Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The O&O 2014 World Cup Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

Bollllliiixxxx.

Ah well supported, Layinghen, great game

Best of luck in the next round, hope you are OK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Not a great match but wow the last few minutes was brilliant.

Hard luck Martinn but could I recommend a nice Chasselas Grand Cru Calamin (lovely Swiss White wine, virtually impossible to find outside the country) to settle the nerves.

Would love to be cracking open a nice Malbec but think I will just request an extra little something from the drugs trolley to celebrate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Red Hare

That was another great game! Pity that someone had to loose Martin. Congrats to the Hen!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

I think I was watching another match The Swiss against the Argies was the worst game of the knockout stages so far. Truly awful. :(

• Advertisement

Layinghen wrote: »
    Not a great match but wow the last few minutes was brilliant.
    Layinghen wrote:

And I barely even know what is going on!!!!
    Rubelica wrote:
    I think I was watching another match The Swiss against the Argies was the worst game of the knockout stages so far.
    Red Hare wrote:
    That was another great game!

See, it's much better than the Football Forum

Anyone for USA....

martinn123 wrote: »

Anyone for USA....

Here's their lineup...........Anyone

[URL="[IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/33kuhll.jpg[/IMG]"]33kuhll.jpg[/URL]

Well we got one Mod on Board, anyone else, a closet football fan.

20 mins to go........

That baldy American bloke on the RTE panel, is much more articulate, and makes more sense than the Baldy Irish bloke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,270 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Here's their lineup...........Anyone

[URL="[IMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/33kuhll.jpg[/IMG]"]33kuhll.jpg[/URL]

Well we got one Mod on Board, anyone else, a closet football fan.

20 mins to go........
    I must register another account :pac:

That baldy American bloke on the RTE panel, is much more articulate, and makes more sense than the Baldy Irish bloke.
    That wouldn't be too difficult for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,742 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Do you think there is sticky tape involved with those little shirts? Do you think there is any chance they might actually be running around?

• Advertisement

Even I know that was a great match.

See you in the next round Rubes.

OK so on to the Quarter Finals.

We have a couple of teams looking for support.

4th July

France ( BrensBenz) v Germany ( Red Hare )

then

Brazil ( Muffler ) v Columbia................anyone

5th July

it's

Argentina ( Layinghen ) v Belgium ( Rubecula )

then

Netherlands ( Jellybaby1 ) v Costa Rica...................anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Oh hell, am I still in then? I told yiz me nerves were shot after their last match. Oh all right then but if all my hair falls out its all yizzer's fault!!! Come on me oul' Dutch!

Even I know that was a great match.

See you in the next round Rubes.

Looking forward to a quick battle with you Hen. Just be gentle with me as I am a delicate oul Rubes :cool:

Well delighted to report I was sprung today so should be match fit for Saturday:D

Don't worry Rubes gentle is my middle name!!!!!!!!

And your first name is Notever? :)

:D:D:D:D

Well delighted to report I was sprung today so should be match fit for Saturday:D

Great News,

OK so everyone else is on their game, and Match fit, for the 1/4 rs, I have decided in the absence of further supporters, ( especially the missing Mod ),
    to make the following Executive Decision.

I will apply for a ''Buy-In'' and support Columbia v Muffler's Brazil

Can I request, Mr Hare, to step up again, and support, Costa Rica.

As it's not a match against Red Hare's Germany, I hope this will not cause a matrimonial conflagration.

If they both Win, and meet eventually in the Final, the entry fees for this competition, will be donated to a conflict resolution society.

Best of luck everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭BrensBenz

Is

it
    over
    yet?

It
    will
    all
    be
    over
    for
    France ( your team)
    on
    Friday
    4th
    July

Come on Germany!

• Advertisement

Red Hare wrote: »
    It
    will
    all
    be
    over
    for
    France ( your team)
    on
    Friday
    4th
    July

Come on Germany!

