Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

On Campus in second year

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 konks

Fiach M wrote: »
    They could at least randomly allocate to the people applied in the first minute or two, that would be fair...wouldnt it.
    i dont see why they couldnt go through the inbox manually and pick the first 638 students. should we still lodge a complaint or do we just have to live with this

I'm sure you could lodge one but I don't think it'll get anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Scooples

So basically you could get a ranking of about 2000 and then have no chance whatsoever, regardless of when you sent your email or how much you wanted it. To be honest i think this is a bit ridiculous after everything, if they reverted to the old system that would have made more sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Dapics

Thats a 1 in 4 chance of getting a place.

I may as well have just had a sleep in till 1 o clock and then applied based on this outcome.

Dapics wrote: »
    Thats a 1 in 4 chance of getting a place.

I may as well have just had a sleep in till 1 o clock and then applied based on this outcome.

Less than that. 2,500 students was the first 3 minutes, not the whole 3 day period.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Caitdef

Incredibly flawed! I fear to think what would happen the process now if we were to complain about the new system! You'd be lucky to have a place for Hallowe'en

• Advertisement

This is the way it should probably be done anyway, but from the start, not midway through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭haro124

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Caireann

Ah that's my article!! She left out a lot of what I said though.. Still it's a start

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 F7Z

What a load of complete bollocks. Feckless twits the lot of them

Student Union has made a statement.

• Advertisement

konks wrote: »

Where?

Caireann wrote: »
    Where?

Wont let me post link as a new member but its on their Facebook and there is a link to it on their twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭teotihuacan

konks wrote: »

Another shower of w*nkers

• Registered Users Posts: 30 hyper_on_water

Any idea what time we should anticipate a release?

Any idea what time we should anticipate a release?

I emailed them earlier, Residences doesn't have an exact time I guess IT is handling it, they said later this evening on sisweb.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 nimnom

No 168 final yr,guess ill get a place. Phew

Number 702. I'm ****ed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Fiach M

320 continuing undergrad, thats what, 100 from getting a place?

Anyone have any idea on how they're allocating these 638 rooms? It's very vague

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭shivpepper

Number 570 on final years so I'm screwed. I had number 158 on the list before all this carry on. Thanks UCD for making a balls of it as usual!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,983 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Number 403 on the final year list. I'd be hopeful of a place in proby. Fingers crossed enough people pass on Blackrock

• Registered Users Posts: 30 hyper_on_water

226... Might get main campus if lucky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 F7Z

417 continuing... guess thats no campus for me even though I sent my email at 9:00:03, but thats the way of the world you get f*cked at every opportunity

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭DaisyFay

Number 700, and I was originally 300ish and would have got a place with that (probably off campus, but still). I genuinely cannot believe the complete shambles that res managed to make of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭The green and red

484 senior..... thanks UCD

Caireann wrote: »
    Anyone have any idea on how they're allocating these 638 rooms? It's very vague

"Yes it is broken down into categories - 230 for continuing and 408 for senior years.

Kind regards,"

There you go.

In the meantime, anyone looking for roommates? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Fiach M

I literally have no back up plan so...yes

I am...I'm coming from the US and have no idea what I'm doing...haha

• Advertisement

I'm desperate!

Advertisement