Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The O&O 2014 World Cup Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

[URL="[IMG]http://i62.tinypic.com/nod92t.jpg[/IMG]"]nod92t.jpg[/URL]

Right here's how this works.

We hammer Brazil 7-1.

Then Netherlands beat the Argies

So we have an all European Final.

You will find the usual envelope under your seat

OK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

I'd go along with that Martinn. .........there's no envelope under my seat! Its a TRICK!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭BrensBenz

martinn123 wrote: »
    So we have an all European Final.

A Dutch / Deutsche final? Wow!

My boys are ready and chomping at the bit. BRING IT ON!!!!

Not a great game so far,............come on ......either team.

• Advertisement

There is too much activity at the Dutch end. This is a tougher match, and I is getting scared now. I do not believe that first free was deserved, no, it definitely was not deserved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Red Hare

Its very tense :eek:

Ah bum! Very unsatisfactory, so disappointing. I just fired our goalie, pity we couldn't have put that mountain of a man into goal. What a way to end.

Hard luck Jellybaby!

I'm weeping into my tea! And we have another game to play too. I can't take much more of this, I can't! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭roran

nod92t.jpg

"I was there (1966)...it was that much in front of the line"!!

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    I do not believe that first free was deserved, no, it definitely was not deserved.

Hey lads, we appear to have a real ofisheon...offichyon...expert in our ranks - someone who understands frees in soccer. Is this allowed? I vote to disqualify any O or O who understands the offside rule and impose lesser penalties, on a sliding scale, for knowledge of lesser rules, e.g:
    Rule 1.2.1.13: A scone, with buhher, is forfeit for knowing the "you can't play unless you walk on holding hands with a little boy" rule;
    Rule 2.1.4.11: A big slice of madeira cake is forfeit for knowing the rule about crying at the ref and your coach if the baddie takes the ball from you.

I will provide inspection, Quality Control and, if required, disposal of any or all of the proceeds, free of charge.

You're welcome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Commiserations Jellybaby. You did your best with them:)

See you in the final Red Hare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

Don't forget the Commandments BrensBenz.

1/ Thou shall not support Enger-land (especially if you do not live in London)
    2/ Thou wilt not throw a cock on the field of play during a French game.
    3/ Thou wilt do the Samba in a Bikini during a Brazil game. (Optional for ladies)
    4/ Thou wilt not "Mention ze Var" during the final.
    5/ Thou wilt report all scores of the hurling during the final if you know them. (I can not get them that often)
    6/ Ditto for GAA football.
    7/ The Tour De France is off limits.
    8/ The Golf is strictly forbidden.
    9/ Tennis is Right Out. (anyone who breaks this rule is to be stoned. Apricot stones will do)
    10/ Anyone telling everyone else that ROI will win the Euro's in two years time will be venerated above all others, for they are mighty in knowledge.

Rubecula wrote: »
    Don't forget the Commandments BrensBenz.

1/ Thou shall not support Enger-land (especially if you do not live in London)
    2/ Thou wilt not throw a cock on the field of play during a French game.
    3/ Thou wilt do the Samba in a Bikini during a Brazil game. (Optional for ladies)
    4/ Thou wilt not "Mention ze Var" during the final.
    5/ Thou wilt report all scores of the hurling during the final if you know them. (I can not get them that often)
    6/ Ditto for GAA football.
    7/ The Tour De France is off limits.
    8/ The Golf is strictly forbidden.
    9/ Tennis is Right Out. (anyone who breaks this rule is to be stoned. Apricot stones will do)
    10/ Anyone telling everyone else that ROI will win the Euro's in two years time will be venerated above all others, for they are mighty in knowledge.

OK if I read these later? There's sailing on tonight and I feel like a bit of a sit on the beach......all by myself........with binoculars.........alone........

I did wonder though.....if it's an Argie / Deutsche final (I think), just who can the Ingerlish cheer for? I would suggest they support Deutscheland because, to echo the thoughts of Myles na gCopaleen, Germany gave England the three things they hold most dear, i.e. the monarchy, the Protestant religion and the BMW 5 Series.