Germany! Now there's a proper bunch of lads. Proper language, proper beer and they know how to use soap. Is it too late for me to adopt Germany instead?

Anyway, aren't the Air Traffic Controllers in Frawce having their annual strike and, if they lose, the rest of the country will go on strike? If Frawce do lose, how will they get home? Dozens of unwashed Frawsez, in culottes, roaming the planet, pockets bulging with hair products and snails.

Oh, I've just remembered. All is not lost. I restart chemo on Friday. Now, THAT will be more entertaining than watching a bunch of strangled vowel sounds sulking about not being allowed to use their hands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

While you are going through your treatment Brens, I thought you might like something to jolly along to. Ah Brenz, ma leetle crepes suzette, zis eez fhor you:

I hope everything goes well for you on Friday Brens. Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Best wishes for Friday Brens

Best wishes for Friday, Brens, we're all rooting for you.

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    While you are going through your treatment Brens, I thought you might like something to jolly along to. Ah Brenz, ma leetle crepes suzette, zis eez fhor you:

I hope everything goes well for you on Friday Brens. Wishing you a speedy recovery!
    Best wishes for Friday Brens

Many thanks for these good wishes - probably on the wrong thread but much appreciated. And any reminders of Spike Milligan or Kenneth Williams are always welcome. Have you read Milligan's "Adolf Hitler - My Part In His Downfall"? The only book that ever caused me pain from laughing!

Chemo-plumbing was done today - I got a shave and a free fake tan on one side of my chest. These, combined with the evidence of two major surgeries on my torso and a delightful chemo-rash, I just don't understand how the wimmin keep their hands off me! Maybe if I wore that special hospital gown the right way around?

The new chemo recipe is similar to what I had a year ago but not the recipe that almost killed me at Christmas. So, at least, I know what to expect and, since I returned to the oul sod for good, I have a support network this time. Had to come home because more and more of me was being buried overseas! I don't mind pushing up daisies.....so long as they're Irish daisies.

Back on topic, I was shown the chemo-suite today. Tomorrow's guests are all male......and there's a telly.......and all of the seats are aimed at it.......and you tell me that "my" team (bluddy Frawse) are playing tomorrow. Ohhhh......................Gaaawwwwwwwdddddd!

Because, as a kid, I couldn't kick snow off a rope, I played rugby instead. (The supporters were all female!) During post-match ablutions, certain, slightly risque operatic arias were performed, one of which remains in my memory and which I plan to repeat tomorrow in order to encourage the Deutscher team. To a very simple melody, the lyrics go:

Raa Raa Ree
    Kick 'em in the knee
    Raa Raa Rowlocks
    Kick 'em in the other knee

(Sailors pronounce it "rollocks". French pronounce it "throat-clear yryryruhh")

BrensBenz wrote: »
    Because, as a kid, I couldn't kick snow off a rope, I played rugby instead. (The supporters were all female!) During post-match ablutions, certain, slightly risque operatic arias were performed, one of which remains in my memory and which I plan to repeat tomorrow in order to encourage the Deutsche team. To a very simple melody, the lyrics go:

Raa Raa Ree
    Kick 'em in the knee
    Raa Raa Rowlocks
    Kick 'em in the other knee

(Sailors pronounce it "rollocks". French pronounce it "throat-clear yryryruhh")

Ah Rugby songs,

remember this one, ( caution very Rude Words)

Remember it? LOL I still sing it

I'm really looking forward to the match. Got a nice bottle of Marlborough chillin'
    for a five o clock kick off! Hope Brens is doing ok.

Viva la Germany!

• Advertisement

I'm really looking forward to the match. Got a nice bottle of Marlborough chillin'
    for a five o clock kick off! Hope Brens is doing ok.

Viva la Germany!

Marlborough!!!!Marlborough???? New Zealand aren't playing.

Put it away it's the wine we cannot mention for you young lady (nun in the navy outfit, hint hint;)) support German, drink German :D:D:D

Or you could always head to the off licence for beer.......

Advertisement