Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

data coverage Emoblie

Options
  • 11-06-2014 12:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭

I have a galaxy 3 and ever since I got it over a year ago I noticed that 3g rarely works
    I mostly get edge connection and slower data.

Nothing wrong with my phone but I do thing the 3G network is shocking poor.

Ive used my phone at lots of different location around the city and even if I do get 3G displayed once I start to use data it switches to edge connection.

Friend who bought the same phone on same network has very same problem

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 690 ✭✭✭eMobile: Grainne

visual wrote: »
    I have a galaxy 3  and ever since I got it over a year ago I noticed that 3g rarely works
    I mostly get edge connection and slower data.

Nothing wrong with my phone but I do thing the 3G network is shocking poor.  

Ive used my phone at lots of different location around the city and even if I do get 3G displayed once I start to use data it switches to edge connection.    

Friend who bought the same phone on same network has very same problem
    Hi visual,

Sorry to hear your having problems connecting to the internet on your phone. Could you advise have you tried your SIM card in another phone. Also what locations is this happening.

Grainne

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭visual

Hi visual,

Sorry to hear your having problems connecting to the internet on your phone. Could you advise have you tried your SIM card in another phone. Also what locations is this happening.

Grainne

country wide and its only with Emobile network
    same phone on vodafone doesn't have the same problem.

This brings me to another question
    I bought unlimited calls unlimited text unlimited data all for special discount rate of 34.50 per month.

I was really interest in the data and asked a lot of questions at time about data fair use upto 25gb per month someone suggested I text balance and it says 15gb per month not that with very slow data that its possible to consume that amount.

In effect I have a smart phone that works on wifi great but on emobile network its restricted by data speed.

I did shortly after buying phone have to return it as it was freezing up the sim was replaced then.
    Unfortunately my other phones use bigger sim so I can't swap and in the shop I bought phone they said that 3g was very poor in their area so couldn't test.

Im of the view that the 3g network is either over subscribe or poor coverage.

Is this the issue as friends on vodafone don't seem to have same issue.

• Company Representative Posts: 690 ✭✭✭eMobile: Grainne

visual wrote: »
    Hi visual,

Grainne

country wide and its only with Emobile network  
    same phone on vodafone doesn't have the same problem.  

This brings me to another question
    I bought unlimited calls unlimited text unlimited data all for special discount rate of 34.50 per month.  

I was really interest in the data and asked a lot of questions at time about data  fair use upto 25gb per month    someone suggested I text balance and it says 15gb per month    not that with very slow data that its possible to consume that amount.  

In effect I have a smart phone that works on wifi great but on emobile network its restricted by data speed.  

I did shortly after buying phone have to return it as it was freezing up the sim was replaced then.
    Unfortunately my other phones use bigger sim so I can't swap and in the shop I bought phone they said that 3g was very poor in their area so couldn't test.  

Im of the view that the 3g network is either over subscribe or poor coverage.  

Is this the issue as friends on vodafone don't seem to have same issue.
    Hi visual,

I would need you to give me a location that this is happening in to get this investigated. Also could you remove the battery from your phone while switched on then switch back on does this make a difference?

Grainne

Advertisement