Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kildare traffic wardens

Options
  • 11-06-2014 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭

Does anyone know if the traffic wardens employed on behalf of KCC take photographic evidence?

Mrs Bilko has received a fine but was nowhere near the alleged incident on the date involved.

Thanks,
    Ernie

The ticket notification came from a private company on behalf of KCC , if this helps jog peoples memory

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

sgt.bilko wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the traffic wardens employed on behalf of KCC take photographic evidence?

Mrs Bilko has received a fine but was nowhere near the alleged incident on the date involved.

Thanks,
    Ernie
    I've seen them in Celbridge taking pics of reg. plates and out-of-date tax discs so it's probably a Countywide standard.
    Edit: They usually take a picture of the complete car from back and front so the background is also included.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Celbridge are private wardens, KCC have some of their own as well as varying private contractors. But regardless these days they usually take photographic evidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭blackbird98

They definitely do in Newbridge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Private contractors do especially when clamping - they do it to prove that any damage to the car wasn't caused by them.

If it's a council warden I don't think they take pics - they just write a ticket with the reg, date and time and location on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

I've seen the guys in Kildare town taking a photo while giving a ticket in the little car park outside the parish church and over by the cyms hall. I think they're KCC employees.

• Advertisement
Advertisement