BrensBenz wrote:

I did wonder though.....if it's an Argie / Deutsche final (I think), just who can the Ingerlish cheer for? I would suggest they support Deutscheland because, to echo the thoughts of Myles na gCopaleen, Germany gave England the three things they hold most dear, i.e. the monarchy, the Protestant religion and the BMW 5 Series.

Well obviously they can't support the Argies, I seem to remember some disagreement over Les Malvinas.

And the Big one 1966, and all that, I think the chant was " Two world wars and a World Cup"

I think they will stay in Weatherspoons, and drink Krap beer, and plot against Hodges.

P.s Don't tell Muffler, but his team has to play again on Sat.

Wonder how the crowd will welcome them.

BrensBenz wrote: »
    Germany gave England the three things they hold most dear, i.e. the monarchy, the Protestant religion and the BMW 5 Series.

Of the three the only one I hold dear is the Monarchy really and I can't agree that the Germans gave it to us. .....just as I can't claim to be Irish even though the family is from Dublin.

;)

Rubecula wrote: »
    Of the three the only one I hold dear is the Monarchy really and I can't agree that the Germans gave it to us. .....just as I can't claim to be Irish even though the family is from Dublin.

;)

Well, Myles was writing in the 1950's and wasn't known for his accuracy, sobriety, politeness or tact. In fact, his inaccuracies often made his writings funnier. Sort of a verbose Alf Garnett.

So, will the Rubeculand barbie have Argentinian steak and wine or wurst and pilsner next Sunday?

BrensBenz wrote: »

So, will the Rubeculand barbie have Argentinian steak and wine or wurst and pilsner next Sunday?

I can drink wine but not a great lover of it. I used to like Warsteiner Pilsner :cool:

As for Steak or Wurst...... Can I have both? :D

Regarding the footy. Heart says Germany but head says Argentina. :confused:

I did say before the start that Argentina would win, and I can't really change my mind on that. :rolleyes:

Who will I cheer on? The team that plays the best and most entertaining football, or no one. :o

Well, I have been on the Met Eireann Web-site, and their best guess for Sunday, is clear skies, no rain, and relatively warm temperatures

So perfect barbecue weather.

Can we have your best recipes for a World Cup Final feast.

to help,

Or perhaps

I would welcome some beer, and wine suggestions, all I can think of is ''Dutch Gold''.

Finally I will be taking bets, on Brens's guests not turning on the Tele.

I had a ''significant birthday bash'' a few weeks ago.
    First the Brother in Law, found the remote, then a game started, and in no time the front room was full of beer swilling eejits, shouting at the TV.

• Advertisement

I discovered my Dutch Gold was merely fool's gold, sadly! :(

martinn123 wrote: »
    Well, I have been on the Met Eireann Web-site, and their best guess for Sunday, is clear skies, no rain, and relatively warm temperatures

So perfect barbecue weather.

Finally I will be taking bets, on Brens's guests not turning on the Tele.

Well, statistically speaking, I suppose it is "possible" that the telly "might" spontaneously activate itself and this fenom event "might" be witnessed by "some" guests and the shock of it "might" render them wobbley-kneed and they "possibly might" have to sit down, on sofas, to confirm that the telly spontaneously came alive, taking oxygen. councelling and strong beverages to restore their composure. Of course, in the role of mein host, I would facilitate their recovery....until their attention was firmly returned to my grandson.

I always tend to try to learn from the past and seem to remember a similar miracle, some time ago, in Ballinspiddal. Maybe the invites should suggest bringing a bottle....and rosary beads.

May I suggest the finest German wine...;)

[IMG][/img]4pwit3.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

:D Ohhhhhhh

Oh-oh! RedHare, you are swimming in dangerous waters. You are dicing with death. You are stepping over the parapet. You are dead meat, mate!

And may God have mercy on your soul!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Red Hare:eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,742 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Wha' wha'? Did somebody say something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

I've notified Beruthiel. She is dusting off the BanHammer.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

OldGoat wrote: »
    I've notified Beruthiel. She is dusting off the BanHammer.

M'Lady Beruthiel may like this as an idea: (Caution contains some rather rude words)

• Advertisement

Runs :eek:

Advertisement