Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Morton Games 2014

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Fantastic evening of racing! It would of been nice if I was competing but I didn't make the sub1.59 cut for the 800s ha. Next year though! Loads and loads of pbs for friends though.

RayCun wrote: »
    pretty sure he missed it, he looked blown on the back straight was dropping back through the field

55secs for the 1st 409 was crazy though, that's 3.21 pace for 1500l! Some going by Travers, ambitious kicking so early, when he got passed I didn't think he would hang on that well, to be a 3.55 and such a big pb at that level in insane, great to see all the work paying off.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Birdsong

Was at this for the first time, really enjoy it. Its a great night out & for €5, its really great value. It's only a pity there's not a bigger attendance, really could do with a good marketing, to fill it up

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Awesome event, the quality throughout was top class and good conditions for fast running. Managed to blag myself a press pass and got some nice shots throughout the evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Absolutely great night.

Missed alot of the races after the early ones with being in the treatment room but results were trickling in and the athletes themselves were hugely impressed with both the race organisation and the atmosphere.

10 sub 4 milers in the race tonight,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

ecoli wrote: »
    Absolutely great night.

Missed alot of the races after the early ones with being in the treatment room but results were trickling in and the athletes themselves were hugely impressed with both the race organisation and the atmosphere.

10 sub 4 milers in the race tonight,

What time did olionaird run through 1500?

• Advertisement

TRR wrote: »
    What time did olionaird run through 1500?

Didn't get the official split but missed the qualifier, 4.00.88 finishing time I believe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

Results on irish milers club website

http://irishmilersclub.com/perch/resources/1405119068-copy-of-morton-games-full-results-2014.xls

Olionaird through 1500 in 3.40.40. I think QT for euros is 3.40.50. Travers with a savage 3.37 so fair play to him.

Really excited about euros this year. English and Barr in with great shots at medals. Gregan not going well at the moment. Hopefully he's in a big block of training

TRR wrote: »
    Results on irish milers club website

http://irishmilersclub.com/perch/resources/1405119068-copy-of-morton-games-full-results-2014.xls

Olionaird through 1500 in 3.40.40. I think QT for euros is 3.40.50. Travers with a savage 3.37 so fair play to him.

Really excited about euros this year. English and Barr in with great shots at medals. Gregan not going well at the moment. Hopefully he's in a big block of training

Talking to people last night didn't think he got the standard, creates a few headaches for the selectors now with 4 lads having the standard

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

ecoli wrote: »
    Talking to people last night didn't think he got the standard, creates a few headaches for the selectors now with 4 lads having the standard

That's only a B standard for Len though no? Only developmental athletes get sent with a B and it must be 2 B standards.

Chivito550 wrote: »
    That's only a B standard for Len though no? Only developmental athletes get sent with a B and it must be 2 B standards.

Right you are:o, keep forgetting there is a B standard for us (no EAA b standard), going for it again this week coming though so still could get it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56,249 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Hell of a time by Travers. New PB?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

walshb wrote: »
    Hell of a time by Travers. New PB?

Huuuuuge new pb, in both the mile and 15! As he said on his Fb one of the best days of his life!

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭PVincent

Great footage on utube under EastDown AC of a lot of last nights races. Great atmosphere generated in the races with Barr, English and Travers.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭clear thinking

Great night all in all. The 400mH and the mile were real highlights and wont be forgotten quickly by anyone there!!

We reckoned about 1,300 in attendance which was smashing after lasts years event didn't pull a crowd.

The goal now has to be to keep the event improving on and off the track for athletes and spectators alike.

Advertisement