Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

On Campus in second year

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭DaisyFay

I rang the office there and I have no idea what technical issues they're trying to resolve thats taking so long because I was told that our previous places on the list really won't be changed much at all... They genuinely have no idea what they're at either.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 conroyxoxo

I wouldn't be surprised if they prolonged it out even further until august or something... there's only so many days a person can spend sitting in front of their laptop before going mad..

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭The green and red

so what are the odds that we'll actually be getting an update tomorrow, or just another extension of this madness?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 konks

so what are the odds that we'll actually be getting an update tomorrow, or just another extension of this madness?

I'm not getting my hopes up.

konks wrote: »
    I'm not getting my hopes up.

Im inclined to agree unfortunately, i find it amazing that we've been giving so little information on the matter. The result of this process isnt exactly frivolous

• Advertisement

Im inclined to agree unfortunately, i find it amazing that we've been giving so little information on the matter. The result of this process isnt exactly frivolous

Indeed. I'm coming from the USA as a post-grad and I can't even begin to think about booking my flight until I have some idea where I am on the wait list...I was within the allocation the first time around but not by much.

Indeed. I'm coming from the USA as a post-grad and I can't even begin to think about booking my flight until I have some idea where I am on the wait list...I was within the allocation the first time around but not by much.

Not ideal at all! I've heard it said that the original list will essentially be torn up so Im uncertain too, despite being well within the limit.

Not ideal at all! I've heard it said that the original list will essentially be torn up so Im uncertain too, despite being well within the limit.

Right. I would be much less annoyed if they were being a little bit more transparent with what actually happened. I don't see how they couldn't have just manually gone through the emails in this amount of time to get positions on the list...

Right. I would be much less annoyed if they were being a little bit more transparent with what actually happened. I don't see how they couldn't have just manually gone through the emails in this amount of time to get positions on the list...

I had no doubt at all that they would do exactly that and we'd be up and running in no time at all. Perhaps pride stood in the way of common sense and they're trying to salvage the failure of a system.

I had no doubt at all that they would do exactly that and we'd be up and running in no time at all. Perhaps pride stood in the way of common sense and they're trying to salvage the failure of a system.

At this rate it wouldn't surprise me if the update was that we need to resend our emails on the 16th.

• Advertisement

At this rate it wouldn't surprise me if the update was that we need to resend our emails on the 16th.

Its a distinct possibility, although I would presume that they'd have done so immediately if it were necessary

Its a distinct possibility, although I would presume that they'd have done so immediately if it were necessary

I hope so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 F7Z

Didn't expect much to be honest but this is still taking the piss. Anyone know if you can lodge a complaint against residences with UCD or are they separate from that? Wont be going for campus in the future anyway

Anybody seeing anything...?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Tara_Rxxx

Nothing. This is actually getting ridiculous at this stage, and they are totally leaving us in the dark about everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 conroyxoxo

It's all very secretive... I reckon we should get the media/public in on this because it really is ridiculous

It shouldn't take rocket science to sort this out...

Or to post an update when you say you will.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 AdamH95

Heard a rumour the final update is out at some stage tonight, but it's just that, a rumour.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,983 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

AdamH95 wrote: »
    Heard a rumour the final update is out at some stage tonight, but it's just that, a rumour.

Friend rang up and was told the same. Sisweb is down at the moment so I'm hoping a big update is on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Caireann

I'm so nervous. I've chewed all my nails down to the end waiting for this update

• Advertisement

Caireann wrote: »
    I'm so nervous. I've chewed all my nails down to the end waiting for this update

"Our final update to tell you none of you get accommodation this year, sorry!"

Sisweb is down for an unrelated issue.

UCD Connect & Business Systems outage Tuesday 8 July 5pm-7pm
    What is happening:
    Due to essential maintenance, access to both UCD Connect and all Business Systems will be unavailable during our regular Tuesday evening maintenance-window, 5pm - 7pm, next Tuesday 8 July. Email, Calendar and Google Drive will still be available via Direct Logins. We apologise for any inconvenience caused at this time.

When is this happening:
    Between 5pm and 7pm Tuesday 8 July

Who is affected:
    All users of the business systems which will be unavailable during this time:

Banner & SISweb (Student & Staff)
    Information systems - Infoview, Infohub and Webxi
    CMIS Timetabling
    CoreHr - Client & Portal including Financial planning
    Efinancials - Client, E-Procurement and DBarchive
    MyUCD
    RMS
    JIRA

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭teotihuacan

this is sheer and utter b*llucks

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Caireann

"We continue to work to rectify the issue and sincerely apologise for any further inconvenience caused. We will post a further update Wednesday 9th July 2014 at 12 noon."

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Bacon and Cabbage

Shower of basterds

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭teotihuacan

Thats not even a *****ng update! Why cant they simply post an update containing the following:

-Details of the original issue
    -What is being done to rectify it
    -Progress of said rectification
    -What will happen after it has been fixed

Scandalous shower of c*nts in that place.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭shivpepper

How is this delay even possible?

This is total bull****. 8 hours late to post that same **** again. Unreal.

So much for that "final update" stuff.

I rang today and the lady said that apparently the update this evening would provide info about booking rooms and whatever- obviously they dont have a clue either

• Advertisement

Would it be anymore use contacting UCD IT services directly rather than Res?

Advertisement