Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When are the leaving cert papers corrected?

• 11-06-2014 3:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭

I've always wondered when the leaving cert papers are corrected? Are they sent off to the SEC or correctors the day the exam is finished? Could some people's English exam be corrected right at this moment? :p

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40 Pidge96

Lollipop95 wrote: »
    I've always wondered when the leaving cert papers are corrected? Are they sent off to the SEC or correctors the day the exam is finished? Could some people's English exam be corrected right at this moment? :p

As far as I know the examiners go to a conference collect a bundle of scripts (a massive one apparently) and correct them at home before sending them back

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Most correcting is done in the last week of June until the last week in July. Some subjects start the first week in July, some a little earlier. The results have to be back to Athlone by the end of July and then they get entered into the computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 LC.student2014

How do you apply to get your scripts re-checked after the results?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You get a form with you results about viewing the scripts and there is a recheck request form at the viewings.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 LC.student2014

@spurious Thank you :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement