Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Fire/Pixies Sun 29th June....time??-

Options
  • 11-06-2014 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,
    anyone know what time is concert due to start and end for Arcade Fire and the Pixies on 29th June .Have four tickets and am heading, a brother of mine wants to go but would have to be home to go to work in Westport the next morning. Mentions 3pm on ticketmaster site but its hardly on that early is it?. Have been to a few concerts in Marley park before and they were always around 7:30pm starts.
    thanks for any news.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Arcade Fire will probably finish around 10.30-10.45 I would think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Hi folks,
    anyone know what time is concert due to start and end for Arcade Fire and the Pixies on 29th June .Have four tickets and am heading, a brother of mine wants to go but would have to be home to go to work in Westport the next morning. Mentions 3pm on ticketmaster site but its hardly on that early is it?. Have been to a few concerts in Marley park before and they were always around 7:30pm starts.
    thanks for any news.

There'll probably be 2 morre support acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

any one's best guess when the Pixies will go on?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,360 ✭✭✭✭8-10

MAJJ wrote: »
    any one's best guess when the Pixies will go on?

6/6.30

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Evan Bruton

Ham Sandwich and Tvvins are also playing so it could start around 4/half 4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Ham Sandwich and Tvvins are also playing so it could start around 4/half 4

Ham Sandwich were on the radio earlier.. Think they said they were on at 4.30, so that would make it a bit earlier..

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭res ipsa

Pixies 7pm finish 830pm
    Arcade 9pm finish 10.45pm?

Any better guesses or more information?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

res ipsa wrote: »
    Pixies 7pm finish 830pm

Cheers, that would have been my guess too but just in case aiming to get there at 6

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Gonna stop creating double threads on the same topic, use the older one.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Doser

res ipsa wrote: »
    Pixies 7pm finish 830pm

Can't see Pixies doing their full show, surely won't be an hour and a half? Wouldn't be surprised if the stage check for Arcade Fire ran longer than a half hour.

Gates are 3pm, so my best bet is:

Tvvins 4:30-5/5:15
    HamsandwicH 5:45-6:30
    Pixies 7-8/8:15
    Arcade Fire 9-10:30ish

Arcade Fires' shows have been going on about 1 hour 40 minutes. Two nights after Glastonbury, it's sure to be a memorable gig!!

• Advertisement

Doser wrote: »
    Can't see Pixies doing their full show, surely won't be an hour and a half? Wouldn't be surprised if the stage check for Arcade Fire ran longer than a half hour.

Tvvins 4:30-5/5:15
    HamsandwicH 5:45-6:30
    Pixies 7-8/8:15
    Arcade Fire 9-10:30ish

Arcade Fires' shows have been going on about 1 hour 40 minutes. Two nights after Glastonbury, it's sure to be a memorable gig!!

Which shows specifically? I'm expecting 2hrs-ish, certainly not only an hour and a half as you suggest, would be very disappointing

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Arcade Fire – 20.30hrs
    Pixies – 18:30hrs
    Ham Sandwich – 16.45
    TVVINS – 15.45hrs

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Doser

8-10 wrote: »
    Which shows specifically? I'm expecting 2hrs-ish, certainly not only an hour and a half as you suggest, would be very disappointing

You might have to prepare to be disappointed so! I've seen them three times live on this tour and watched the numerous live webcast performances. They've followed more or less the same setlist for the past few months, working to just over an hour and a half, including encore. That said, the show after Glastonbury and penultimate for this tour, they may just throw anything they have at Dublin.
    Hyde Park is the final gig for over a month, a couple of days after Marley Park. That doesn't seem to be selling overly well, being announced later than the rest and with Arcade Fire having already played a sting of UK dates. Hopefully this means they'll really give it everything in Marley Park.
    You won't be disappointed, it's non-stop energy for the whole set. Physically and emotionally draining. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

HamsandwicH :30-5/5:15
    Pixies 6:30
    Arcade Fire 8

Times are on this
    http://www.mcd.ie/marlayinfo.pdf

ham sandwich 4:30

Surely there will be a full Pixies set then

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Listrydude

cannot wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

Would it be a good or bad idea to watch arcade fire at Glastonbury at 11 on bbc? Going on sunday.

Anybody watching Glastonbury? If Sunday is anything like it, it will be unbelievable !

You might have to prepare to be disappointed so! I've seen them three times live on this tour and watched the numerous live webcast performances. They've followed more or less the same setlist for the past few months, working to just over an hour and a half, including encore. That said, the show after Glastonbury and penultimate for this tour, they may just throw anything they have at Dublin.
    Hyde Park is the final gig for over a month, a couple of days after Marley Park. That doesn't seem to be selling overly well, being announced later than the rest and with Arcade Fire having already played a sting of UK dates. Hopefully this means they'll really give it everything in Marley Park.
    You won't be disappointed, it's non-stop energy for the whole set. Physically and emotionally draining. :)

As I said which shows specifically? Think Earls Court shows were both 2hrs

Anybody watching Glastonbury? If Sunday is anything like it, it will be unbelievable !

Ya. I felt the crowd didnt really engage much with them. They weren't there to see them specifically kinda vibe

• Advertisement

Deco99 wrote: »
    Ya. I felt the crowd didnt really engage much with them. They weren't there to see them specifically kinda vibe

That's festivals I guess, the performance was unreal though

That's festivals I guess, the performance was unreal though

Agreed

Advertisement