Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** Japanese 2014 - Before / after **

• 11-06-2014 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

I know a lot Japanese students aren't using boards.ie but I decided to make on anyway.

My Japanese Exam will probably be my biggest, because it's the exam where I'm depending on the points. I'm still stuck with the listening and my vocab, and I need to revise some kanji. I still don't know the numbers for Kanji completely (oh god) I recently found a poster containing lots of difficult Kanji not used in Nihongo Kantan, (was shocked) and it was titled Leaving Cert Kanji, I almost fainted LMAO Hopefully things go well. I got a B1 in 5th year summer, C1 in Pre-mocks, and a C2 in Mocks. I don't get how I was declining in results. I never liked the teacher anyway.

Hopefully we will get a good exam :D How about you guys? Is your study going well?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Unless the poster with LC Kanji was issued by the Department, I wouldn't worry. As with text books in other subjects, there can be a lot of stuff out there that is not on the syllabus and won't be asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭LimerickLad92

Just relax, theres not too much you can do now, just breathe and read / revise.

For Kanji just keep writing them out until it sticks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 februaryair

Finally, someone else who's doing Japanese! I haven't looked at it since the oral, but thankfully I have two days before the exam. What essay questions do you think will come up? That's the part that I'm dreading the most.

As for the poster, the syllabus (curriculumonline.ie/getmedia/6aaec8af-748f-4cdf-9e72-e0348297e42f/SCSEC23_Japanese_Syllabus_eng.pdf) has a list of all the kanji towards the end, so if it's not there, we don't need to know it.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭LimerickLad92

Finally, someone else who's doing Japanese! I haven't looked at it since the oral, but thankfully I have two days before the exam. What essay questions do you think will come up? That's the part that I'm dreading the most.

As for the poster, the syllabus (curriculumonline.ie/getmedia/6aaec8af-748f-4cdf-9e72-e0348297e42f/SCSEC23_Japanese_Syllabus_eng.pdf) has a list of all the kanji towards the end, so if it's not there, we don't need to know it.

hey, im not actually doing Japanese.

But I study it in University, i never did it in school.

The advice remains the same. if you need help with your japanese just pm me

• Registered Users Posts: 15 High55hgih

Doing Japanese as well! got a C1 in the mocks and I'm really hoping for an A2 at least x) I'm depending on this subject to get me the points I need.

がんばって!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 BlazingBladeDA

Same, If I get an A2 I'll be happy. The exam wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. Especially the listening. Hopefully I did well

yeah listening went well :D I didn't get the date (only got may) and direction for the 2nd part though :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 februaryair

I got the date, but made up the directions haha. Really wish I had more time for the written! :(

the girl talked too fast for that part I was like whut? 0_0
    I kinda started early on the written part but q4 was rushed cuz of that :(

Advertisement