Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parkrun Kilkenny

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Amigaman

@DWW - Sincerest apologies you had a less then positive experience in Kilkenny castle on Saturday, its part of the parkrun ethos that we don't have exclusive use of the parks we run in and every event briefing ( including the one on Saturday in Kilkenny ) contains the warning that parkrunners defer to other park users , all parkrun event directors do a risk assessment of their courses and volunteer marshals are positioned at areas considered to warrant them . I know the team in Kilkenny would welcome your feedback and would urge you to contact Grainne @ kilkennyoffice@parkrun.com . I myself was at Kilkenny on sat. and am always conscious of other park users defering to them when necessary and warning parkrunners behind using hand signals , however for a lot of people on sat. it was their first parkrun , and I'm sure lessons can always be learned . There were 160 finishers last sat and I would reasonably expect the average attendance to fall in the 110- 140 range for the next 8 months or so a number I believe the course can easily accommodate .The course itself presents a few unique challanges and I'm sure the the ED will be only too happy to take your feedback on board , again I would urge you to contact her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Amigaman wrote: »
    @DWW - Sincerest apologies you had a less then positive experience in Kilkenny castle on Saturday.......

Thanks for that, though I don't think an apology was necessary, I'll have a think and fire off an email sometime.

Edit: email sent

Advertisement