Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cant find accommodation

Options
  • 11-06-2014 3:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭

Going through the online sites such as rightmove and zoopla ive went over and viewed a few properties.

However, my financial situation going over is a sticking point. Ill be on circa 19k starting however, it goes up after 4 months. I cant get this in writing as to what from my employer, as my contract is still conditional and subject to medical, which I dont do until I start.

This is a big thing for referencers over there, as in their eyes, im unemployed without a set contract..

Ive offered 3 to 4 months up front, or the monthly difference up front but they dont want to know unless I have a set term from my employer or 6months up front.

This issue is only from the letting agencies, im sure if I dealt with a landlord direct, they may be easier to deal with... Are there any sites which are landlord only?

or any other suggestions on how to go about this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭Bench Press

spareroom.co.uk is your best bet to avoid agencies, its all landlords and people looking to share houses and flats

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭exiledelbows

gumtree too, but you've to wade through an awful lot of crap to find something good. It allows you to search for priivate landlords only.

Alternatively, maybe some form of short-term let might suit to start off?

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭bijou

You could try openrent.co.uk it's a site my cousin used - I think you deal directly with landlords on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭arctan

cheers thanks people :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Long Gone

arctan wrote: »
    Ill be on circa 19k starting however, it goes up after 4 months.

I hope it goes up a lot - 19k is nowhere near a living wage for London.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭arctan

ah I'm down towards Portsmouth, but ye it'll be tough even down there on it

Advertisement