Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extremely poor customer servive from Eircom

Options
  • 11-06-2014 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

I've been trying, unsuccessfully, to get Eircom to increase my broadband  from a paltry 7mb to 24mb (or 17mb, depends on who you speak to in eircom) which is available on my line. Finally got sales to raise order, only for real difficulties to start. I have been pushed from Tech to Sales, and back again, numerous times over the last week (15 calls), until I got the "upgrade" yesterday, which ended up being from 7mb to 0mb!!! Now I need another order to be processed before Eircom can rectify this, ie put me back on 7mb! Unbelievable.
    On a positive note, most people I dealt with were very nice, but not empowered to cross the departmental borders to co-ordinate a fix.
    I'm with Eircom 23 years now. I've spoken to Tech, Sales, Customer Services and Loyalty Depts. I've run out of options with Eircom. Don't go there would be my advise.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Deise West wrote: »
    I've been trying, unsuccessfully, to get Eircom to increase my broadband  from a paltry 7mb to 24mb (or 17mb, depends on who you speak to in eircom) which is available on my line. Finally got sales to raise order, only for real difficulties to start. I have been pushed from Tech to Sales, and back again, numerous times over the last week (15 calls), until I got the "upgrade" yesterday, which ended up being from 7mb to 0mb!!! Now I need another order to be processed before Eircom can rectify this, ie put me back on 7mb! Unbelievable.
    On a positive note, most people I dealt with were very nice, but not empowered to cross the departmental borders to co-ordinate a fix.
    I'm with Eircom 23 years now. I've spoken to Tech, Sales, Customer Services and Loyalty Depts. I've run out of options with Eircom. Don't go there would be my advise.
    Hi Deise West

I'm sorry to hear of these issues and of course apologise for the inconvenience this has caused. If you would like me to look in to this further please PM me your eircom account details.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Deise West

Such a shame that Eircom procedures apparently prevent customer issues being elevated. I tried to speak to a manager in 4 different departments (Tech, Sales, Customer Services, and Loyalty) to try to resolve my issue, after regular staff members failed to resolve the issue, despite trying their best in fairness. I still have no broadband at all despite numerous calls. I've had to log a complaint with Comreg to elevate the issue within Eircom.
    So many decent people working in Eircom, I hope the company changes it's procedures or it will be buried by Sky and UPC.

After a week and a half, I have had my first contact from Eircom that wasn't initiated by myself! Is this a sign of progress? Received this text this morning:

"Dear customer, we are aware that your fault is still open. We are actively working to resolve it as quickly as possible. We apologise for the inconvenience"

After a week and a half, I have had my first contact from Eircom that wasn't initiated by myself! Is this a sign of progress? Received this text this morning:

"Dear customer, we are aware that your fault is still open. We are actively working to resolve it as quickly as possible. We apologise for the inconvenience"

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi Deise West

This issue is logged under reference 12313377 and is currently assigned and in the hands of a crew of technicians. I've contacted them this morning and I have been advised that they hope to have this fully resolved within the next 48 hours. As soon as I notice any further updates I will let you know right away.

Thanks
    Al[/font]

Alan, how does it take 5 days to fix internet in a major built-up area where the infrastructure is in place. I understand that a switch needs to be flicked in the local exchange to remedy my problem, and return the service that I am currently paying for, but Eircom procedures/paperwork is the roadblock!!
    The bad old days of Eircom have resurfaced? Thought yee had improved, very frustrating.

• Advertisement

Alan, thanks for your response above, but in all fairness, it's the standard Eircom response, similar to the one I've gotten from ever other person in Eircom over the last 2 weeks.
    "Case no xxxx, spoke to Tech, problem will be fixed in 48 hours"

Alan, thanks for your response above, but in all fairness, it's the standard Eircom response, similar to the one I've gotten from ever other person in Eircom over the last 2 weeks.
    "Case no xxxx, spoke to Tech, problem will be fixed in 48 hours"
    Hi Deise West

Issues can sometimes arise which need the attention of eircom engineers. The targets resolution working timeframe is 4 workings days and in some cases delays can occur. It is no in to 5 days and of course I would like to apologise for the delays but I can assure you engineers are currently on site and hopefully we will have more news for you later today.

Al

Advertisement