrow Thursday 3rd July 2014 at 12 noon.

We will not be sending any offers out tomorrow, in order to give notice of the resumption of offers.

Kind regards,

UCD Residences.

Anything?

Anything?

No. Maybe they should stop putting noon if they can't post it at noon.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Tara_Rxxx

I rang them and they said they will put something up in the afternoon...so they say

Tara_Rxxx wrote: »
    I rang them and they said they will put something up in the afternoon...so they say

Why bother specifically saying "at 12 noon" then?

'Latest update:

We continue to work to rectify the issue and apologise for any further inconvenience caused. We will post a further update tomorrow Friday 4th July 2014 at 12 noon.'

What an unreliable bunch..

conroyxoxo wrote: »
    'Latest update:

We continue to work to rectify the issue and apologise for any further inconvenience caused. We will post a further update tomorrow Friday 4th July 2014 at 12 noon.'

What an unreliable bunch..

Someone should tell them that telling us there will be an update is not a real update.

This is pure insanity.

Moved to Tuesday now :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭mixery

this is turning into a joke...

Advertisement